UK Politics: Testing, testing, one two free

polishgenius

Come on, Rees-Smug has long demonstrated that he has no respect for any of us plebs. Today he was saying that the lockdown rules in Spring last year were "too tough" -  the subtext being we were all fools for following the rules, rather than them being entitled scumbags for breaking them.

Edit: I see he has just failed to correctly name the leader of the Welsh Tories as well. (Admittedly I couldn't either, but then I am not a Tory politician.)

My mind boggles at working class people who look at that cunt, and, after listening to the words that come out of his mouth, decide that, yeah, these are the people who have my best interests in mind. Those people are idiots. 

Well, colour me shocked. https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1481678636096892929

So not investigating crimes that have already happened, and now we can add, only investigating crimes that have been confiremd by private, internal investigation.

If the cops ever call around to my place of work, I'll just tell them they'll have to wait until I've finished investigating myself

So James Slack has now apologised:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/jan/14/pms-ex-press-official-james-slack-apologises-for-downing-street-party-held-in-his-honour

Slack, who was appointed deputy editor-in-chief of the Sun newspaper last year, said: “I wish to apologise unreservedly for the anger and hurt caused. This event should not have happened at the time that it did. I am deeply sorry, and take full responsibility.”

Interestingly, the Sun today are running on how Johnson has to 'end the booze culture' at No 10 (and also end the mask mandate, clear out the 'metropolitan elites', and so on).

Not a word here about the fact that Slack knew about this party (as it was his leaving do) but that the Sun have said nothing about it for nine months. Either he never told anyone at his own paper about this major story or if he did, they covered it up. Whichever it is, surely readers of the Sun are entitled to know what happened? Talk about 'metropolitan elites' - your own senior staff have been keeping information from the public in order to avoid embarrassing their friends at Number 10. Shameful.

Archived