R.I.P. Thread 2: A Celebration Of Lives Well Lived

RIP Austin Stoker -- died on the 7th but I think news only got around just now. May not be well-remembered, but he had one great role and that was enough: Lieutenant  Bishop in John Carpenter's Assault on Precinct 13 (accept no substitutes!) Here's a cool video about the film featuring him talking about it:

• 2 weeks later...

Leslie Jordan has died, at what seems to me the way too young age of 67.  I guess most people would know him best for his role in "Will and Grace".  Among gay men my age he may be almost as well known for his role as "Brother Boy" in the 2000 film "Sordid Lives", which has become one of the most beloved gay comedies. I personally remember him best playing a character in "Southern Baptist Sissies", a DVD of a filmed stage play which I think is one of the best presentations of what life was like just a few years ago for young gay men in fundamentalist Protestant churches.  This makes me very sad.

Leslie Jordan, versatile Emmy-winning actor, dies at 67 (omaha.com)

1 hour ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

I'm reading the "personal life" section of his wikipedia page. Holy crap this guy had some stuff going on. 

That's true of a lot of stars in that era. Jackson, Elvis and Bowie immediately come to mind. 

30 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

That's true of a lot of stars in that era. Jackson, Elvis and Bowie immediately come to mind. 

"That era" feels like it's doing a whole lot of work given those four examples.  Elvis and Lewis feel like they are one era removed from Jackson and Bowie.

6 minutes ago, hauberk said:

"That era" feels like it's doing a whole lot of work given those four examples.  Elvis and Lewis feel like they are one era removed from Jackson and Bowie.

LOL, at least!  Elvis was world famous before Jackson was even born.

12 minutes ago, hauberk said:

Just saying in the 50's, 60's, 70's and 80's people didn't care much what male stars did. Doesn't take a lot of work to draw up a huge list of stars from that period we'd jail today.

29 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Just saying in the 50's, 60's, 70's and 80's people didn't care much what male stars did. Doesn't take a lot of work to draw up a huge list of stars from that period we'd jail today.

I got what you were going for, but that's more like an epoch than an era.