How do you resolve Lady Stoneheart's storyline?

Falcon2909

I've read theories where she meets arya and somehow magically dies peacefully. The dying part sounds silly IMO. We have no evidence fire wights can die after finding out that their kids are actually alive.

What do you guys think? How do you end her storyline?

I think that Arya or someone else will possibly mercy-kill her after Arya reunited with her and that LS has gotten her revenge on the old Walder and the other main perpetrators of the Red Wedding such as Lothar Frey, Black Walder, Edwyn and Walder Rivers.

At least I think that Catelyn will find peace and that her heart will know back the love she has for her children in her last moments.

The red prist left her group (No?). So if she will get killed (again), then there will be no one there who would be able to revive her. End of story.

Also, I think that LSH's storyline will end before Arya will return to the 7K. Maybe Arya won't return at all. Because who said that the Faceless Men will ever let her go? Just because that sort of thing happened there you know where, it doesn't mean that GRRM will make it so that Arya will be able to leave Braavos. So, in my opinion, neither Arya nor Sansa will ever meet LSH. Her story will be resolved without any participation from her daughters. Thus either she will be killed by Jaime, or by Brienne, or by her brother or uncle. Or maybe she will die during that Frey-wedding. Maybe she will burn the castle and will die in the fire together with all the guests. Or something like that.

Peaceful death? -> Definitely no.

LS still has some Catelyn Stark left in her IMO. She wants revenge, but she wants revenge for her children/family. If she finds out that Arya, Sansa, Bran and Rickon are alive, she may lose some of her desire for revenge. I don't see her dying magically. But dying by Arya's hand seems a little.... gruesome. Maybe Brienne kills her. And if LS's desire for revenge isn't as strong, Brienne would be liberating Catelyn in a way. Brienne being Catelyn's sword makes it poetic.

On 1/14/2022 at 5:19 PM, Falcon2909 said:

I've read theories where she meets arya and somehow magically dies peacefully. The dying part sounds silly IMO. We have no evidence fire wights can die after finding out that their kids are actually alive.

What do you guys think? How do you end her storyline?

She is already on borrowed time.  Lady Stoneheart, Arya, and Nymeria can have a brief reunion.  I suppose that is possible.  They can attack The Twins and exact revenge on the Frey family.  Lady Stoneheart and Arya should also die shortly after.  Nymeria makes it back to the North with Arya's spirit living inside her and they join Ghost, who will have Jon's spirit inside. 

Archived