R.I.P. Thread 2: A Celebration Of Lives Well Lived

2 hours ago, dbunting said:

Howard Hessman passed. My first introduction into what a dj was, him and Venus.

WKRP in Cincinatti was one of those shows I watched as a kid , as it was in syndication back in the day, and I still remember bits and pieces of it even now. That said, I think I best know Hessman from Head of the Class:

13 hours ago, Ran said:

WKRP in Cincinatti was one of those shows I watched as a kid , as it was in syndication back in the day, and I still remember bits and pieces of it even now. That said, I think I best know Hessman from Head of the Class:

Yeah I forgot about Head of the Class.

Norma Waterson has died. This isn't the right internet forum for this post really, but she was awesome, so I'm mentioning it here anyway. 

Her parents died young. She lived with her half-Gypsy grandmother in Hull and helped raise her younger brother and sister. Formed a folk band with them, went to the West Indies, came back, sang much and recorded some of it, and nearly won the Mercury Prize. And she had a voice like smoke and the end of autumn, and I won't hear its like again. :(

The Moving On Song

Edited by dog-days

• 2 weeks later...

RIP Ivan Reitmann

Ghostbusters and Animal House are classics.

I prefer to remember him for those instead of those godawful attempts of comedies starring Arnold Schwarzenegger. 

Sorry Drawk but Junior and Kindergarten Cop in particular are really bad and unfunny movies imho. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Tim Considine, who played Spin on The Adventures of Spin and Marty and Mike on My Three Sons has died at age 81. He's probably now too obscure for most younger people to know, but he was a big part of the childhood of myself and many other American baby boomers.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/tim-considine-my-three-sons-spin-marty-1235104594/

Very sad news today. William Hurt was the kind of performer who the camera was drawn to, not just because of his leading man good looks but there was something about his presence in a scene that commanded attention. He gave the world many fine performances; to name just a few: Kiss of the Spider WomanBroadcast NewsThe Accidental TouristA History of ViolenceThe Big Chill.

He'll be missed.

27 minutes ago, 3CityApache said:

Very sad news indeed. What really surprised me is that it was supposedly on natural causes. At 71? A bit weird. 

Cancer's a bitch.

RIP.

6 hours ago, Ramsay B. said:

Scott Hall has passed on. RIP to a wrestling legend.

Another victim of the rampant steroid abuse in wrestling, especially in the early part of his era (mid-80s) when he was partnered with Curt Hennig in the AWA. Looking at those old photos, he was just massive, and actually shed some of that musculature in the 90s when he was going by Razor Ramon (the era I mainly know him from).

He brought a lot of wrestling fans joy over the years, even if it was just to scream and hiss at him when he was a heel. Rest in peace.