Dating thread - “OOPS! I Did It Again” edition

52 minutes ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

Tell us mooooaaar

If you insist...its a bore really

She's an artiste of various fields and aced her high school exams while I ended up with 80% (not bad but used to be a prodigy of sorts so expectations were higher than Mauna Kea/Loa from the sea bed) so I got to be consoled and all. I can hear the sniggers, but it's a big deal for a nub like me. Maybe 5 years from now I'll be chuckling at myself now.

15 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

In five years you will tell the story how you tanked your highschool exams for a girl on purpose.

You just have to tell the story right. ;)

Only if she's a romantic. Pragmatic girls will scoff me to oblivion

45 minutes ago, HoodedCrow said:

Do a Mensa test and show them your big score:), if applicable. It is a club that can be used for dating if you choose to or not.

I dont want to belong to any club that will have me as its member - Groucho Marx

(I dont usually quote commies, but when I do, its always the funny ones)

Edited by IheartIheartTesla

Well I don’t much like white supremacists, or people who like Atlas Shrugged, so it seems fair. But then again, fairness is a quality highly associated with progressive liberals and is how they can be manipulated by the press.

2 hours ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Is this the story with the restraining order? :leaving:

Dunno what you're talking about.  It's Jesse Watters' story on how he got his current wife.

6 hours ago, DMC said:

As long as you didn't deflate her tires in order to offer her a ride home, you're good.

:laugh: You're giving me ideas man!

6 hours ago, HoodedCrow said:

Do a Mensa test and show them your big score:), if applicable. It is a club that can be used for dating if you choose to or not.

It's expensive and intelligent people may turn out to be like Zuckerberg in his biopic. But noted!

5 hours ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Is this the story with the restraining order? :leaving:

At least they don't have that here lol

9 hours ago, DMC said:

Dunno what you're talking about.  It's Jesse Watters' story on how he got his current wife.

Flattening the tires of your love interest's car sounds like a way that is as likely to get you a restraining order as a date. Just saying. And you made it sound like you tried, with the less desirable outcome.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

News update from my favorite wine bar -

One of the bartenders at My Favorite Wine Bar was really good friends with Firm. Until…Firm’s slide into alcoholism became clear (like, there is a switch that flips when he’s had too many, and he gets mean. And he has Too Many on a daily basis now), and Firm got back together with his Drama Llama ex girlfriend who was really unstable and just milking Firm for money.

All Firm’s neighbors hate her. They are really concerned about him. 

I am just soooooo glad to be away from that.

ETA - I was a little surprised to see he’d disconnected from me on LinkedIn, but I suppose it’s for the best.

ETA2 - my favorite Mexican restaurant - also walking distance - has had Questions and tut-tutting and have said that He Looks Angry All the Time and She is Not a Good Person. 

Edited by Chataya de Fleury

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't want to distract front he MBTI thread but I have been swiping left on anyone with their MBTI or Enneagram or whatever personality type in their bio for years and life is good.  Same goes with "I'm a type A personality" or "I don't do drama".