Dating thread - “OOPS! I Did It Again” edition

Chataya de Fleury

19 hours ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

Only strive to emulate if your potential relationship partners (including best friends) are totally cool with you having to cancel plans or take calls because a random SEC filing has come up or gotten extended or because they auditors or attorneys are calling  at 11:30 pm (because “will get done by EOD” means literally that day). My best friend got really pissed off at me, recently, and I think it was a combination of one cancellation in 10 years plus “spoiling” the fact that Anna Sorokin is in deportation proceedings. Acceptable terms.

Also, don’t forget that one must deal with cat nannies, the housekeepers, and all the other assorted personnel meant to Keep Your Life In Order while you go off and do god knows what in your spare time. Cool.

Also be prepared for a shit ton of disappointment when things don’t work out for one reason or another. Because, inevitably, they do not:

1. The person who is totally sexually compatible turns out to be obnoxious to your friends and colleagues and a completely toxic person. That's okay, there are other people.

2. The person who is probably your soulmate is a HARD NO GO, DO NOT TOUCH because of professional obligations. That's fine, not looking for a soulmate.

3. The person who is relationship compatible may not be not be sexually compatible. That's cool, not looking for a relationship.

4. Pool boys are indeed in short supply. Supply chain issues. That's ok, not into guys.

Edited by Red Tiger

2 hours ago, IheartIheartTesla said:

While that may be too much to ask even for an infinite number of universes, there will be one in which you think you are the best singer on the planet, and that is enough.

I have no absolutely no trouble imagining plenty of universes where Ty thinks he's the best at pretty much everything.

7 hours ago, IheartIheartTesla said:

While that may be too much to ask even for an infinite number of universes, there will be one in which you think you are the best singer on the planet, and that is enough.

(Also one where I have an international sex credit card aka posh British accent)

Nah, my only chance would be to become the worlds best DJ and call it singing. And in that case, I need to build a portal to find this version of myself and shoot him. 

5 hours ago, DMC said:

I have no absolutely no trouble imagining plenty of universes where Ty thinks he's the best at pretty much everything.

Psh, you only need this one. 

Uuuuurg, tonight’s date was meh.

But I a separate matter, Former Audit Partner invited me to his place in either Florida or NYC. We have had a long-standing flirtation after he left the firm.

Edited by Chataya de Fleury

On 4/4/2022 at 3:55 PM, A Horse Named Stranger said:

That was at a time long gone, sometimes referred to by the elders as BC. Before Children.

You can have kids and still get out there, you just have to be creative with scheduling and have a really unbalanced life - I had a time of craziness and very little sleep with a toddler and grade schooler when I was dating 3 ladies and my partner.

Coming out of a COVID thaw - seeing Ms. M every two weeks, and a wild ex texted me out of the blue, letting me know she is single, wanted to see how life was treating me.  I likely probably could only see her 1-2x a month, but am really feeling like I need to make up for time in the quarantine and time spent fruitlessly on the apps.

On 3/18/2022 at 9:29 PM, Buckwheat said:

Dating aside, this is a good thing! It means they trust you with personal topics and feel you are somebody they can talk to. :)

Yeah, this one class at the very least. Maybe because I look roughly their age? I just feel like it's weird when I try my best to keep my distance.

Had to come back to reply to this because this continued recently with one girl gushing to me about how she's now dating with a stranger who literally just walked up to her and asked her number.

First thought: That is a thing that happens? Admittedly, she spoke about it like it's a super rare thing, but still.

Second thought: I would think the common response to something like that would be either "I already got a boyfriend" or just a kick in the nuts.

I guess just another sign that I'm having wrong expectations about how stuff like this works, but then again, her main argument was that he's both tall and confident, so...

Edited by Toth

41 minutes ago, Toth said:

Had to come back to reply to this because this continued recently with one girl gushing to me about how she's now dating with a stranger who literally just walked up to her and asked her number.

First thought: That is a thing that happens? Admittedly, she spoke about it like it's a super rare thing, but still.

Second thought: I would think the common response to something like that would be either "I already got a boyfriend" or just a kick in the nuts.

I guess just another sign that I'm having wrong expectations about how stuff like this works, but then again, her main argument was that he's both tall and confident, so...

This sort of thing absolutely does happen. I’ve had guys come up to me and hand me their phone numbers at Target or Home Depot. It’s not very often, maybe once every few years (mostly, they try the conversation route before offering a phone number).

