Dating thread - “OOPS! I Did It Again” edition

My date with the nice Canadian (somehow, this phrase seems redundant) was good!!! He is a complete gentleman and super smart. He is a former SVP - Chief Operating Officer at a global publicly traded company in Atlanta. He left at the end of 2019 and is now working at a start-up. Has a condo in Atlanta and a house in Palm Springs, California.

He’s not pretty like my typical man, and he’s a bit heavier set, but looks aren’t everything.

31 minutes ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

My date with the nice Canadian (somehow, this phrase seems redundant) was good!!! He is a complete gentleman and super smart. He is a former SVP - Chief Operating Officer at a global publicly traded company in Atlanta. He left at the end of 2019 and is now working at a start-up. Has a condo in Atlanta and a house in Palm Springs, California.

He’s not pretty like my typical man, and he’s a bit heavier set, but looks aren’t everything.

Trading aesthetics for “functionality”?

And not being a fucking douche?

Edited by Derfel Cadarn

My dating stories are pretty lame these days.

My special lady friend and I are going to my parents' for corned beef and cabbage tomorrow.  My mother being the Mc in mcbigski.   And probably some Double Black Zinfindel, if my parents stay consistent.  Then going to the neighborhood bar to watch Uconn's first tournament game.

We've only been dating since about when Ty said I was taking the wrong approach back in September or so.  Maybe he doesn't know what it's like to be suffused with so much intoxicating masculinity.  Don't get me wrong, I don't appeal to everyone, but compared to teen aged me, middle aged me is doing just fine thank you.

On 3/13/2022 at 2:12 PM, Chataya de Fleury said:

and a house in Palm Springs, California.

Hope you like golf. Text which gated community he's in so I can judge the shit out of him!!!

:P

43 minutes ago, mcbigski said:

We've only been dating since about when Ty said I was taking the wrong approach back in September or so.  Maybe he doesn't know what it's like to be suffused with so much intoxicating masculinity.  Don't get me wrong, I don't appeal to everyone, but compared to teen aged me, middle aged me is doing just fine thank you.

Not sure this is the brag you think it is, Mr. Third Place.

*looks glowingly at my Pick'em Championship*

12 hours ago, mcbigski said:

My dating stories are pretty lame these days…

Don’t worry; I shall keep you all entertained.

I’m getting so very close to some work deadlines, after which, I will be able to go to the gym…and Johnny’s Hideaway (which Firm called a hotbed of sin :rofl:)…and maybe pick up a pool boy here and there.

Boy Toy (some might remember him from 8 years ago) and I have been in touch, and I think he’s getting close to breaking up with his girlfriend of three years.

I wish you all the best with your Fairly New Lady, McBigski :D

4 hours ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

Don’t worry; I shall keep you all entertained.

I’m getting so very close to some work deadlines, after which, I will be able to go to the gym…and Johnny’s Hideaway (which Firm called a hotbed of sin :rofl:)…and maybe pick up a pool boy here and there.

Boy Toy (some might remember him from 8 years ago) and I have been in touch, and I think he’s getting close to breaking up with his girlfriend of three years.

I wish you all the best with your Fairly New Lady, McBigski :D

Are you the female James Bond?

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, IheartIheartTesla said:

No one else was thinking about Dua Lipa's New Rules song? Just me then? 

Well, the music video of the 20-somethings  can teach this old cat. Those young ladies seem to have things under control.

I saw him tonight. My heart broke; I miss his cats, especially my Belle. He was on the balcony of a bar I thought he hated. I was walking back in to a corporate event on the main floor. Our eyes met and we waved hello. And that was that. I went back to my event; he probably went home or wherever.

MY BELLE. Such a good cat. Last time I saw her, she tried to dig her claws in to not let me go. But it was very calculated, it was just enough claw to be like “not letting go” and not digging in.

I walked home and told my son. He said “what do you expect, mom, the alcoholic was at a bar.”

I didn’t really want to tell my kid  that I kind of want to ninja Firm’s 4 cats and have 6 total.

Edited by Chataya de Fleury

1 hour ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

Well, the music video of the 20-somethings  can teach this old cat. Those young ladies seem to have things under control.

I saw him tonight. My heart broke; I miss his cats, especially my Belle. He was on the balcony of a bar I thought he hated. I was walking back in to a corporate event on the main floor. Our eyes met and we waved hello. And that was that. I went back to my event; he probably went home or wherever.

MY BELLE. Such a good cat. Last time I saw her, she tried to dig her claws in to not let me go. But it was very calculated, it was just enough claw to be like “not letting go” and not digging in.

I walked home and told my son. He said “what do you expect, mom, the alcoholic was at a bar.”

I didn’t really want to tell my kid  that I kind of want to ninja Firm’s 4 cats and have 6 total.

He definitely doesn’t deserve any cats

21 hours ago, Fury Resurrected said:

He definitely doesn’t deserve any cats

Truth. 

SO - happier things…Canadian Consultant video-called me from Palm Springs. He will, of course, be playing golf this weekend, @Tywin et al. :rofl: As well as going to Indian Wells.

He then called a few hours later just to tell me goodnight :)

He will text me when he gets back to ATL on 3/23. We will be making plans for Date 2. He will be here for a few months.

8 hours ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

Truth. 

SO - happier things…Canadian Consultant video-called me from Palm Springs. He will, of course, be playing golf this weekend, @Tywin et al. :rofl: As well as going to Indian Wells.

He then called a few hours later just to tell me goodnight :)

He will text me when he gets back to ATL on 3/23. We will be making plans for Date 2. He will be here for a few months.

Of course he is well mannered and polite. He is Canadian.

16 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Dating aside, this is a good thing! It means they trust you with personal topics and feel you are somebody they can talk to. :)

Altho, I hope the next question they'd ask old toth is:

Warum liegt hier Stroh?

I'll leave the explanation for that remark to toth, or to your google skills. :P:leaving:

10 hours ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Altho, I hope the next question they'd ask old toth is:

Warum liegt hier Stroh?

I'll leave the explanation for that remark to toth, or to your google skills. :P:leaving:

Where is the straw? I kind of saw something on You Tube which didn’t make sense…