R.I.P. Thread 2: A Celebration Of Lives Well Lived

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I always have to laugh that Belafonte became a legend in Minnesota because of Beetlejuice. Just about everyone loves him here because of this scene:

What a talent. 

Edited by Tywin et al.

He left this life surrounded in his home by people of all ages who all loved him -- for so many good reasons.

We have had the privilege of interacting with him occasionally throughout the 90's and early 00's.  He was still an activist, particularly locally, particularly around matters Afo-Latin -- and Cuba.  One night in particular has stayed fizzing in my memory, a night when I was at the same dinner table with Belafonte and Baryshnikov at a fund raiser for a dance company.  Those were good days.

Yeah, Gordon Lightfoot could write songs.  Half assed proposed going to see him play in Florida around January or so to a friend of mine.  Wish we did.  Talented.

• 2 weeks later...

RIP Doyle Brunson, aka Texas Dolly. He was the godfather of poker and became a celebrity because of it. I got into hold em after seeing the WSOP main event on ESPN as many others did and learned of the legends in the years after. I did read some of Super system and it helped me in the beginning. Always had a smile on his face and took bad beats with grace.

What the fuck? Terrible news. Not only was he great as Pullo, but his turn on Dexter as Isaak Sirko, was surprisingly good given the way the show had been going writing-wise by that time. RIP, Ray.

People overuse the saying someone died too young, but 58 is too young. This one hurts. Thank you for all the memories, Ray. 

Like a lot of others I thought he would have been a perfect casting for Victarion if he was used in the series. 

No words. The world is just unfair... Really loved him in everything I saw of him. First and foremost of course in Rome, but also in King Arthur and The Three Musketeers and really wished to see him in GoT back then. And yes, full agreement with Tywin, he would have been Victarion.

17 minutes ago, Toth said:

No words. The world is just unfair... Really loved him in everything I saw of him. First and foremost of course in Rome, but also in King Arthur and The Three Musketeers and really wished to see him in GoT back then. And yes, full agreement with Tywin, he would have been Victarion.

Probably could have landed a role in either the following seasons of House of the Dragon or in A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms

I also liked him a lot in Black Sails.