I do know that German culture is very different, though, and this would be exceedingly rare to happen in Germany.

1 hour ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

This sort of thing absolutely does happen. I’ve had guys come up to me and hand me their phone numbers at Target or Home Depot. It’s not very often, maybe once every few years (mostly, they try the conversation route before offering a phone number).

I do know that German culture is very different, though, and this would be exceedingly rare to happen in Germany.

Judging from your posting history, I wager the guess that you are a special case and wait for someone else to give additional confirmation.

Edited by Toth

56 minutes ago, Toth said:

Judging from your posting history, I wager the guess that you are a special case and wait for someone else to give additional confirmation.

You need to move to Newcastle if you want propositioned. I've had people open with 'you are coming back to my hotel tonight and fucking me'. Nothing so subtle as giving someone your phone number. 

6 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

You need to move to Newcastle if you want propositioned. I've had people open with 'you are coming back to my hotel tonight and fucking me'. Nothing so subtle as giving someone your phone number. 

A guy I knew in college would just walk up to girls at parties and ask "Wanna fuck?" Despite being a good looking guy he was normally turned down, but persistence was a strong suit of his and eventually it would work.

5 hours ago, Fury Resurrected said:

YBD has asked that I go to therapy with him. He has not gotten vaccinated, he has not gone to therapy himself, nor has he even apologized- but he thinks we can work this out. Which I guess means he thinks he can make me change my mind without making any changes to the actual reasons I broke up with him.

You have to admire his persistance and bloody mindedness if nothing else. 

5 hours ago, Fury Resurrected said:

YBD has asked that I go to therapy with him. He has not gotten vaccinated, he has not gone to therapy himself, nor has he even apologized- but he thinks we can work this out. Which I guess means he thinks he can make me change my mind without making any changes to the actual reasons I broke up with him.

Probably thinks that you are being unreasonable and that therapy might "fix" you. :bang:

8 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

A guy I knew in college would just walk up to girls at parties and ask "Wanna fuck?" Despite being a good looking guy he was normally turned down, but persistence was a strong suit of his and eventually it would work.

Your college mate had seen MASH (the Robert Altman movie, not the series) then.

On 4/8/2022 at 10:22 AM, Toth said:

This sweet summer child is still at an age where being asked out by random strangers is thrilling rather than the nuisance it may ultimately become. At that point she will default to the kick in the nuts approach or its metaphorical equivalent ('I already have a boyfriend' or giving out a fake 555 number). Or the trope in movies/tv shows here in the US, involving making out with some other female.

Edited by IheartIheartTesla

On 4/5/2022 at 11:25 PM, Chataya de Fleury said:

Uuuuurg, tonight’s date was meh.

But I a separate matter, Former Audit Partner invited me to his place in either Florida or NYC. We have had a long-standing flirtation after he left the firm.

We probably don't need to give Former Audit Partner what would be, apparently, an unfortunate acronym.    

1 hour ago, Larry of the Lake said:

We probably don't need to give Former Audit Partner what would be, apparently, an unfortunate acronym.    

Indeed, we do not. 

The weekend getaway with Doctor went extraordinarily well except for getting food poisoning. Food poisoning sucks. 

I took some toys along to assist in sexytimes. The toys were looked upon favorably and not rejected. Also, he says he can tie me up, so he might be a keeper.

I’m pretty sure he still wants to go out with me again, despite seeing me doubled over, vomiting, on the side of the road. 

Edited by Chataya de Fleury

1 hour ago, Larry of the Lake said:

Chats said she likes risk managers who presumably do investment .... stuff, and if they are retired, that makes them a Former Investment Risk Manager *mind blown*

Apologies if this is how you came up with the nickname for your ex rather than his non-medically sustained erections.

3 minutes ago, IheartIheartTesla said:

Chats said she likes risk managers who presumably do investment .... stuff, and if they are retired, that makes them a Former Investment Risk Manager *mind blown*

Apologies if this is how you came up with the nickname for your ex rather than his non-medically sustained erections.

No, it really was his non-medically sustained erections :rofl:

And while I do miss that member, I realize exactly how bad its owner treated me. And Doctor has treated me very well :) He is (of course) a Republican (because we are in the South) but not a crazy one, and he respects my viewpoints. He is also of the mindset that “agreeing to disagree” is the mature way to handle these issues. 

Madame Love Dart above is trying to encourage me into having a three way with someone who is already cheating on her husband.

Which is funny because I just said the other day ask to fuck and see what the results are can work.