The Amethyst-Bloodstone blood betrayal was a Cersei-Jaime/Night's King-Night's Queen situation (Dawn age in Essos Part 3)

Wolfcrow

Part 1, Part 2

Dominion over mankind then passed to his eldest son, who was known as the Pearl Emperor and ruled for a thousand years. The Jade Emperor, the Tourmaline Emperor, the Onyx Emperor, the Topaz Emperor, and the Opal Emperor followed in turn, each reigning for centuries … yet* every reign was shorter and more troubled than the one preceding it, for wild men and baleful beasts pressed at the borders of the Great Empire, lesser kings grew prideful and rebellious, and the common people gave themselves over to avarice, envy, lust, murder, incest, gluttony, and sloth. When the daughter of the Opal Emperor succeeded him as the Amethyst Empress, her envious younger brother cast her down and slew her, proclaiming himself the Bloodstone Emperor and beginning a reign of terror. He practiced dark arts, torture, and necromancy, enslaved his people, took a tiger-woman for his bride, feasted on human flesh, and cast down the true gods to worship a black stone that had fallen from the sky. (Many scholars count the Bloodstone Emperor as the first High Priest of the sinister Church of Starry Wisdom, which persists to this day in many port cities throughout the known world). In the annals of the Further East, it was the Blood Betrayal, as his usurpation is named, that ushered in the age of darkness called the Long Night. Despairing of the evil that had been unleashed on earth, the Maiden-Made-of-Light turned her back upon the world, and the Lion of Night came forth in all his wroth to punish the wickedness of men.

So, after so many emperors, suddenly we have a woman, that means something changed. As I said in the first part, after the arm of Dorne broke, the geography started to transform to the one we have in the present timeline. The Summer sea connected with the Shivering sea and the Jade sea, Lorath is an island, the area in Thousand islands and in northern Sothoryos started to becoming like we know it and for sure the inland sea started to getting smaller.

Both empires, obviously, started to lose lands and have problems, but they gained a much easier connection and that was a way to, solve some difficulties. If history have taught me one thing, is that marriage is one of the best, if not the the best , way to make an aliance. So, an Opal married with a Fisher Queen and new cities were formed, trade flourished and for some time things probably went good and these two huge empires became one. Probably, Dawn ruled the lands and the Fisher the seas, two colonies of the Fisher were established inside Dawn, Nefer and Leng, both great locations to control the trade routes. Yinishar, Zabhad and the sister cities of Samyriana, Bayasabhad, and Kayakayanaya were all ,probably, formed when these two empires conjoined. Qarth had people from Dawn too exept from the fishers.

The problems started again, when the next successor, was a woman. Since the fishers are a matriarchal sociaty, the succesor of this conjoined kingdom, is the first child no matter the gender. The story says that her brother got jealous and slayed her and took for a wife a tiger woman etc etc, but tbh I don't think this is the case. Yes, maybe he was bitter, but I think they had a Cersei-Jamie thing going on.

"In the Jade Compendium, Colloquo Votar recounts a curious legend from Yi Ti, which states that the sun hid its face from the earth for a lifetime, ashamed at something none could discover, and that disaster was averted only by the deeds of a woman with a monkey’s tail."

"Leng is home to “ten thousand tigers and ten million monkeys,”".

"He practiced dark arts, torture, and necromancy, enslaved his people, took a tiger-woman for his bride"

If the main spot inside the empire of the Fisher queens was Leng, she was Tiger-woman and a Monkey woman to the people there. If they were together and practice heavy magic and abuse it and their actions led to the long night, it make all the sense for people to think incest cursed. Yes, they could be think it bad and immoral etc etc like we do, but to think it's cursed, something really bad must have happened.

So, our lovebirds went to Asshai and they got to work. New Capital, that was not that close the Forts, and combine whatever magic they knew, the goal? To have dragons, they probably tried to make them ,from wyverns and firewyrms but they failed miserably. The more magic you use and the more shit you make, it triggers the demons and they come closer and this is where our couple came up with a different idea: "What if we didn't make them and try to control these ones?". And once again got to work and they created the bond, that the dragonriders and dragon hatchers have. We know about lizard men, winged men, bloodless men all these sounds like failed attempts. This is where I am gonna insert the Night's King tale. I know many people think they tried to turn their kids to ww or something similar, but what if they tried to create a bond too, so they can control them, but they were stoped? Another thing is we know the Night's king was a Stark, but he was a snow 99%, so maybe his queen was a relative, he has stong parallels with Craster too and he practiced incest.

