Sansa's Marriage Dilemma or Marriageception

Corvo the Crow

LF wants to marry Sansa to Ser Harry the Hair and will probably do so with the assumption of Tyrion is dead, but when Tyrion comes back to Westeros, her marriage to Harry would be annulled or whatever as it can't have been done since Tyrion, her husband was alive still... but on the other hand, Tyrion himself has married before and though Tywin goldshitter has all but shat on his wife's honor by having her gang raped and paid and then claimed that she was a prostitute and the marriage was a sham, Jaime reveals this was all a lie, Tyrion himself knows that his marriage was real, so that makes his marriage to Sansa invalid as well. In that case, what would be the status of Sansa's marriage to Hairy the Heir?

Oh and one more thing... Where do we fit Jon in all this :rofl:

Given that LF spelled the whole plan out for us I believe it's safe to say that Sansa will never marry Harry the Hair in the first place. But were it to happen I think Tyrion is easily discounted because the marriage was never consumated and if need Sansa could prove it. If someone needed to get Sansa out of the marriage and was willing to dig a bit they might even find about Tyrion's preexisting commitment and Sansa could be released that way.

Personally I don't think Sansa is going to have any troubles separating herself from Tyrion. My unpopular opinion (said it on here before and was castigated for it) is that she in fact is going to have cause to run back to the little man and beg him to consumate their marriage to escape a worse situation (or she somehow sees a value in him which she didn't appreciate before). To me their marriage is a gun hanging on the wall that's going to have to be shot at some point. Now I don't know what that situation will be or how it will come to pass but that's my take. I don't think Tysha comes back into the story (how small is this frickin planet anyway?) but if she does she could be a complicating element for Sansa.

5 minutes ago, Takiedevushkikakzvezdy said:

IIRC, he never said that when he spelled out the plan. Have I missed something?

My point was that when we get such a clear roadmap given to us things go sideway and never unfold as we were told they would. LF's plan is for Sansa to wed Hairy Harry. If Sansa was actually going to marry him though I don't think it would have been forecast, sort of like the whole Willas Tyrell thing turning into the marriage with Tyrion.  Now we're going to see LF try and achieve his goals but before he gets to the part where Sansa actually marries Heirry Something (Sansa's rebellion perhaps?) will undermine his efforts.

46 minutes ago, Aejohn the Conqueroo said:

Given that LF spelled the whole plan out for us I believe it's safe to say that Sansa will never marry Harry the Hair in the first place. But were it to happen I think Tyrion is easily discounted because the marriage was never consumated and if need Sansa could prove it. If someone needed to get Sansa out of the marriage and was willing to dig a bit they might even find about Tyrion's preexisting commitment and Sansa could be released that way.

Personally I don't think Sansa is going to have any troubles separating herself from Tyrion. My unpopular opinion (said it on here before and was castigated for it) is that she in fact is going to have cause to run back to the little man and beg him to consumate their marriage to escape a worse situation (or she somehow sees a value in him which she didn't appreciate before). To me their marriage is a gun hanging on the wall that's going to have to be shot at some point. Now I don't know what that situation will be or how it will come to pass but that's my take. I don't think Tysha comes back into the story (how small is this frickin planet anyway?) but if she does she could be a complicating element for Sansa.

If Tysha still lives in the Westerlands (and given that she’s a commoner, she probably does) there’s always a possibility that she and Jaime will cross paths at some point. Lord knows he runs into everyone else.

3 minutes ago, Aejohn the Conqueroo said:

My point was that when we get such a clear roadmap given to us things go sideway and never unfold as we were told they would. LF's plan is for Sansa to wed Hairy Harry. If Sansa was actually going to marry him though I don't think it would have been forecast, sort of like the whole Willas Tyrell thing turning into the marriage with Tyrion.  Now we're going to see LF try and achieve his goals but before he gets to the part where Sansa actually marries Heirry Something (Sansa's rebellion perhaps?) will undermine his efforts.

My big issue with the whole plan is that Alayne is supposed to reveal herself as Sansa Stark after the marriage. Wouldn't that cause controversy in Westeros since she is still married to Tyrion? I think that Littlefinger either:

A: Thinks that there is so much chaos in Westeros that no one will care.

B: Assumes that Tyrion is dead.

Both of which are a huge gamble, IMO.

4 minutes ago, Phylum of Alexandria said:

I'm personally hoping the whole "marry Sansa to someone else" plot in the Vale is a feint on GRRM's part, where the various other antics bubbling in the background will allow a way for him to cut through that bullshit and push Sansa's story forward in a more interesting way.

The only other Hardyng we know of by name died by a lance through the groin, so if that’s any indication. . . 

My personal theory is that Sansa is one of the three queens that LF spoke of and that his real plan is to marry her to Aegon. If that’s the case though, I expect Sansa may finally rebel and find a way out of that arrangement.

I don't think LF's wedding plan work .Besides,  if Sansa stays a marriage pawn in the series , her story would not be all that interesting. my guess is she will use her marriage to Tyrion to get away from numerous undesirable political betrothals that'll come in her way as she establishes herself as a politician. 

