R.I.P. Thread 2: A Celebration Of Lives Well Lived

Here's this great interview Taylor gave last year to Kerrang-

https://www.kerrang.com/taylor-hawkins-i-used-to-do-a-lot-of-fucking-drugs-i-believed-the-bullshit-myth-of-live-fast-and-die-young

He covers a lot of his career trajectory, his collaborations, his creative process, all the innuendo you wonder about with great artists.

He gives props to Rush and sounds like the kind of guy you'd love to here Rock and Roll stories from for hours.

Gone too soon and as Ozzy said "See you on the other side."

Sad news. Strangely, a couple of days ago I was watching Dave Grohl's eulogy for Lemmy for some reason or other, and how tough it was for him.

50 is way, way too young. 

In memoriam, from the 2022 Oscars wikipedia page. It's kind of shocking seeing the all together. It's been a bad year.

The following persons were mentioned in the In Memoriam segment, which pays tribute to people in the film industry who died in the preceding year. Notably absent were Bob Saget, Ed Asner, Norm Macdonald, Gaspard Ulliel, Louie Anderson, and Meat Loaf.[83]

• 2 weeks later...

What a hilarious comedian, and such a character. 

I think I've posted this before, it comes from a podcast called Screen Drafts about films. When they hit a certain number of patrons, they spent money on a Cameo to get Gottfried to do two of Iago's lines from Othello... but then he went above and beyond:

• 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, Morpheus said:

They include the musical segment from Mad Men following Cooper's death, which was a wonderful nod to Moore's Broadway career and simply a memorable way to say goodbye to him and his character (though, IIRC, Don imagines a conversation with him in a later episode):

Bit of a niche celebrity death, however.

Yuri Lvovich Averbakh has died at the tender age of 100.

He was one of the leading Grandmasters in the 1950s and 1960s. He has a few opening variation named after him. Notably in the King's Indian and the Ben Oni. Esp. the Averbakh variation of the Ben Oni is not that much fun to play as black. Last year he survived a covid infection at the age of 99.