Cricket 43: So long, and thanks for all the Finch

IheartIheartTesla

Having an absolute GAS watching this Minor League Cricket final between international cricket powerhouses Atlanta and Seattle. It is giving me such intense early-MLS vibes and I love that there's someone just casually winging free hats into the small crowd that has gathered around the pitch for the match. 

On 8/28/2022 at 12:14 PM, Raja said:

Would love to see a really competitive 3rd test between england & SA as opposed to the first two tests that we've had

Agreed. With both teams much preferring bowling over batting, there is a distinct advantage in fielding first and immediately putting the other side under pressure. 

Jonny Bairstow is going to miss the final Test and probably the T20 World Cup after what is described as a 'golfing accident'. It's definitely a loss for England given his form for most of the summer. In the Test side Ben Duckett is his replacement, who does have big shoes to fill.

2 minutes ago, williamjm said:

Jonny Bairstow is going to miss the final Test and probably the T20 World Cup after what is described as a 'golfing accident'. It's definitely a loss for England given his form for most of the summer. In the Test side Ben Duckett is his replacement, who does have big shoes to fill.

Massive loss for England. Bairstow's been pretty comfortably their best player this year. You'd imagine it'll be Harry Brook who actually comes into the team rather than Duckett.

It sounds like hell of a golfing accident by the way. Apparently he's probably broken his leg and is likely to require surgery. I think he's playing golf in a very different way than I do.

On 9/2/2022 at 6:56 PM, ljkeane said:

It sounds like hell of a golfing accident by the way. Apparently he's probably broken his leg and is likely to require surgery. I think he's playing golf in a very different way than I do.

Sounds like maybe he tried to fight with a swan on the fairway. that's always a losing battle.

1 minute ago, Xray the Enforcer said:

Sounds like maybe he tried to fight with a swan on the fairway. that's always a losing battle.

hahahahaha @Mr. X and I were just talking about this and he said "Bairstow doesn't strike me as the kind of person who would pick a fight with a swan." And then he and I both said simultaneously "David Warner on the other hand..." :rofl:

3 hours ago, Xray the Enforcer said:

hahahahaha @Mr. X and I were just talking about this and he said "Bairstow doesn't strike me as the kind of person who would pick a fight with a swan." And then he and I both said simultaneously "David Warner on the other hand..." :rofl:

I’ve heard that swans can break a person’s arm, but never a leg before now

7 hours ago, TheLastWolf said:

King Kohli century after 1021 days. 

I don't think he will truly have the monkey off his back until he hits a test ton. 

His test average is now below 50. Still in the top 50 of all time, but falling down the list with every passing year. 

Steve Smith remains in the top 10 for now (though also falling), while Marnus has dropped down to a still-impressive 20th spot. 

10 hours ago, Paxter said:

I don't think he will truly have the monkey off his back until he hits a test ton. 

Sadly BCCI and its cash cow of T20s make it harder to see India in tests than we could five years ago. It's always a last priority if schedule conflicted. Hopefully the WTC thing boosts it up.

Finch retires, what was the thread/topic title again. Seems Pax the jinx rubbed off. Predictive posters. Liz truss memes before Queen's demise, commie jokes before Gorbachev, won't be too long before we are branded Illuminati by the conspi-racy tearists. 

Archived