Cricket 43: So long, and thanks for all the Finch

IheartIheartTesla

Fucking insane Pakistan, as usual. We were resigned to being kicked out and lo! We somehow got to the semis and are now in the final? Seriously WTF lol.

Too bad India's out, or it would've been another heart-stopping (literally for some!) final. Oh well. Some Pakis are obsessively drawing comparisons to the 1992 final where we somehow snuck in against all odds and then won the damned thing against England. I wouldn't get my hopes up though - England was on fire today.  

I bet Morgan enjoyed commentating one of Hales' best ever knocks for England...

Another ICC tournament knockout for India, who are doing their best job of imitating South Africa in recent years.

England's tournament to lose now. Unfortunately lousy weather forecast in Melbs for the final. 

18 hours ago, Paxter said:

I bet Morgan enjoyed commentating one of Hales' best ever knocks for England...

Another ICC tournament knockout for India, who are doing their best job of imitating South Africa in recent years.

England's tournament to lose now. Unfortunately lousy weather forecast in Melbs for the final. 

Yeah, England defo the favourites. Didn't know about the shit weather - hope it clears up! 

5 hours ago, ljkeane said:

So it seems like there's a decent possibility even with the reserve day on Monday that they might not be able to get 10 overs a side played in Melbourne with all the rain forecast. In that case apparently they'd have to declare the sides joint winners.

Now that would be pathetic. The ICC should step in and figure this out.

The worst part is that there is a roofed stadium just down the road in Docklands (but with less capacity and no pitch). 

Really good from Rashid in particular. He’s been a fantastic limited overs bowler for England but he’s been managing a shoulder problem over the last couple of years and hasn’t been quite the strike bowler he used to be. He really turned back the years with that wicket maiden over though, great stuff.

Archived