Will resurrected Jon be able to get an erection?

Odej

23 hours ago, Nathan Stark said:

I don't have a theory, I have an educated guess. We don't know the extent of Jon's wounds, so its a real possibility that Jon lost conciousness without dying. And there's George R. R. Martin's comment; "you think Jon's dead, do you?" That makes me think he isn't dead.

Feebleminded humans can be warged.  By Jon's final chapter, it is unclear how much Jon's warging abilities have progressed, since the text has not commented on it for some time.

In Jon's last chapter, Cregan Karstark has become feebleminded.

Mel tells Jon to come to her when he realizes her prophesies are real.  Jon, after receiving the Pink Letter, realizes Mel's prophesies are real.  It follows that the "knives" are something he must guard against.

But he does not go to Mel as she instructed.  Or does he?  There is a conspicuous gap in the final chapter, where he makes unspecified plans.  

During this gap, Jon warged the feebleminded Karstark, and Mel glamored him.  Thus was the vision fulfilled, while Jon remained alive.  When Karstark was killed, Jon returned to his body, hiding somewhere cold.  Note that Ghost was left indoors, and would not be cold.

On 1/8/2022 at 5:30 PM, Odej said:

So, it's fair to think that if Melisandre ressurrect Jon by R'hllor's power just like Thoros of Myr did to Beric, Jon will be in the same condition. He will be a wight animated by fire with no blood flowing through his veins. So how can he get a erection and have sex with Dany, Sansa, Val or anybody? Will be this the doom of Jonerys? :unsure:

Jon is not getting resurrected.  He will come back after the Others wightify him.  I would not rule out JonArya.  Arya will die and there is a good chance that she might also get turned to wight by the Others.  Jon's love for Arya, and Arya's for him, will continue in wight format.  Don't expect little wights from this joining but reproduction is not the only reason to do it. 

On 1/8/2022 at 5:18 PM, LynnS said:

I don't know.  When you're dead the blood pools in your extremities and they tend to fall off.  Or you go blind.  It's one of the two.

Not for penises. Not really.

A penis is has more in common with noses and ears than it does with fingers or toes. It's too malleable. Not reason why it should fall off.

If you want to talk about actual biology (or necrology), dead male corpses are known for not only sprouting erections but also leaking fluid from the prostate.

So yeah.

On 1/8/2022 at 5:18 PM, LynnS said:

See Coldhands...

I don't know what exactly Coldhands is but he's probably an ice wight.

Big difference between ice wights and fire wights. Fire wights are decidedly more human than the ice wights. The wounds that fire wights receive in life (and un-life) stick around but other than that, there's no reason to assume that there is no blood flow. Fire wights can shed blood and be killed again...

so there's a chance that it can still work.

On 1/8/2022 at 7:05 PM, Apoplexy said:

Why do you say its bad writing if Jon was just injured? Getting life threatening wounds, but surviving them seems just like a cliffhanger put in for dramatic effect and to keep the readers hooked.

Agreed.

The same thing happened to Arya in Storm and for Bran and Daenerys in Game

On 1/9/2022 at 5:40 PM, Mister Smikes said:

During this gap, Jon warged the feebleminded Karstark, and Mel glamored him.  Thus was the vision fulfilled, while Jon remained alive.  When Karstark was killed, Jon returned to his body, hiding somewhere cold.  Note that Ghost was left indoors, and would not be cold.

Now that makes for an interesting theory and would be wild if it turns out to be true.....

8 hours ago, Aejohn the Conqueroo said:

For what it's worth if the blood pools and hardens in his member like in Cold Hands' hands Dany might get more than she bargained for. No kid though, but she's barren now anyway isn't she?

Magic.

Everyone seems to be discounting the fact that both Dany and Jon are magical beings, even without magical-resurrection-semen.

Seriously though: any child they would produce would be more of a god-king than even Bran.

Archived