2 hours ago, Corvo the Crow said:

Oh and one more thing... Where do we fit Jon in all this :rofl:

you wrote all that just to get to this one.. didn't you?:P 

well... Jon won't fit into this at all! Sansa will be with Ned Dayne... remember she wanted to have Ned , Bran and Rickon back in her future children? that is in fact foreshadowing for her marriage to Ned Dayne and her future son whom she will name after her dead brother Robb! The End!  :closedeyes:

19 minutes ago, Phylum of Alexandria said:

I'm personally hoping the whole "marry Sansa to someone else" plot in the Vale is a feint on GRRM's part, where the various other antics bubbling in the background will allow a way for him to cut through that bullshit and push Sansa's story forward in a more interesting way.

GRRM said back in 2002-03 that Littlefinger will start having trouble either in the Vale or the Riverlands because he doesn't actually have an army, despite all of his plotting. I don't know how much GRRM's plans have changed since then, though.

17 minutes ago, Takiedevushkikakzvezdy said:

My big issue with the whole plan is that Alayne is supposed to reveal herself as Sansa Stark after the marriage. Wouldn't that cause controversy in Westeros since she is still married to Tyrion? I think that Littlefinger either:

A: Thinks that there is so much chaos in Westeros that no one will care.

B: Assumes that Tyrion is dead.

Both of which are a huge gamble, IMO.

The marriage was never consumated which seems to make it vulnerable to annulment. LF's a pretty adept plotter too so I don't think that he'll have Sansa reveal herself until he's got the Lords Declarant involved in his schemes past the point of return. They're not going to be undone by an unconsumated marriage to an enemy so the marriage will be either annulled or outright ignored. Maybe Sansa goes all North and says it's irrelevant because there was no heart tree. Like I said above, I don't think the problem for Sansa will be getting out of that marriage. If the marriage remains relevant, I think her struggle might be to get back into it.

31 minutes ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

If Tysha still lives in the Westerlands (and given that she’s a commoner, she probably does) there’s always a possibility that she and Jaime will cross paths at some point. Lord knows he runs into everyone else.

Yeah, Westeros is a small town when Mr Martin wants it to be and a vast continent when it suits him. She could be out there. maybe she'll be one of the silent sisters he encounters after some battle or something.

17 minutes ago, Takiedevushkikakzvezdy said:

GRRM said back in 2002-03 that Littlefinger will start having trouble either in the Vale or the Riverlands because he doesn't actually have an army, despite all of his plotting. I don't know how much GRRM's plans have changed since then, though.

Eventually this guy’s luck has to run out, right? The tide turned against the Lannisters, it’s turning against the Tyrells, it’ll all but certainly turn against Dany eventually. There has to be some pushback to LF’s winning streak at some point.

29 minutes ago, EggBlue said:

I don't think LF's wedding plan work .Besides,  if Sansa stays a marriage pawn in the series , her story would not be all that interesting. my guess is she will use her marriage to Tyrion to get away from numerous undesirable political betrothals that'll come in her way as she establishes herself as a politician. 

you wrote all that just to get to this one.. didn't you?:P 

well... Jon won't fit into this at all! Sansa will be with Ned Dayne... remember she wanted to have Ned , Bran and Rickon back in her future children? that is in fact foreshadowing for her marriage to Ned Dayne and her future son whom she will name after her dead brother Robb! The End!  :closedeyes:

Was Jonsa a popular ship before the show? I don’t remember seeing it much except in crackship contexts.

6 minutes ago, Takiedevushkikakzvezdy said:

How many people in Westeros are aware of that, though?

Sansa's aware of it and she's aware of whether or not she could prove it.  What was said at Tyrion's trial on the subject? Didn't Shae attest to their physical estrangement at some point? I know that 90% of what she said was BS, but it was accepted at face value in that sham trial. I don't think Sansa will need outside support though, having some maester or septa inspect her could be a power move that contrasts with Cercei's reflections on Margery Tyrell going through the same experience as a victim.

53 minutes ago, Aejohn the Conqueroo said:

Yeah, Westeros is a small town when Mr Martin wants it to be and a vast continent when it suits him. She could be out there. maybe she'll be one of the silent sisters he encounters after some battle or something.

I've got half a hunch that Tysha's fisherman's wife in Bravos :dunno: I don't know why that came to me!

47 minutes ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

Was Jonsa a popular ship before the show? I don’t remember seeing it much except in crackship contexts.

I don't know..

1 hour ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

Eventually this guy’s luck has to run out, right? The tide turned against the Lannisters, it’s turning against the Tyrells, it’ll all but certainly turn against Dany eventually. There has to be some pushback to LF’s winning streak at some point.

It's funny, we're 5 books in and I still have no clue as to what Littlefinger's ultimate plan is.

7 minutes ago, Takiedevushkikakzvezdy said:

It's funny, we're 5 books in and I still have no clue as to what Littlefinger's ultimate plan is.

LOL. I'm not even sure what the story's about.  is it a Targaryen Restoration? The return of magic to the world? The end of magic? Is it the story of the Stark kids or is it all about the invasion of the others? Something else entirely?

1 hour ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

Jonsa as a ship has been around at least since at least 2008 per Archive of Our Own, but really took off around Season 6 of the show, particularly after Jon was revealed to be Sansa's cousin. Main reasons for this seemed to be better chemistry between Harington and Turner on the one side and the fact that Jon was the only main male character in her age group (because of this Tyrion, Littlefinger, and The Hound do not count) who is nice to her.

Archived