R.I.P. Thread 2: A Celebration Of Lives Well Lived

3 hours ago, Leofric said:

You may have forgotten a little of it as it was Julieanne Moore playing Clarice in that scene, not Jodie.

Loved Ray in all his movies, a great actor and his laugh was truly unique.

Ah thanks, it's been years, but it was Ray clearly enjoying his unwitting cannibal moment, eating slices of his own brain wasn't it? That was the craziest part one cannot unsee.

On 5/27/2022 at 11:46 AM, DireWolfSpirit said:

Ah thanks, it's been years, but it was Ray clearly enjoying his unwitting cannibal moment, eating slices of his own brain wasn't it? That was the craziest part one cannot unsee.

Yes, Ray ate his own brain.

• 2 weeks later...

I first remember seeing him in Hard Eight, though of course he'd already worked for years in Hollywood (including Midnight Run). But PTA's directorial debut seemed to be the start of something of a Renaissance for Hall. Lots of small roles, sure, but in memorable films: The RockAir Force OneBoogie NightsRush HourThe InsiderMagnolia, The Talented Mr. Ripley... 

Here's a scene where he's largely silent, but there's a gravity and weight to just his eyes that's remarkable.. especially when contrasted with the bravado and energy of the late, great Phillip Seymour Hoffman on the opposite side of the craps table:

3 minutes ago, JGP said:

Tim Sale has passed.

Dude, you were a stylistic fucking legend, and your composition work left me in awe.

Rest in peace, yo. 

I was coming to say the same.   Well, maybe without the "yo."

Edited by hauberk
wryly expanded thought

Only 66. Way too young. A great artist. Batman: The Long Halloween, issues of Matt Wagner's GrendelSuperman: For All Seasons, the inaugural issue of Solo (particularly amazing as he plays around with style in different stories from top writers), and just a lot more. 

• 3 weeks later...

I still can't believe I have yet to see Thief. Going to go find it and queue it up as my next watch.

RIP, Jimmy. Lots of great scenes over the years featuring him, but this mention of him in The Sopranos always made me laugh when you consider Silvio's reaction:

1 hour ago, Ran said:

I still can't believe I have yet to see Thief. Going to go find it and queue it up as my next watch.

Do yourself a huge favor and remember to do that. 

RIP sir =( 

1 hour ago, Ran said:

Just watched it a few weeks ago. If you like Heat or any Michael Mann movie, you should like it.

Edit: It's streaming for free in the US on Tubi.

Edited by WarGalley