R.I.P. Thread 2: A Celebration Of Lives Well Lived

13 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Just saying in the 50's, 60's, 70's and 80's people didn't care much what male stars did. Doesn't take a lot of work to draw up a huge list of stars from that period we'd jail today.

This was also an era that had much more relaxed attitudes toward drinking and driving, child seats, spousal abuse, etc. Health and well being in general. frankly, it's amazing some of the guys lived as long as they did. 

That recipe clearly needs more lard. 

AA? 12 step program? What are you some kind of pussy or something?

Amphetamines? Yeah, they're good for you; like vitamins. Wash them down with a nice bourbon? Fine. It's fine. 

They're what? Taking lead out of gasoline? 

One of the guys in Dylan's band sent us the tribute to Jerry Lee Lewis  Dylan did in Nottingham  last night; Dylan never does this.

He made it sound like a late Dylan song.  He did it solo, which is how our friend then was able to record video of it on via fone.

By the way, no fones were supposedly allowed into the theater, but there is a Youtube of it too, so somebody got.

I still cannot quite get over this 'recent' development that people I know and care about can show me their real life experience while it is HAPPENING.  These fones . . . .

I never cared for his music, but Aaron Cater was only a half year older than me and his death is shocking. I did watch a few episodes of some reality TV show he was featured in on MTV back when MTV was a thing. A former football and basketball teammate who I've been arguing with over the Kanye and Kyrie situation is a professional photographer and is putting out a bunch of stuff from a concert two weeks ago that Carter did. He said he treated every staff member with class, was a funny guy preshow and had no idea there were any health concerns.

Life is short and can disappear in the blink of an eye. Be good to one another. We never know when our time is done.

10 hours ago, HokieStone said:

our watermelons are now safe.  Gallagher has passed away at the age of 76. 

I don't really have much of an idea how old I was, or have much memory of it at all other than the watermelons and plastic sheeting for the audience, but I know my mom took my brother and me to a Gallagher show when I was a kid.  And at least my memory of that memory is that it was one of the fondest of my childhood.  Kinda wondering if it was age appropriate.  Especially cuz my mom (though not my dad) was pretty strict about that stuff for a little while.  Recall she got the cable company to discontinue MTV from our household for a few years - and was very pissed when my dad let us get Biggie's Ready to Die when I was 9.

On 11/11/2022 at 11:24 AM, Ran said:

Too young. RIP.

He's followed in the footsteps of his other classmates from Juilliard, Christopher Reeve and Robin Williams. 

Burn very bright, enough to light the whole world, but extinguished far too early.

R.I.P. Kevin Conroy 

For someone who played a character known for being dark, you sure brought much light into my life.

8 hours ago, Rhom said:

Why would you do that to yourself???

It happens to be the only Arkham game I haven't played yet... and I haven't read that much negativity about it, just that they went overboard with the Batmobile missions.

2 minutes ago, Toth said:

It happens to be the only Arkham game I haven't played yet... and I haven't read that much negativity about it, just that they went overboard with the Batmobile missions.

It definitely did that.  Just became overly long.  I enjoyed the first three (including Origins) much more.  But the parts outside the Batmobile were still solid Batman gaming.