Dating thread - “OOPS! I Did It Again” edition

Chataya de Fleury

16 hours ago, IheartIheartTesla said:

You folks should try dating with an Indian accent (in the US, I hasten to add. Would be weird if it was a hindrance back in the motherland). I've heard recordings of myself and even I am surprised how thick my accent is, and dismayed by how unsexy it is. Luckily I have a big personality to compensate for it.

About my amazon refund... is probably one of the best ways to annoy folks with an Indian accent in a conversation. :leaving:

On 4/1/2022 at 5:52 PM, Liffguard said:

A couple of dates and one hook-up. The hook-up was someone else who was only in town for a short stay, so it was good not to have to worry about any strings being attached.

Is that how you met the Queen?  

I still haven’t been dating but I’ve had a nice reprieve from coworker awkwardness while he’s been on vacation the past two weeks. One of my other colleagues runs a punk and metal record label and is trying to steer me toward a member of one of the bands on it. Apparently this young man is about to stand trial for punching a white supremacist, which is actually a mark in his favor to me. Still don’t really know that I have time or inclination to be spending on men right now though.

Edited by Fury Resurrected

18 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

Am i the only one who finds the thought of having as much fun as @Chataya de Fleury utterly exhausting? 

:laugh: I am legitimately impressed. Chataya has a busy life and crazy busy job and still has energy to arrange multiple dates. I have a normal eight hour job, working out takes a little over an hour a day, then there are hobbies (spend about an hour a day practicing piano or guitar, just started flying lessons which takes a couple hours a week, boxing a couple hours a week), and I barely have the energy to deal with friends. Even on dating apps I only talk to one person at a time, which everyone says is a bad idea. But I honestly don't have the mental capacity to keep track of more, so kudos to those who do. :bowdown:

Anyway, I'm single again. Broke up with pharmacist last November. Was dating someone new end of December into January, assistant professor at local college, but that faded out. Not a very strong connection, and when I came back from vacation at the end of January it felt like we were done. Then I started seeing a new girl mid-February, that ended last weekend. Good conversation when we met up, good physical chemistry, but when we weren't with each other we didn't really talk. It ended up feeling like I'd force myself to talk to her to arrange the date. I'll probably jump back on dating apps soon, but I'm going to let myself take a break for a couple weeks.

2 hours ago, Red Tiger said:

Sounds like a pretty cool life to me. One I shall strive to emulate.

Only strive to emulate if your potential relationship partners (including best friends) are totally cool with you having to cancel plans or take calls because a random SEC filing has come up or gotten extended or because they auditors or attorneys are calling  at 11:30 pm (because “will get done by EOD” means literally that day). My best friend got really pissed off at me, recently, and I think it was a combination of one cancellation in 10 years plus “spoiling” the fact that Anna Sorokin is in deportation proceedings.

Also, don’t forget that one must deal with cat nannies, the housekeepers, and all the other assorted personnel meant to Keep Your Life In Order while you go off and do god knows what in your spare time.

Also be prepared for a shit ton of disappointment when things don’t work out for one reason or another. Because, inevitably, they do not:

1. The person who is totally sexually compatible turns out to be obnoxious to your friends and colleagues and a completely toxic person.

2. The person who is probably your soulmate is a HARD NO GO, DO NOT TOUCH because of professional obligations.

3. The person who is relationship compatible may not be not be sexually compatible.

4. Pool boys are indeed in short supply. Supply chain issues. 

50 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

That was at a time long gone, sometimes referred to by the elders as BC. Before Children.

Mine is 24, so he’s the logistics expert (takes cats to vets, calls the plumber) and primary cat nanny. Most expensive cat nanny ever, since I’m paying his student loans at $1k/month.

I have a date with a new guy on Tuesday…we shall see what transpires.

According to some quantum theories, there are multiple universes (some say infinite) in which all different outcomes are possible. In this multiverse there could even be a universe in which one single individual has all the attributes you are looking for. If we were to make a movie about this, we could call it "Lady Limpwood and the multiverse of hardness"

1 hour ago, IheartIheartTesla said:

According to some quantum theories, there are multiple universes (some say infinite) in which all different outcomes are possible. In this multiverse there could even be a universe in which one single individual has all the attributes you are looking for. If we were to make a movie about this, we could call it "Lady Limpwood and the multiverse of hardness"

Sadly, that is what my One Likely True Love has said. In Fionavar.

FML, I texted He Should Not Be Texted. Him, the Ex. OH GOD WHAT HATH I WROUGHT.

Edited by Chataya de Fleury

2 hours ago, IheartIheartTesla said:

I can guarantee you there's no alternative universe in which I am the best singer on the planet, so put that to bed.

33 minutes ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

Sadly, that is what my One Likely True Love has said. In Fionavar.

FML, I texted He Should Not Be Texted. Him, the Ex. OH GOD WHAT HATH I WROUGHT.

I'm not mad at you Chats, just...disappointed. :P

Edited by Tywin et al.

16 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I can guarantee you there's no alternative universe in which I am the best singer on the planet, so put that to bed.

I'm not made at you Chats, just...disappointed. :P

Uuuurg, so was Zabs. 

You all shall grab fainting couches, as shall I, because god knows what can happen. Especially with Tuesday New Date, Doctor wanting to go escape somewhere for the weekend, Frat Bro texting me, and Scuba Diver stating so many things, oh my.

AAAAAUGH

12 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

While that may be too much to ask even for an infinite number of universes, there will be one in which you think you are the best singer on the planet, and that is enough.

(Also one where I have an international sex credit card aka posh British accent)

Accents are interesting. Everyone in the UK thinks I sound American ( I've concluded that the english can't discern accents), no one in the US thought I sounded American.

To me, I have a very neutral Indian accent cause I've lived everywhere.

Have a date tomorrow with someone that works for the medical council which means mans has to be on his best behaviour :ph34r:

Edited by Raja