Watch, Watching, Watch -- Why do movies have to end so soon?

TheLastWolf

4 hours ago, Ramsay B. said:

How about Bruce Willis being in 8 movies last year(I’d be shocked if any of us can name one without looking)!? I say this because he has his own Razzies category. 

He’s also slated to be in 8 more this year.

There was a fun RLM video where they watched all of Bruce’s recent straight to DVD type movies.

Its staggering the extreme lack of interest in his art he has. The guy seems to be wearing an earpiece so he can be fed lines because he can’t be bothered to learn them for a start.

Then he’s mostly not even in those movies, they use body doubles a lot of the time, and when he is on screen he does almost nothing but sit and mouth of lines that are being fed to him.

These movies are clearly making money somehow though I’m not clear how

4 hours ago, GallowKnight said:

Stanley Kubrick got a worst director nomination for The Shinning. The Razzies are dumb and no one should pay them any attention.

4 hours ago, Nictarion said:

Yep. Ennio Morricone for the score to The Thing, too. 

Ah yes, but that's also a reflection of how those films were initially received by audiences and critics, which was 'not well'. people in the early '80s were dumb. 

5 hours ago, Ramsay B. said:

How about Bruce Willis being in 8 movies last year(I’d be shocked if any of us can name one without looking)!? I say this because he has his own Razzies category. 

He’s also slated to be in 8 more this year.

I'm not sure I've heard of one of them. He's fallen below Cage. Maybe even below Travolta. 

I watched Train to Busan last night.

I quite liked it, parts of it had that zombie movie silliness that I'm "eh" about, but I thought the character work was pretty solid for this kind of movie. It was infinitely more enjoyable than the last zombie thing I watched - Snyder's hideous 'Army of the Dead' - and there was actually something interesting directorial choices going on at parts of the film. 

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

Is Cage a financial plus at this point? Seems like he makes 10 movies that bomb for everyone that does somewhat well.

I assume if they keep paying him to be in them that they must be at least making a small profit.

That seems to be the scam with the Bruce Willis movies.  They’re not making bank on them but they’ve gotta be at least breaking even or it wouldn’t be viable.

Bruce Willis famously has a daily salary that he will do. If you can get him for a day its like $50k or something, and that's all you need. No profit sharing, no anything, etc.

So he's a bargain that way- you can shoot all his scenes, he does a days work, gets paid, and moves on.

7 minutes ago, Kalibuster said:

Bruce Willis famously has a daily salary that he will do. If you can get him for a day its like $50k or something, and that's all you need. No profit sharing, no anything, etc.

So he's a bargain that way- you can shoot all his scenes, he does a days work, gets paid, and moves on.

The guy has a career that spans 4 decades with more than a few bonafide box office hits. What he's getting in residuals must be pretty impressive. I can't imagine he needs the moneys. 

1 hour ago, Kalibuster said:

That seems really weird.  He made $10-20M per movie for probably 20 years, why unless he is broke, would he show up even for a day for a measly $50K?  

He could have debts we do not know about. Bad investments, bad money management, etc. He could simply want to have as much money as possible for himself and his heirs.

There have been rumors going back half a decade that Willis has memory problems and could be suffering early-onset dementia, which would perhaps partially explain why he's doing these gigs when anything more arduous or complicated may be a struggle for him.

1 hour ago, Kalibuster said:

Sorry, I was way off - apparently he charges something like $1m per day. 

Ha.  Well that makes more sense.  I still find it weird to dilute his over all value by doing all these movies no one even bothers to market, and/or that he needs the money that much at this point.  But if someone would pay me $8M a year to do 8 days work on a bad project, I would probably forget about my artistic pride.  

49 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Ha.  Well that makes more sense.  I still find it weird to dilute his over all value by doing all these movies no one even bothers to market, and/or that he needs the money that much at this point.  But if someone would pay me $8M a year to do 8 days work on a bad project, I would probably forget about my artistic pride.  

So in the end Willis did take Marselles Wallace's advice. 

Archived