What is the asoiaf-fanbase called?

Falcon2909

4 minutes ago, Jaenara Belarys said:

Jar Jar was exiled after he broke the bosses' heyblibber again, and went to live in the swamps. Why would Palpatine go to the swamps? Why would he look for Jar Jar? Why would Jar Jar help Qui Gon if he's a Sith?

But for real now, I kid you not: George Lucas actually intended him to be a Sith Lord, mainly before Attack of the Clones' storyline was settled for once and for all. However, the idea was abandoned, thank the gods, both new and old. My comment was just a joke, from the meme when Anakin says "Master Windu, I think Chancellor Palpatine is a Sith lord." I know like 200 lines form the prequels that are often used in memes. 

Just now, Daeron the Daring said:

But for real now, I kid you not: George Lucas actually intended him to be a Sith Lord, mainly before Attack of the Clones' storyline was settled for once and for all. However, the idea was abandoned, thank the gods, both new and old. My comment was just a joke, from the meme when Anakin says "Mater Windu, I think Chancellor Palpatine is a Sith lord."

This is known. 

6 minutes ago, Jaenara Belarys said:

This is known. 

Honestly, I can't imagine how George Lucas would've executed it all, but the fact that Jar Jar Bings should've given away a hint at some point in E1 that he is a sith lord is just funny to me.

Fun fact: There's actually an episode in SW: The Clone Wars (an animated SW series, pretty good one), where he saves the day in a situation where some separatist kingpins tought he is a Jedi (they captured Padme, who he accompanied), only because he accidentally acted as such. It was one of those funny episodes. 

The whole thing was made to honour the tought that Jar Jar could've been a Sith. 

• 1 month later...

Returning to the actual question about a potential name for the ASOIAF fandom (instead of discussing Jar Jar Binks for two pages):

Hmm... Maybe Throners or Thronies?

Throne Players? Throne Gamers?

Fans of Ice and Fire?

...Yeah, "Fans of Ice and Fire" is possibly the best plural name for the fans.

• 3 months later...
On 6/3/2022 at 1:02 AM, manchester_babe said:

I've heard us of us being called Unsullied? But that's about it. 

It is derogatory term for show-only fans used by book fans, 97% certain since it's been a while since those particular discussions.

We should be called something awesome like dragons (it's gender neutral ;)). Fans of Ice and Fire would be logical if not lame.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/9/2022 at 1:43 PM, Equilibrium said:

It is derogatory term for show-only fans used by book fans, 97% certain since it's been a while since those particular discussions.

We should be called something awesome like dragons (it's gender neutral ;)). Fans of Ice and Fire would be logical if not lame.

i had no idea that's what show!fans are called. 

crows maybe?

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/8/2022 at 12:23 AM, AlaskanSandman said:

I feel like that's a play on 'Bronies' and not meant in a complimentary way.

On 7/1/2022 at 3:33 PM, Takiedevushkikakzvezdy said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Song_of_Ice_and_Fire_fandom

According to Wikipedia, we're called "A Song of Ice and Fire fandom".

I think we can shorten that to just 'A Song of Ice and Fire fans'.

Archived