R.I.P. Thread 2: A Celebration Of Lives Well Lived

Dick Fosbury has died.

THe guy revolutionized high jump, and was partly responsible for my one f in my final year in highschool.

(silly rule/law, back then I had to pick one single sport, which ended up as track and field in my final "semester" at highschool. I showed up on 50+1% time, so that I didn't end up with 0 points, but didn't otherwise give damn/loathed it. It was irrelevant for my GPA, as I had my sports stuff covered with footy).

Edited by A Horse Named Stranger

His CV was epic. Not just The Wire, but two HBO shows before that (Oz and The Corner), then as one of the leads in the underrated Fringe, a memorable four-episode turn on Lost, a great lead on Bosch and Corporate, and his role on the John Wick movies (as well as Chapter 4, he also completed filming on spin-off film Ballerina a couple of months ago, so we'll see him again). He was also the main antagonist in Season 2 of Legend of Vox Machina (unclear if he'd filmed anything for Season 3 yet).

He also had great roles in video games, playing a major role in all the Destiny games, Sylens on the two Horizon games which must up there as one of the best video game performances of all time, (and he completed work on the Forbidden West expansion, Burning Shore, which is out next month) and a great role on the underrated and intriguing TV show/video game hybrid Quantum Break (alongside fellow Wire veteran Aidan Gillen).

Edited by Werthead

1 hour ago, Ran said:

Oh, man. Lance Reddick has died at the age of 60, per TMZ. Found dead at his home, police say it looks natural. Way too young. A great presence in whatever he appeared in, whether it's The WireJohn WickBosch...

Oh no. I know him from The Wire and Fringe. Thought he looked like the kind of person who could go on acting into his nineties.

I didn't realise he had a musical side as well – was in fact educated primarily as a musician. There are videos of him playing his compositions online. 

1 hour ago, Ran said:

Oh, man. Lance Reddick has died at the age of 60, per TMZ. Found dead at his home, police say it looks natural. Way too young. A great presence in whatever he appeared in, whether it's The WireJohn WickBosch...

Nooo! So sad. I first saw him in Fringe and loved his performance and character.

12 minutes ago, Werthead said:

Sylens on the two Horizon games which must up there as one of the best video game performances of all time

I was just thinking that he could have easily reprised his role in the live-action adaptation. So sad.

I need to watch Corporate now. I believe it's on Paramount+ in the UK.

That mention of 

Spoiler

Gilmore Girls

came out of freaking nowhere.

1 hour ago, Corvinus85 said:

I was just thinking that he could have easily reprised his role in the live-action adaptation. So sad.

Damn, that would have been outstanding, especially as Ashly Burch probably won't be reprising Aloy (being twice her age).