Dating thread - “OOPS! I Did It Again” edition

Chataya de Fleury

1 hour ago, BigFatCoward said:

Never understood that despite growing up on a shite estate in Newcastle, American women thought I was Prince William. 

It always annoys me when they ask if I've met the queen, because I have to say yes, and I don't want to reward that question.

6 hours ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

Also, we need to hear moar on this. HOW successful were these matches??? Or does a gentleman not kiss and tell?

A couple of dates and one hook-up. The hook-up was someone else who was only in town for a short stay, so it was good not to have to worry about any strings being attached.

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

Let's be real here. The British accent is much like a Southern accent. The right one sounds great, but the wrong ones...

Pro-tip:  just add a few strong drinks of alcohol to either accent and then see how it goes.  You can usually veer into the wrong pretty quickly.  

My wife, after we were chatting for a while and knocking back multiple shots of tequila in Mexico in a group of vacationing Brits: “Wait - your accent is slipping. It’s like you lost 30 IQ points.”  

2 hours ago, VigoTheCarpathian said:

Pro-tip:  just add a few strong drinks of alcohol to either accent and then see how it goes.  You can usually veer into the wrong pretty quickly.    

Sadly, my North Dakota accent that comes out after I’ve had quite a few is not seen as any kind of sexy :rofl:

34 minutes ago, DMC said:

Well, if you started talking like Marge Gunderson that'd be sure to attract tons of aging hipsters.

Sigh, two brothers mocking where they're from has led to everyone believing people talk like that in these parts. 

1 minute ago, Tywin et al. said:

Sigh, two brothers mocking where they're from has led to everyone believing people talk like that in these parts. 

Definitely don't believe that, seems you didn't get the joke.

You folks should try dating with an Indian accent (in the US, I hasten to add. Would be weird if it was a hindrance back in the motherland). I've heard recordings of myself and even I am surprised how thick my accent is, and dismayed by how unsexy it is. Luckily I have a big personality to compensate for it.

Edited by IheartIheartTesla

4 hours ago, IheartIheartTesla said:

You folks should try dating with an Indian accent (in the US, I hasten to add. Would be weird if it was a hindrance back in the motherland). I've heard recordings of myself and even I am surprised how thick my accent is, and dismayed by how unsexy it is. Luckily I have a big personality to compensate for it.

It’s not unsexy.

It's true, accents are amazing. My boyfriend has a very nice Aussie accent, although I'm so used to it now that I don't really notice anymore. Until he says something that makes me be like "what?" Today it was "shallot", I was so confused.

He thinks I have a cute American accent, which is obvious nonsense as lower midwestern English is about as close to unaccented as you can get... =P

On 4/1/2022 at 10:49 PM, Liffguard said:

It always annoys me when they ask if I've met the queen, because I have to say yes, and I don't want to reward that question.

Hahaha I think this about people who will in the future ask if I’ve met the king, if Charles ever makes it LOL, and I’ll have to say yes :lol: which will validate them. 

anyway, been chatting to this fella on Twitter for awhile who is really friendly and nice but I’m like…why are you chatting to me all the time? I’m gonna have to just come out with it and ask him out soon which is scary but I’m feeling a lot more comfortable with myself lately and he just seems interested and friendly which is really nice. 

The Doctor took me to the symphony last night. AMAZING!!! Then a late dinner at a Persian place. Then we went back to his place. Clothing came off. He rose to the occasion. Sexytimes were had.

I’m not sure we are 100% physically compatible. Though this morning was less…quickly done…than last night. 

I will give him more chances, though. First time sex is generally pretty awkward.

Edited by Chataya de Fleury

2 hours ago, Theda Baratheon said:

…anyway, been chatting to this fella on Twitter for awhile who is really friendly and nice but I’m like…why are you chatting to me all the time? I’m gonna have to just come out with it and ask him out soon which is scary but I’m feeling a lot more comfortable with myself lately and he just seems interested and friendly which is really nice. 

Good! Good!!! Yay!!! You need to ask him out.