Back to the main theme though. They somehow passed them through the barriers without shit going off in this part of the world this time, but i don't think it they had down the way to control them 100%. The dragons that passed the five forts freaked the fuck out and went to the closest thing to their "home" volcanos (in another post I have said that the iron islands are volcanic this is why so many dragon stories in Reach) and people from Dawn went to find them Hightowers, Daynes, Galladon of the Morne (I think the Masseys too), people in Valyria (a lot of themsince 14 flames was a hotspot) etc etc. But since this protective mechanism was not working, the others, ww and deep ones, started to cause havoc. It seems that to all places with mazes, the Fishers ports, were attacked. Thousand islands and Nefer, Lorath, Reach, Basilisk Islands and the Crownlands all have attacks from sqishers/deep ones and from the north the ww came, because the deamons from the east couldn't.

We have three places that were not destroyed by the deep ones, Leng, Asshai, Qarth, Yeen and the Iron islands. Lengii for many years after did sacrifises to the deep ones, Qarth, Asshai, Yeen look like they have some short of curse and the nature around these areas suck the life forse out of anything and make them uninhabited. In Iron Islands probably tried to save the throne or were considered to stay there and placed the chair , but the deep ones came took everyone and the chair is cursed too.

But, the Monkey Woman saved the world, how? And this is where I think, Amethyst and Emperor started to see that "oh shit, oh fuck, we broke the system, we need to fix this, bc we all gonna die.". The woman with the monkey tail/Nissa Nissa saved the world, because she probably was the one that had the vision on what to do and she was the one that sacrificed herself. Azor Ahai/Bloodstone killed her to make lightbringer, but what it means is that she died for the star/comet/ moon part to fall, so they can forge lightbringer. At this point it was dark though, so I don't believe we had many meteors or falling celestial bodies, the problem was that the highly magical dragons were in the volcanos and many erruption started to take place, before the falling star. He killed her and then the moon cracked, so the celestial body fell after her death and from this part he forged lightbringer/Dawn. All the dragonsteel daggers were made, so they can have more weapons with the same abilities as Dawn. I have said in another post that dragonsteel was not Valyrian steel.

"Dragonbone is black because of its high iron content, the book told him. It is strong as steel, yet lighter and far more flexible, and of course utterly impervious to fire."

They still use dragonbone for weapons and it's expencive, why set an information like this early in the books, if not important? Back on lightbringer, I know that Mel said lightbringer is red and warm, but bullshit, she is terrible at understanding prophesies and visions and she is biased, because of her religion. Danny saw pale swords, lightbringer was pale and it was Dawn. And then boy went north and we know the rest.

This is it, I hope it makes sense. I will probably make other posts about the Sarnori, the Andals, the Ironborn, the Rhoynar, the Skagosi and in general the rest of the folk we have a little bit before and after this long night, but for now that's it.

Only tangentially related, but I was thinking about the red, blue, and green squares in cyvasse. I have previously posited that they are another example of the tricolored magical bloodlines: ice, fire, and whatever the weirwoods are. And yet, in cyvasse, these pieces represent mountains, lakes, and fields, respectively. And that got me thinking: the fire magic of the series seems to factor in earth as well: the stone-burrowing wyrms and the Fourteen Flames, and all that. And ice magic could be thought of as a combination of water and wind. Maybe these are important associations.

We know that the Bloodstone Emperor and Amethyst Empress came from the Dawn empire, who were all named after gemstones: so perhaps this was a people who knew some sort of earth magic that aided in their excavations of mountains and caves. Whether by digging too deep, or by the magic of fiery meteors, perhaps it was the BE who brought fire magic to the bloodline. Yet the Amethyst Empress, as you say, may have been of the Fisher Queen line, and so would have been of the water people. I like the idea that the two were half-brother and sister, and if that were the case, then the Amethyst Empress would be a genetic song of earth and water, like how Jon Snow is a song of ice and fire.  

Perhaps in reaction to the rise of a new force charged by dragon fire, or simply due to the cold and dark surroundings of the Long Night, perhaps the water blood line eventually transformed as well--to ice. 

If all this ends up being true, what about the green magic: the fields in cyvasse? Well, I can't say for sure, but it could be that the green magic utilizes all of the elements, at various points, as needed, in order to perpetuate balance. For instance, we see Leaf using fire to burn the wights; we know that weirwoods and Children can burrow through stone; the weirwoods at the God's Eye are implicated in the breaking of the arm of Dorne.

