What do you think will happen with Daenerys and Tyrion's first meeting ? What should be their interactions ?

What do you think should be the first meeting between Daenerys Targaryen and Tyrion Lannister during the Winds of Winter once Tyrion is inside Meereen and that Daenerys returns from the Dothraki Sea ? 
How do you imagine their first reaction upon meeting each other ?

Also what relation do you think that they will really have, and how strong or weak it will be ? 
How may Tyrion be able to convince Daenerys to allow him to serve her, what arguments may he uses on her ? How long do you think that it will take for him to convince her of his usefulness and loyalty ? 

How much influence should Tyrion have on her, and what kind of influence should it be ? Will Tyrion be a positive influence or will he help bringing Daenerys' darker traits out ?

Tyrion knows a lot about dragonlore, so he also learned a lot about dragonriders - Dany's ancestors and family. He may be useful to her in this capacity - as a theoretical expert on dragons. Also I think that same as he did for Bran, he will provide for Dany a scheme for a special saddle, using which Dany and even Rhaego will be able to safely ride their dragons.

I think that originally Tyrion got the idea how to make a saddle for himself, out of the books about dragons, because dragonriders were using special saddles, like this one -> https://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/File:Aegon_on_Balerion.jpg

In TWOW, in my opinion, Dany will be reunited with Rhaego, whose kidnapping by Khal Pono was the treason for blood. Then Rhaego will bond with Rhaegal, and will want to fly with him, which will be dangerous, considering that he is still a baby. So when Tyrion will offer to Dany to make for her and her child those saddles, and thus to make flying not as dangerous, she will be grateful to him and will make him her advisor because of his help in solving this problem.

The interesting thing about Tyrion is that Quaithe told Dany not to trust "the lion," and so far Dany has done everything Quaithe has told her to do--it's part of the reason why she didn't take Quentyn's offer, which was probably one of her worst decisions. Tyrion will have to use his wits to convince her to let him live, but I don't know how he's going to get past that barrier. 

She will show the old prejudice she has against the houses that deposed her father, ignore the circustance, act arrogant towards him and feel grossed by the dwarf.

Tyrion will win her over by telling how he killed Tywin and how much he knows his family and that he is their worst enemy, even more than herself and point to her lack of allys in Westeros and lack of knowloge.

3 hours ago, Megorova said:

In TWOW, in my opinion, Dany will be reunited with Rhaego, whose kidnapping by Khal Pono was the treason for blood. Then Rhaego will bond with Rhaegal, and will want to fly with him, which will be dangerous, considering that he is still a baby. So when Tyrion will offer to Dany to make for her and her child those saddles, and thus to make flying not as dangerous, she will be grateful to him and will make him her advisor because of his help in solving this problem.

The treason for blood bit with Khal Pono doesn't make sense to me, I'm sorry.

And if Rhaego is alive, he'd be what? Three at the most? Way too young to ride a dragon.

31 minutes ago, Aejohn the Conqueroo said:

Who says they're going to meet?  Maybe Tyrion and Benn nab a dragon (I don't think 'steal' is the right word, R and V aren't acting like their anyone's property) and head west after Faegon before she even returns to Mereen. 

That would be stealing.

Dany would be pissed and would instantly name Tyrion as a bitter enemy.

3 hours ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

The interesting thing about Tyrion is that Quaithe told Dany not to trust "the lion," and so far Dany has done everything Quaithe has told her to do--it's part of the reason why she didn't take Quentyn's offer, which was probably one of her worst decisions. Tyrion will have to use his wits to convince her to let him live, but I don't know how he's going to get past that barrier. 

But did Quaithe lie?

Quaithe has yet to be proven wrong. Quentyn had not proven himself trustworthy (trying to steal one of her dragons to claim one for himself was a bad move) and Dany was wise to take things slow with him.

The sun's son also technically applies to Arianne as well. And distrusting Arianne is a pretty good call.

But yeah. Tyrion has a long uphill battle with Dany. And I think Tyrion telling Dany that he killed his father is only going to disgust her and make her that much more distrustful.

Dany has no family and her abject loneliness makes her very sad. She's not have a good opinion of someone who kills their own family members...least of all their parent.

Even if Dany takes him into her service, I don't think she'll ever completely trust him like she does trust Ser Barristan or Missandei.

Again: I still don't think a lot of fans understand how evil kinslaying is in this world.

6 minutes ago, BlackLightning said:

And if Rhaego is alive, he'd be what? Three at the most? Way too young to ride a dragon.

That would be stealing.

Dany would be pissed and would instantly name Tyrion as a bitter enemy.

But did Quaithe lie?

Quaithe has yet to be proven wrong. Quentyn had not proven himself trustworthy (trying to steal one of her dragons to claim one for himself was a bad move) and Dany was wise to take things slow with him.

The sun's son also technically applies to Arianne as well. And distrusting Arianne is a pretty good call.

But yeah. Tyrion has a long uphill battle with Dany. And I think Tyrion telling Dany that he killed his father is only going to disgust her and make her that much more distrustful.

Dany has no family and her abject loneliness makes her very sad. She's not have a good opinion of someone who kills their own family members...least of all their parent.

