Dating thread - “OOPS! I Did It Again” edition

Chataya de Fleury

10 minutes ago, Liffguard said:

Eh, I'll consider it once my brain stops trying to break out of my skull with a jackhammer.

On the one hand, it has the potential to be grenade dropped into the middle of my social life. On the other hand, I've lost count of the number of potential matches I've talked myself out of due to possible messiness. Maybe time to break that pattern.

At this point in my life (67) I sincerely regret not having thrown more grenades.

5 minutes ago, kiko said:

Better than my decision to marry the grenade. 

You know, when I wrote that I thought about the fact the grenades could cause damage. You definitely have to know when to throw the grenade.

However, being a grenade is not anything I have ever wanted.

Welp, we're getting a beer on Thursday. Not explicitly a date or anything, guess we'll see what happens.

I also maybe get the impression that my ex (who is still a good friend) is kind of pushing me towards this as well? But that could also just be me totally misreading the situation. Wouldn't be the first time. I need better social calibration.

Edit: relevant information. I did in fact go out on a couple of dates with ex's sister several years before ex and I got together, so it's not like this is totally out of the blue. But it still feels weird given the changed circumstances.

Edited by Liffguard

11 hours ago, Liffguard said:

Edit: relevant information. I did in fact go out on a couple of dates with ex's sister several years before ex and I got together, so it's not like this is totally out of the blue. But it still feels weird given the changed circumstances.

Sounds like there's really not a lot of lines to cross that haven't been crossed already. 

Make your own read, and no idea how you and first sister ended, but if the first sister doesn't seem to be actively against you two, then that might even be tacit approval.

On the other hand, there are literally billions of women in the world that aren't your ex's sister.

Edited by mcbigski

Decided ahead of time that I just found it all too weird. Didn't cancel, but just treated it as a catch up with a friend. She didn't try to escalate either. So no grenades thrown and no bridges burned. Best outcome I could reasonably hope for TBH 

Edit: how the hell do you get rid of an accidental quote box on mobile?

Edited by Liffguard

12 minutes ago, Liffguard said:

Edit: how the hell do you get rid of an accidental quote box on mobile?

Only way I've found is to copy the part of the post you want to preserve, leave the page, come back, click in the reply box, and then click on the "clear previous content" (or maybe "clear editor"?) link that shows in the box.  

Edited by Larry of the Lake

4 hours ago, Liffguard said:

Decided ahead of time that I just found it all too weird. Didn't cancel, but just treated it as a catch up with a friend. She didn't try to escalate either. So no grenades thrown and no bridges burned. Best outcome I could reasonably hope for TBH 

Damn it, I was hoping for something juicy.

Oh, fuck. Just had a convo that ended up on vaccine mandates that didn’t turn out well. I said that if anyone didn’t like the military’s vaccine mandates or a company’s vaccine mandates that they could resign….and he, ah,  thought the best way to end the conversation was to be really bitchy about that. “Because it’s all the liberals’ fault”. 

He tried to tie it to the right to an abortion in the US. I said, “yeah, in many places there is that constrained right, but there are constraints, and no matter what, I don’t have to pay for it.” Same concept - not my money, and a lot of restrictions if you do use your money.

Yeah, so much for not having political discussions :bang: 

I don’t want to live in an echo chamber. I don’t. It’s a lack of “agree to disagree” that I find disturbing.

Edited by Chataya de Fleury

16 minutes ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

It’s a lack of “agree to disagree” that I find disturbing.

Where's the line though? There's probably no way I could date a right wing Christian at this point. Been there, done that back when they were still halfway reasonable.

If a date told me she watches Tucker Carlson regularly that would probably be the last night I'd see her, and I can say that because I was going on a great date with a woman who looked like a curvy Sandra Bullock years ago until I had a record scratch moment when she said she was a big fan of Michele Bachmann. Oh well, at least it was a fun one night stand. 

1 hour ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

Oh, fuck. Just had a convo that ended up on vaccine mandates that didn’t turn out well. I said that if anyone didn’t like the military’s vaccine mandates or a company’s vaccine mandates that they could resign….and he, ah,  thought the best way to end the conversation was to be really bitchy about that. “Because it’s all the liberals’ fault”. 

He tried to tie it to the right to an abortion in the US. I said, “yeah, in many places there is that constrained right, but there are constraints, and no matter what, I don’t have to pay for it.” Same concept - not my money, and a lot of restrictions if you do use your money.

Yeah, so much for not having political discussions :bang: 

I don’t want to live in an echo chamber. I don’t. It’s a lack of “agree to disagree” that I find disturbing.

Ugh this guy is such a douche. That better be some life ruining dick to compensate for how disrespectful he is

1 hour ago, Fury Resurrected said:

Ugh this guy is such a douche. That better be some life ruining dick to compensate for how disrespectful he is

Uuurg, it’s good, it’s really good, but it’s not earth-shattering dick.

On the other hand, its goddamn RELIABLE, which is the only reliable dick coming up (LITERALLY) since I broke up with W, last March. I don’t care if they are 35 or 65, men who can get it up are now rare tokens :/ 

The 35s are more about “uh, I find you intimidating” and the ones over a certain age just can’t reliably get it up :/ And I don’t mean to be intimidating, I apparently just can be. ? Ridiculous because there are many women who are much more successful than I am. MANY.

Edited by Chataya de Fleury

1 hour ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

Uuurg, it’s good, it’s really good, but it’s not earth-shattering dick.

On the other hand, its goddamn RELIABLE, which is the only reliable dick coming up (LITERALLY) since I broke up with W, last March. I don’t care if they are 35 or 65, men who can get it up are now rare tokens :/ 

The 35s are more about “uh, I find you intimidating” and the ones over a certain age just can’t reliably get it up :/ And I don’t mean to be intimidating, I apparently just can be. ? Ridiculous because there are many women who are much more successful than I am. MANY.

You’re not intimidating, they’re intimidated. ❤️

Well, Firm went batshit on me last night and left me in a hotel In Atlanta after getting super trashed and very angry. I hope he Ubered home and came back to pick up his car today. I have to Uber to my car.

He was really insulting when he left - called the front desk and told them that he was checking out but leaving his guest and that I was responsible for any room charges after that time.

I was like, “what in the hell?”

So, that does it. I’m done. 

The really depressing thing is that I’m way too busy to find the next thing. Dating is work, and I don’t have time for the online stuff right now.

Look on the bright side, eventually we get to enjoy a new installment of the Lady Limpwood adventures. Those were at least funny little tales, that made everyone feel betterish - except for the male protagonists - being soft is the hardest part, or with the supposedly..., nah. 

I mean the firm drama was rather sad to read. I mean your most ardent readers and fans wanted that chapter to be over.