It may be that the two other bloodlines were deviations into extremes: earth/fire, and water/wind (ice).

Just some random thoughts.

15 hours ago, Phylum of Alexandria said:

Only tangentially related, but I was thinking about the red, blue, and green squares in cyvasse. I have previously posited that they are another example of the tricolored magical bloodlines: ice, fire, and whatever the weirwoods are. And yet, in cyvasse, these pieces represent mountains, lakes, and fields, respectively. And that got me thinking: the fire magic of the series seems to factor in earth as well: the stone-burrowing wyrms and the Fourteen Flames, and all that. And ice magic could be thought of as a combination of water and wind. Maybe these are important associations.

Yes, I think, that all of them are connected, too. The common point seems to be the stone. Gemstone emperors, fused stone, the oily stone, bless him with stone, weirwoods turn to stone, the commet, even dragonglass is a volcanic glass you need both earth and fire since it's magmatic rock/felsic lava. I think Masseys as a house give a hint on that an ancient house with an ancient sigil, as well, even though a small house, they are from Stonedance ,their arms have  triple spiral; red, green and blue, on white and we know the physical description of only two members Jastin milk-eye and present Justin both of them sound closer to Valyrians than first men. On top of that when Aegon begun his conquest they sided with him, bc they had closer ties. Many women of the house were great beauties and were considered as possible wives for Targaryens and were close, with many of them being married to House Velaryon and others being ladies in wait for house Targaryen. Daynes and Hightowers are the two houses we think when we think od tGEotD, but Masseys give more information if we think about it. 

I like the idea that the two were half-brother and sister, and if that were the case, then the Amethyst Empress would be a genetic song of earth and water, like how Jon Snow is a song of ice and fire.  

I like the half sibling theory, because it would be a great parallel with Khiara of Leng too. Bloodstone was full Dawnish and Amethyst was half fisher, falf dawnish. 

Perhaps in reaction to the rise of a new force charged by dragon fire, or simply due to the cold and dark surroundings of the Long Night, perhaps the water blood line eventually transformed as well--to ice. 

That's agood though, but idk for sure tbh. The salty water fanction looks like it was always there. As salt helps on melting ice, in here salt seems to block ice magic. The wall is salty too. I think that fire and ice it's more poetic than anything else,both of them are usefull,but both of them are dangerous and you need water and earth to balance it out. When you need to put out fire you use dirt,water is not always the best, but salt and salty water helps a lot with ice. They seem to be the 2 opposites and water and earth help to keep them in order. Both fire and ice are connected with outerspace stars and moon, on the other side, both,water and earth ar connected with the deep down of the planetos. Mel is saying that fire is the only think that can save them and bring light, but it's ironic if we think that fire is connected all the time with black and the opposite. Firey things are described as they drink the light, but icy things are glowy and bright and alive with light. 

I'm going to be writing more on this in a post of my own soon, but the gist of my take is that the magical psionic species of the planet (i.e., Garth and his wives) can potentially manipulate all of the surrounding elements, and that weirwoods themselves show associations in-story with water, earth, fire, and wind, and their combinations.

The Others and the Wyrm/Dragon bloodlines seem to be similar, except that they are adapted toward more extreme conditions, and they potentially threaten one another, as well as populations who need a richer, harmonious ecology.

But, separately, I think certain people used blood sacrifice to this magical species to gain power of different types. The Dawn Empire perhaps started with primarily earth magic (and later learned fire magic), and the Fisher Queens seem to have prioritized wind and water magic. At some point this gaining of power through sacrifice evolved into the forging of actual magical bloodlines within certain humans: the most prominent being the dragon riders, but also the skinchangers/greenseers, and possibly other types as well (webbed folk).

I guess I can't decide if the fire and ice bloodlines of the Garth species had existed long before humanity came around (and perhaps just adapted to thrive in extremely hot or cold parts of the planet), or if these mutations were the result of or a reaction to the meteor/Long Night event. We certainly see a kind of cold ecological viewpoint coming from the CotF, so it's not too far-fetched to see the Garth species thinking it must cull the power of the dragon riders with a counter-balancing ice power. I'm fine with either way, tbh.

45 minutes ago, Phylum of Alexandria said:

I'm going to be writing more on this in a post of my own soon, but the gist of my take is that the magical psionic species of the planet (i.e., Garth and his wives) can potentially manipulate all of the surrounding elements, and that weirwoods themselves show associations in-story with water, earth, fire, and wind, and their combinations.

