"The Children" Theory

Crona

6 minutes ago, Phylum of Alexandria said:

Well, we know that GRRM has something in mind with those lemons in Braavos. Maybe Dany's claim isn't what she thinks it is? I don't know. I guess we'll have to see how it shakes out!

winds really needs to come out soon and hopefully give us some answers:P 

7 minutes ago, Phylum of Alexandria said:

Well, we know that GRRM has something in mind with those lemons in Braavos. Maybe Dany's claim isn't what she thinks it is? I don't know. I guess we'll have to see how it shakes out!

Oh jeepers! LOL!

The use of “lemon” to mean “disappointing result” or “something unwanted” is very old, reflecting the fact that, while useful in cooking, a lemon standing alone is just a lump of sourness with a tough skin to boot.

Just now, EggBlue said:

actually...my Great Theory is that it will either come out in 2022-2023 or it won't come out at all! so I'll stop caring in 2024:D

The HBO series did me a tremendous service in showing me what narrative horrors that rushing can bring to a story like this. So, I'm okay with the wait. Just stay happy, healthy, and inspired, Mr. Martin! 

3 minutes ago, LynnS said:

The use of “lemon” to mean “disappointing result” or “something unwanted” is very old, reflecting the fact that, while useful in cooking, a lemon standing alone is just a lump of sourness with a tough skin to boot.

Hopefully that's all it is. I'm not a huge fan of Lemongate from a storytelling perspective, though I can't count it out.

2 minutes ago, Phylum of Alexandria said:

The HBO series did me a tremendous service in showing me what narrative horrors that rushing can bring to a story like this. So, I'm okay with the wait. Just stay happy, healthy, and inspired, Mr. Martin! 

I mean ...12 years should be enough... and 12 for a Dream of Spring... 

Just now, EggBlue said:

I mean ...12 years should be enough... and 12 for a Dream of Spring... 

Well, maybe I'm more sanguine because I only started the books in 2015. I haven't had to endure the wait since 2011, let alone those dedicated readers from the late 90s. I'm a sweet summer child who has yet to learn of the winter...

8 minutes ago, Phylum of Alexandria said:

Hopefully that's all it is. I'm not a huge fan of Lemongate from a storytelling perspective, though I can't count it out.

I imagine Viserys standing outside Dany's window with a sour look on his face.  He was no true dragon, he was a lemon.  :D

5 minutes ago, Phylum of Alexandria said:

Well, maybe I'm more sanguine because I only started the books in 2015. I haven't had to endure the wait since 2011, let alone those dedicated readers from the late 90s. I'm a sweet summer child who has yet to learn of the winter...

I'm a summer fan myself!!! but I guess not legendarily loyal! how people could wait for 2 decades and still actively engage in forum discussions ,I'll never know! I mean , I will read the books whenever they come but sure as hell I won't care before they get published, after 2023! that's my goal..

5 minutes ago, EggBlue said:

I'm a summer fan myself!!! but I guess not legendarily loyal! how people could wait for 2 decades and still actively engage in forum discussions ,I'll never know! I mean , I will read the books whenever they come but sure as hell I won't care before they get published, after 2023! that's my goal..

Makes sense to me! It's good to have other things to fall back on. I'm in the middle of the Dune series, and have been reading some of GRRM's other works as well.

You know, for all the sass GRRM gets for his bad sex scenes, I think Frank Herbert takes the prize for this line: 

"There was an adult beefswelling in his loins."  --Children of Dune  :lol:

Archived