AD + AD = D

cough

I don't think the hints exposed are strong enough to suggest that Arthur and Ashara had an incestuous relationship. Nor that Arthur was sexually active like other Kingsguards of his time like Prince Lewyn Martell. Barristan said the ties between the kingsguard brothers were strong in his days and they kept each other secrets. So if Arthur wanted to have sex with someone he could count with his brothers silence rather than resorting to the twisted logic that because he was a man of honor, it was preferable that he had sex with his own sister them any other woman. And it's very unlikely that if Arthur had an affair with anyone it would go unnoticed among the other Kingsguards.

4 hours ago, cough said:

Q: Why does Daenerys not remember Viserys in the House with the red Door, and how on Earth does she remember it fondly?(Viserys is a narcissist surrounded older people he can't really tyrannise with one exception - Daenerys, meaning he'd make her life hell, not pleasant like she remembers)

I believe Viserys is implicit here:

"After Ser Willem had died, the servants had stolen what little money they had left, and soon after they had been put out of the big house."

As for why Daenerys remembers the place with affection, it would be because back then she had a home. A steady home with someone like Willem Darry, who made her feel safe and treated her kindly. Viserys might have other entertainment available to him besides tormenting his little sister. Maybe he didn't even care about her at that time and it wasn't until they'd both been forced to leave the house with the red door, with no one but each other, that Viserys took it out on Daenerys for his frustrations.

4 hours ago, cough said:

It also explains why Ned cares so much about protecting Darnerys from Robert, while also remembering "the promises he'd made" exclusively when he thinks Daenerys is in danger.

My guess is that Ned cares so much about protecting Daenerys for the same reason he tried to protect Tommem, Myrcella and Joffrey, because he hates the killing of innocents, especially children. The murder of Rhaegar's children had horrified him and he wanted to prevent more deaths.

Since I believe RLJ, I think Ned remembering the promises he made while trying to convece Robert to not Kill Daenerys is related to the promises he made to Lyanna to protect her child, Jon.

2 hours ago, Odej said:

Since I believe RLJ, I think Ned remembering the promises he made while trying to convece Robert to not Kill Daenerys is related to the promises he made to Lyanna to protect her child, Jon.

RLJ is confirmed by DnD. They said George told them.

2 hours ago, Lord Lannister said:

I guess the biggest hole in this theory to me is how did baby Dayne Dany end up with Viserys and Willem Darry on Dragonstone? And more to the point why would someone bother? That wouldn't exactly be doing the child any favors. 

The reason for bothering is genetics. Illyrio somehow knew Dany could hatch dragons, so if he knew this cause of the Dayne ancestry it makes perfect sense to take Dayne Daenerys and pass her off as a Targaryen for the Aegon cause to work, though perhaps then it would have made more sense to make her believe she was a Blackfyre.

4 hours ago, Phylum of Alexandria said:

My main issue with a plot development like this is that it really risks overcrowding the narrative with disruptive reveals. We already have Aegon Mopatis-Blackfyre posing as Rhaegar's son, and Jon Snow ready to be revealed as the true lost prince...would such a reveal about Dany help the story? I like that it could help contextualize the relevance of the Dayne, and the larger Dawn Empire/Lightbringer history for the main story. But for Dany herself, I do worry about over-egging the pudding with too many gotcha moments.

Also, welcome to the forum! :) I'm somewhat new myself.

Yeah I don't see this being revealed even if it is true. I think it's more of a fun thing for people to discover. Besides the Faegon thing already shows that whether you come from one family or the other makes about as much difference as people believe it to. (Even though there's genetic dragon hatching and skinchanging)

8 minutes ago, cough said:

RLJ is confirmed by DnD. They said George told them.

I trying to avoid fights. The last trend about it was fire.

6 minutes ago, cough said:

Illyrio somehow knew Dany could hatch dragons

Why do you said that? 

2 hours ago, LynnS said:

I just can't go with Arthur and Ashera.  It bumps up against my bias that Ser Arthur is a true knight and kept his vow of celibacy.  But I don't think it's impossible that Ashera is Dany's mother and Dany is the girl she apparently 'lost'.  I think it's possible that Ashera was one of Elia's ladies in waiting and was present when Aegon was born.  I think it's also possible that it was Ashera standing in the doorway of Dany's vision of Rhaegar and Elia, when he says there must be one more.

The vow is "not to wed or father children", meaning that having sex with your sister is exactly how you avoid going against your vow cause you can't be honor bound to marry your sister afterwards.

1 minute ago, Odej said:

I trying to avoid fights. The last trend about it was fire.

Why do you said that? 

He gave her the dragon eggs. He chose her for hatching dragons over any more easily controlled dragonseeds from dragonstone.

3 hours ago, cough said:

The reason for bothering is genetics. Illyrio somehow knew Dany could hatch dragons, so if he knew this cause of the Dayne ancestry it makes perfect sense to take Dayne Daenerys and pass her off as a Targaryen for the Aegon cause to work, though perhaps then it would have made more sense to make her believe she was a Blackfyre.

I don't quite get the rationale of the dragon eggs. While it's likely the case that Daynes will end up having dragonrider stock as well, it's very unlikely that this would be well known. And even if it were known, why would the Daynes be more likely to hatch dragon eggs than Targaryens or Blackfyres? Why wouldn't Illyrio just give them to his son, Egg?

Daenerys is one of the few people who we can say with confidence is the daughter of House Targaryen.  All of her reference are evidence to prove her identity. 

Daughter of Death - her parents, brothers, husband, and son are dead.  All they had, all they are entitled to, all their rights, their thrones, their titles are now hers.

Child of Three - Rhaenys, Visenya, and Aegon were the start of the Targaryen Dynasty.  The House has a three-headed dragon for its symbol.  She is a direct descendant of the three.  She was conceived by King Aerys and Queen Rhaella, but raised by Ser Willem Darry.  She is the third living child of the king, after Rhaegar and Viserys.

Bride of Fire - She is fire.  She is also the bride of a fire.  Drogo was burned to create the fire which brought the dragons to her.  She will toss two more husbands into the fire.

Mother of Dragons - She brought three dragons back to life.  She is Azor Ahai. 

Archived