R.I.P. Thread 2: A Celebration Of Lives Well Lived

Clarence Gilyard Jr. has passed away.

His biggest on screen role was probably Theo in the first Die Hard movie. I mainly remember him for his role on Matlock (childhood memories). His other notable role was as Norris sidekick on Walker Texas Ranger.

3 hours ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Clarence Gilyard Jr. has passed away.

His biggest on screen role was probably Theo in the first Die Hard movie. I mainly remember him for his role on Matlock (childhood memories). His other notable role was as Norris sidekick on Walker Texas Ranger.

I vaguely remember him in Walker Texas Ranger and yes I remember him from Die Hard. RIP

4 hours ago, JGP said:

Is no one going to do it... 

Christine McVie of Fleetwood Mac has passed.

This fucking sucks. She never really got the credit she deserved as a musician and songwriter. I don’t care what anyone says, Tango in the Night is a hell of an album, and Christine’s songs are the highlight 

The tributes I've seen for Grant Wahl over the last few days have been every bit as touching as they are heartbreaking. He really comes off as being one of the nicest people to have ever worked in sports journalism. Just one example, when he was let go during the mass layoffs at Sports Illustrated, in part for demanding there shouldn't be pay cuts for the staff, instead of using his contacts to secure a new job for himself he used them to get lesser known journalists ones. The world is a bleaker place without him. 49 is way too young for someone to pass. 

Edited by Tywin et al.

Stephen "tWitch" Boss, a popular dancer who became famous on So You Think You Can Dance and then as a sidekick of sorts to Ellen DeGeneres has passed away, at age 40. He apparently commited suicide, checking into a motel the day before his body was found, his wife Allison Holker (who met him on SYTYCD) having reported him missing. So far everyone says they had no clues at all that he was feeling so badly...

Really a great shame, he was a terrific talent, and seemed so kind and genuine. You never know what demons someone is wrestling with...

RIP, man. One of my favorite routines of his from the show:

And this beautiful moment, when he used a commercial shoot they were doing together to propose to Allison:

Edited by Ran

• 2 weeks later...