R.I.P. Thread 2: A Celebration Of Lives Well Lived

3 hours ago, Mark Antony said:

Obviously iconic as Sonny. But just watched Thief last year and what a powerhouse performance that was

Sonny Corleone notwithstanding, Rollerball is always going to be the first movie I associate James Caan. And what a movie.

RIP

4 hours ago, JGP said:

I'll miss his stiff neck. God damn. 

RIP, Caan. 

And his dedication to tiny trapezius muscles. 

55 minutes ago, GallowKnight said:

Sonny Corleone notwithstanding, Rollerball is always going to be the first movie I associate James Caan. And what a movie.

RIP

'Loved him in The Way of the Gun. The only admirable character in the film.

For my household it's two extemes of Caan. Sonny and Buddy the Elf's dad. For my wife he will always be Sonny, and for my daughter he is Buddy's dad. Although both characters were ruthless business men

4 minutes ago, WarGalley said:

Alright gonna go watch Pine Barrens.

So many classic episodes with Paulie. Obviously Pine Barrens, but also From Where to Eternity when he goes to the psychic, the stuff with Feech, etc. Him and Uncle Junior were always my favorite supporting characters. 

• 2 weeks later...

David Warner's died. :crying: I loved his voice. Was lucky enough to see him act live on stage a couple of times around fifteen years ago after he began his live theatre comeback. 

Guardian obit.

Never met him, but was always left with a positive impression from what I heard. He joined the protests against the Iraq War

Edited by dog-days

49 minutes ago, dog-days said:

David Warner's died. :crying: I loved his voice. Was lucky enough to see him act live on stage a couple of times around fifteen years ago after he began his live theatre comeback. 

Guardian obit.

Never met him, but was always left with a positive impression from what I heard. He joined the protests against the Iraq War

For a moment I thought it was the Oz cricketer! You gave me quite a shock. 

But that doesn't mean I'm relieved that it was someone else whom I may have come to know of just now, but seems nice enough that I wished I had earlier. 

Edited by TheLastWolf