The Others and the Wyrm/Dragon bloodlines seem to be similar, except that they are adapted toward more extreme conditions, and they potentially threaten one another, as well as populations who need a richer, harmonious ecology.

But, separately, I think certain people used blood sacrifice to this magical species to gain power of different types. The Dawn Empire perhaps started with primarily earth magic (and later learned fire magic), and the Fisher Queens seem to have prioritized wind and water magic. At some point this gaining of power through sacrifice evolved into the forging of actual magical bloodlines within certain humans: the most prominent being the dragon riders, but also the skinchangers/greenseers, and possibly other types as well (webbed folk).

I guess I can't decide if the fire and ice bloodlines of the Garth species had existed long before humanity came around (and perhaps just adapted to thrive in extremely hot or cold parts of the planet), or if these mutations were the result of or a reaction to the meteor/Long Night event. We certainly see a kind of cold ecological viewpoint coming from the CotF, so it's not too far-fetched to see the Garth species thinking it must cull the power of the dragon riders with a counter-balancing ice power. I'm fine with either way, tbh.

Hmmm, this is something I try to grasp myself and maybe I am off, but this is how I think about it . All, magical creatures were just chilling, before. Like in westeros nobody gave a fuck what humans did and as long as they don't try to cut of the trees, they don't have problem with humans. I don't think that Garth or God on earth or Grey king and in general these figures were different species, I think they were humans or hybrids that found ways to use magic, to their advantage and taught it to other people. Magical world or not, with time stories get exaggerating, so many of the details are added I think.  

Magical creatures are let's just say guards, that try to keep balance, bc if not the planet starts to colapse.  I always imagined the magic in this universe like a wet-cell battery of some short ,with fire and ice being the anode and the cathode. It can provide more powerfull energy (magic) than normal dry batteries, but it's more unstedy and dangerous, this is why we have many safety backups (the magical creatures, except ww and dragons/deamons from the east), but if this is get out of hand eww and dragons work as a complete shut down. The trees, water etc etc work as chargers, that is why they sacrifise on them or in front of them). TCotF believe that when they die they become one with the gods, to me sounds like their energy geso back in to the main source. The difference with ice and fire, unlike the former two, doesn't distributed evenly, it goes directly to the corresponding pole. Now, this is me deep in sci fi books and my thesis and maybe I am way off, but i think it clicks with grrm's writing,too. Obviously it will not be as scientiphic, but the way it works can be transfered on phantasy/magical world I think. 

It's not at all clear what is actually the case, but I happen to think Garth is actually a male walker of the "weirwood" species (but since the species might have adapted its morphology, and might not just include the weirwoods, I've been referring to the species overall as "the Garth species," since he seemed to be the progenitor of Planetos, the seed that came to the earth).

I do think you are right that the supernatural phenomena done by this species and other non-humans seems to be more considered and balanced, at least until the humans got involved. I happen to think that GRRM has been painting magic in the ASOIAF series as reflecting unvarnished power, with tremendous unforeseen consequences--yet I think that only applies when humans wield it. His series is ultimately a critique on the failures of humanity, and so it makes sense that his magic and the existential crises it creates in fact result from the misdeeds of shortsighted or callous humans.

In his story The Ice Dragon, there is a magical dichotomy of ice and fire that ultimately ends in the extinction of both forces. And yet, even here, it was not fire and ice dragons fighting on their own, it was humans riding fire dragons for conquest, versus an ice dragon bonded to a human girl. The intervention of humans takes things off balance, and causes great disruption, with the best possible (but still sad) ending being the extinction of all the magic, for the sake of balance going forward. I have a feeling that GRRM is going to pursue something quite similar here, though in this case there is a third line of magic who is ostensibly trying for a more balanced approach. Even still, the exploitation of magical power by humans is the real problem. And so I still think that the dream of spring by the story's end will come at the cost of the death of the Old Gods and all things magical, for the sake of balance among humans going forward. But, we shall see. *Tinfoil off*

14 minutes ago, Phylum of Alexandria said:

His series is ultimately a critique on the failures of humanity, and so it makes sense that his magic and the existential crises it creates in fact result from the misdeeds of shortsighted or callous humans.

Yes, along with the climate crisis and the disruption of the environment from human activity.

16 minutes ago, Phylum of Alexandria said:

The intervention of humans takes things off balance, and causes great disruption, with the best possible (but still sad) ending being the extinction of all the magic

Mine is that they will make the pact, but it will not be forever and they will be forever trapped in this situation. Every time it will be worse that the previous and more humans and nature would die, but at this point it's thebest you can do. 

Archived