Round 2 Clues for guessing - Acrophilia game 1 for 2022

Castellan

I would like to host a game of acrophilia so I'm hoping a lot of you want to play it.  I'm not sure of the minimum number of players for a viable game - 6??? I'm planning a 4 round game. Please sign up by PM to me headed with your username and Acrophilia #1 2022

***Signed up***

JuliaH

Fragile Bird

Lilac & Gooseberries

Howlin' Howland

A Free Shadow

For those who have not played before instructions are below.

How it works

1. Make clues

In each round, players will receive a PM from me, the host, assigning them a character.

Your job is to compose a clue describing/indicating/referring to that character, using the set or sets of letters I will post in thread. For example with the set of letters RBOPD and the character Missandei someone once made “ Royal bedwarmer. Outstanding polyglot. ‘Daughter’. “

This part is like acrophobia, except you each have your individual, secret, character.

Send your clue to me by PM ***DO NOT POST IN THREAD***

I will have a role in deciding whether a clue is acceptable – e.g. it shouldn’t be something that can apply equally well to more than one character.

2. Guess characters and theme answers to clues

When I have all the clues, I will post them together in thread – your job is to try to work out all the characters from the clues and send answers to me by PM ****DO NOT POST IN THREAD AND DO NOT DISCUSS POSSIBLE CLUE ANSWERS IN THREAD****

There will also be a theme that ties the characters together that you will try to guess and send to me with your character answers.

If you come up with the correct theme, it can help you eliminate incorrect character answers, and vice versa. It’s a to and fro process.

The good news is that some sort of feedback is usually given about whether you are on the right track. You can send the host your preliminary answers and get some feedback such as the number of clues correct and whether the theme is correct.

3. Vote for your favourite clue of the round (excluding your own!)

After I have received all your answers I will post them in thread so that you can vote for your favourite.

4. Receive your scores for the round

2 points for each correct character, 4 for the theme, 1 each for any favourite clue points.

@Julia H. @Dolorous Gabe @a free shadow @Ser Not Appearing @Howlin' Howland @Lilac & Gooseberries @Fragile Bird @Jez Bell @AssHat Ahai @RhaenysBee

12 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Aw thank you for thinking of me!
I have never played acrophilia before, need to look through the opening post before I commit :eek: 

It's a lot of fun! Above are links to some of the previous games and to our theme registry (probably not complete) for you and for @Lilac & Gooseberries so you can see what this game is about. In the registry, you can find links to more games.

10 hours ago, Dolorous Gabe said:

@rocksniffer @She who must be Obeyed @Turinqui-Calima @yomi @northernwarg @Lady Blizzardborn @Night'sQueen

Warm salutations to any of the above who sees this. Do please consider playing this new Acrophilia hosted by Castellan.

Thanks gabe

On 1/11/2022 at 3:20 AM, Castellan said:

Yes, it is I, rocksnffer!

We must have such a good rapport between us that I knew to revisit here just as you were seeking my company!

And this is just the fortunate moment, as only mere hours later I am off to endevour an evening of my favorite Greek operas.

Pardon the unpolished language, I am slightly under the weather, having dared a second mimosa today (just so excitied about the Greek operas, I am!).

7 hours ago, rocksnffer said:

Yes, it is I, rocksnffer!

We must have such a good rapport between us that I knew to revisit here just as you were seeking my company!

And this is just the fortunate moment, as only mere hours later I am off to endevour an evening of my favorite Greek operas.

Pardon the unpolished language, I am slightly under the weather, having dared a second mimosa today (just so excitied about the Greek operas, I am!).

Uh-oh. Someone has hacked sniffer’s account. 

Greek opera? Come on!

5 hours ago, a free shadow said:

I would like to sign up, as long the existance of the game does not depend on me playing :ninja:

I have signed you up on the list, so now you are playing and will play properly!!!!! or improperly.

Hmmm I seem to remember @Count Balerion was an amusing acrophobia player. Maybe he should try his hand at the mind twisting ACROPHILIA. We need some new blood, Count!

Game involves both writing descriptions of characters as in acrophobia and also guessing who those description refer to. It is quite addictive.

3 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Oh I’m sorry, I never got back to you guys about the game. I’m sorry, but I won’t be able to do this game. If you will have me however, I’d be happy to give it a go next time. Thank you so much for tagging me again though. 

No need to be sorry! I understood you were not up for playing. Good to hear you may be interested another time, we need new blood!

Archived