Even if Dany takes him into her service, I don't think she'll ever completely trust him like she does trust Ser Barristan or Missandei.

Again: I still don't think a lot of fans understand how evil kinslaying is in this world.

She’ll understand if Tyrion presents his relationship with Tywin as similar to hers with Viserys. Then she’ll feel like she has someone who knows her pain.

I don't think Dany and Tyrion's first meeting be a big issue . Tyrion probably has to prove himself to Dany's counsel (Barry perhaps) in her absence . later Barry could convivence her that while Tyrion is a wicked man , he could be useful. it's probably his dragon knowledge and returning of the second sons that'll save his ass. yet, it's unlikely that Dany ever fully trusts him. 

13 minutes ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

She’ll understand if Tyrion presents his relationship with Tywin as similar to hers with Viserys. Then she’ll feel like she has someone who knows her pain.

unfortunately, Tyrion's not one for a heart to heart!  he'll probably make some silly joke about killing his dad and nephew. furthermore ,with all the terrible things Viserys did to her , Dany was still feeling guilty for Viserys in her last chapter even though she wasn't the one who killed him and she probably never would've killed him if she had a choice. 

I think it'll be somewhat similar to their meeting in the show.

Except Dany will be hardened by wars and intrigues in the Dothraki Sea. So she'll probably be a lot more intimidating and a lot less tolerant of sly remarks, snide comments and intrigue.

7 minutes ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

That won't make her like or trust him.

As much as she suffered, Dany never deigned to kill Viserys.

If Tyrion presents his relationship with Tywin as similar to hers with Viserys, she's going to see Tyrion as more akin to Viserys than to herself. Both Tyrion and Viserys used and threatened to use deadly force against their own family so that they could get what they wanted.

The only way that this could work is if Tyrion lies to her (extremely likely) or simply doesn't tell her anything about it (also extremely likely). The only one who would know for sure would be Quentyn or Marwyn. And she still wouldn't trust him.

Dany will likely keep Tyrion around because of his knowledge of present day Westeros. I highly doubt she will trust him, at least in the beginning. I think Tyrion is going to find it hard to influence her when they meet. Dany is probably going to see that he has his own agenda.

My feeling is that Tyrion already saw through this woman‘s true desire when he set Aegon off to Westeros: ruling via marriage isn’t it. Quaithe‘s warnings concerning love play into this on Daenery’s side.

So if there is a way to be acceptable for many, solely based onto improvements in those people‘s life, and if Tyrion uses his wits to help her achieve that, which is basically the hardest thing on earth/planetos to work out, I think she would go for it. Only that this probably won’t bring her to Westeros ever. And Tyrion may be happy for it, since he still has a home to return to and will be likely tired puzzling out eruptions which are possible in Essos but never in good old Westeros.

Westeros is a groom waiting for a bride that never came. Aegon will learn it, trapped amidst far too many brides when he heads Westeros and is torn to pieces between Lannister Myrcella, Martell Arianne, Tyrell Margaery and possible others.

14 hours ago, BlackLightning said:

Pono used to be one of Drogo's bloodriders, which means that they were like sworn brothers. And Rhaego is Drogo's son, so Pono to him is like an uncle. And thus Pono, taking Rhaego from his mother, was done because of Rhaego's blood, which is also in certain sense - Pono's own blood (family). Thus -> the treason for blood.

14 hours ago, BlackLightning said:

This is GRRM's opinion on this topic ->

https://georgerrmartin.com/notablog/2018/04/25/fire-blood-on-the-way/#comment-890

As to when and how various Targaryens have become dragonriders… well, it varies. And I think that is realistic, based on what I have seen and learned from my real world friends who ride horses. Some begin to ride when they are very young, some as teenagers, some not until adulthood. There are even cases of riders who don’t get on a horse till retirement. Horses vary, people vary, and so do dragons and their riders.

A three (and even two) years old child can ride a horse (Dothraki learn to ride even earlier than they learn to walk <- that's if you didn't knew, in this sense they are a bit like ancient Mongolian nomads (like Genghis Khan/Temüjin), on whom GRRM based the Dothraki culture), and dragons are smarter than horses, also they bond with their riders on spiritual level. And if there will be a saddle (like Bran's, into which Rhaego will be strapped on, and tied to), then he won't fall off. So I don't see a reason why Rhaego can't ride.

The children on that video are 2 and 3 years old. And those children don't have a magical bond that connects them with their mounts, while Rhaego does have it. Rhaego will be able to fly with Rhaegal because they have bonded when Rhaego was still in his mother's womb and Rhaegal was still in his egg, this -> "Irri fetched the egg with the deep green shell... She was lying there, holding the egg, when she felt the child move within her … as if he were reaching out, brother to brother, blood to blood. "You are the dragon," Dany whispered to him, "the true dragon. I know it. I know it." And she smiled, and went to sleep dreaming of home." (AGOT, Dany IV).

Also - if GRRM will want to insert a baby-dragonrider into his books, he will do it. And if he was still applying a 5-years long time-skip, as he was planning to do originally, then by the time of Dany's departure to Westeros, Rhaego would have been 7-8 years old, and there were Targaryen-dragonriders of that age - Rhaenyra (became dragonrider at age 7).

Archived