Dating thread - “OOPS! I Did It Again” edition

Chataya de Fleury

27 minutes ago, Raja said:

This is the way.

I’m an ENTJ….I’m also an Aquarius. 

Things are still going well with The Doctor. We are going to Napa for his birthday at the beginning of September. It’s going to be him and his friends and his friends’ girlfriends.

This makes him a Virgo, btw :rofl:

Now, I’m going to Google “Virgo-Aquarius romance” and hopefully not be disappointed.

ETA - I’m disappointed. Fuck astrology, maybe his MBTI is more matchy-matchy :D

Edited by Chataya de Fleury

1 hour ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

I’m an ENTJ….I’m also an Aquarius.

Chataya de Fleury -- and, I suspect, a Ravenclaw. Forget MBTI and astrology; your ideal match would be a Slytherin; press your boyfriend to take the Harry Potter (sorting hat) online test. Anytime, and, you're welcome.

21 minutes ago, IheartIheartTesla said:

You slide into their DMs (is that what it's called? I'm old} with the old, "Hello, nice to meet you, my name is Drama" schtick.

Swim in Johnny Drama's wake at your own peril. 

On 8/24/2022 at 4:15 PM, Chataya de Fleury said:

I’m an ENTJ.

Chataya de Fleury -- based on my analysis, I've determined your strengths and flaws based on all three of your posts I've read; assessment in bold.

DESCRIPTION.

The ENTJ personality type is that of a natural leader. People with this personality are gifted with charisma. ENTJs tend to be ruthless with their logic and rationality, discarding emotions and feelings for drive and determination. Someone with an ENTJ personality will seek out meaningful debates and deep discussions over small talk and silence. They want to be always moving, always leading, and always in control. A bit intimidating, tbh.

STRENGTHS

inspirational; charismatic -- mostly correct.

unique parenting structure -- mostly correct.

strong-willed people -- moderately correct.

thinks strategically -- mildly correct.

FLAWS

logic over emotion -- moderately correct.

ruthless -- mildly correct.

jingoism -- mostly correct.

stubborn -- moderately correct.

23 hours ago, Wade1865 said:

STRENGTHS

inspirational; charismatic -- mostly correct.

unique parenting structure -- mostly correct.

strong-willed people -- moderately correct.

thinks strategically -- mildly correct.

FLAWS

logic over emotion -- moderately correct.

ruthless -- mildly correct.

jingoism -- mostly correct.

stubborn -- moderately correct.

I’ll respond in order, of course :)

1. You are quite kind for this compliment. Thank you!

2. I would say that this is correct; I have always rejected the “helicopter parenting” that is so prevalent and has been over the last however-many years.

3. Strong-willed and stubborn are two sides of the same coin, and I’ve been absolutely told that this is one of my…character flaws. “Like a pit bull” said a Senior Manager, with the intent to try and make Young Senior Accountant Chataya cry. Asshole.

4. Strategic thinking…on things that are important to me. Career, relationships, yes. I have been accused of being “calculating” by at least one ex-boyfriend. And I do look at the endgame in a relationship.  Doesn’t everyone?

5-6. refer to Zabz’s commentary. She is being kind, and I’ll take that. The same former Senior Manager had some incredibly unkind things to say about his view of my uh, “lack of hesitation to throw anyone under the bus”. I honestly do not remember what I did to piss that guy off so much. And Dudebro also completely f—-cked me over with his very negative review of my performance that he released to HR literally five minutes before he left the firm. Bastard. I do, however, smile and the cold cockles of my heart glow warmly every time I think about how his career went down the drain quite precipitously in recent years, while mine has done quite well. I was also able to get him onto a recruiter’s DO NOT HIRE list because of his douchebaggery of 15 years ago. 

7. I must slightly object to your evaluation on “jingoism” because I’m not one of those people who go around chanting “USA! USA!” If Belgium were still the pre-eminent financial center of the world, I would be singing the praises of Belgium’s capital markets and the florin’s status as the world’s reserve currency :) 

56 minutes ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

7. I must slightly object to your evaluation on “jingoism” because I’m not one of those people who go around chanting “USA! USA!” If Belgium were still the pre-eminent financial center of the world, I would be singing the praises of Belgium’s capital markets and the florin’s status as the world’s reserve currency :) 

Chataya de Fleury -- ooo, wow ...  you're awesome, really made my day! As I said, I remember you and the others from way back, circa 05-07? (but not all the way back to the original board, before my time). I moved a lot so most people wouldn't understand that I see everyone here as an anchor. People just don't understand.

Actually, reading your post reminded me of those person appreciation threads, hahaha. Oh, and the utter chaos; it was pure chaos. I take issue with point 7, but I'll let it slide this one time.

I've realized my awful texting habits are not conducive to meeting someone on dating apps! For my close friends & family, I feel like texting is just a way to make plans to meet up as opposed to having full conversations through texting, obviously with the apps I realize that it is different but people are *not* pleased that I haven't responded for 1-2 day.

All that being said, date this wednesday with someone with a terrible work schedule too, should be fun!