So...the Masseys were from the Great Empire of the Dawn too.

Wolfcrow

Very often and for many years now, there is the theory that Hightowers and Daynes are houses founded by people from tGEotD. And tbh, I agree with these theories too, but there is another house that makes sense to be from Dawn, House Massey.

The house is an ancient house, founded by Maldon Massey (vassal of the Storm King Durran the Ravenfriend, so pretty early on). Their seat's name is Stonedance and their sigil is a triple spiral; red, green and blue, on white.

The Velaryons of Driftmark were sworn to House Targaryen, as were the Celtigars of Claw Isle. From Massey’s Hook came Lord Bar Emmon of Sharp Point and Lord Massey of Stonedance, both sworn to Storm’s End, but with closer ties to Dragonstone.

This is pretty weird, but lets say that they were closer and had ties with the Targaryens, but still I find it pretty weird that they were supporting them, before the conquest. Mostly, because in the world book on many occasions, is pointed that they did't like having an overlord, let alone a King with dragons. Another thing commented in the world book and in fire&blood many times, is their ties to dragonstone.

Daemon Velaryon, Lord of the Tides, was made master of ships, in command of the royal fleet. Triston Massey, Lord of Stonedance, was named master of laws, Crispian Celtigar master of coin.

Bar Emmon is the only house that didn't get a seat in the small counsil and we don't see them again, at least not in important events. On the other side the other non-Valyrian house, Masseys are constantly in close proximity to the Targaryens with many of them having a seat in the small counsil. Lord Lucifer (also, the name) Massey, Lord of Stonedance stood for King Maegor I Targaryen, in his trial of seven and Ladies Elinda Massey, and Elinor Massey were lady-in-waiting for Rhaenyra Targaryen and a marriage candidate for King Aegon III Targaryen respectively. And this brings us to their apperance. Not only Lady Elinor was considered as a wife, but we had other women of the house considered great beauties and getting married to house Velaryon, a house that, too, had a really close bloodline, bc they tried to keep it pure for Targaryens. We know that Hightowers were married into the Targaryen tree, possibly because of their appearance and their political power, but Masseys?

The Storm King was embroiled in his own wars at the time, attempting to reconquer Massey’s Hook from its infamous pirate king, Justin Milk-Eye, whilst fending off the incursions of the Dornish king Olyvar Yronwood.

She had been a beautiful child, all men agreed, the daughter of the mighty Aethan Velaryon, Lord of the Tides, and his lady wife Alarra of House Massey. Her line was ancient, proud, and rich, her mother esteemed as a great beauty, her grandsire amongst the oldest and closest friends of Aegon the Dragon and his queens. The gods blessed Alyssa herself with the deep purple eyes and shining silvery hair of Old Valyria, and gave her charm and wit and kindness as well, and as she grew suitors flocked around her from every corner of the realm. There was never any true question of whom she would wed, however. For a girl such as her, only royalty would suffice, and in the year 22 AC she married Prince Aenys Targaryen, the unquestioned heir to the Iron Throne.

The Velaryons came from old Valyrian stock, however, and some had the same silvery hair as the dragonkings of old.

Lord Albin, with his limp and twisted back, would strike the ignorant as somehow sinister.

Ser Justin called upon her cart half a dozen times that first day, to bring her food and drink and tidings of the march. A man of easy smiles and endless japes, large and well fleshed, with pink cheeks, blue eyes, and a wind-tossed tangle of white-blond hair as pale as flax, he was a considerate gaoler, ever solicitous of his captive’s comfort.

• First, Milk-Eye gives a hint about really light eyes.
  • Second, Allyssa, why Allyssa had purple eyes? She was blessed by the gods, because none of her parents had purple eyes and this is weird as shit. Velaryons don't have purple eyes, members of the house that had purple eyes were offsprings of a Velaryon-Targaryen relationship. Leanor got the eyes from his mother ,according to Archmaester Gyldayn, the origin of Addam and Alyn, remains a matter of dispute among historians to this day. Their mother, Marilda of Hull, claimed they were fathered by Ser Laenor Velaryon, but this is a fact that many found remarkable due to Laenor's known sexual preference for men. Addam was a dragon rider too, so they were probably fathered by a Targaryen. And that leave us with Allys and a big ?
  • Third, apparently they have some deformed members too.
  • Fourth, the main character from the house in our story, Justin, is also white blonde, pale blue eyed member and many people comment or/and think about it.

All, in all, I don't think as a house will be, that usefull in the future. Their history is mostly to give more information and background.Their sigil connects the three colours that we identify with the three main magical forces in our story. And Stonedance, gives us the main link that connect all forms of magic, the stone. Gemstone emperors, fused stone, the oily stone, bless him with stone, weirwoods turn to stone, the star that BS worshipped and the star that Daynes used to forge Dawn, even dragonglass is a volcanic glass you need both earth and fire since it's magmatic rock/felsic lava. Stone in our story many times is used as a way to saw us that magic is no longer there, like the dead weirwoods, the dragonglass used to kill the others, the stone eggs, but on the other side it keeps the magic still, until it's time to return. The eggs hatched, the weirwood, maybe dead, but the ravens are there, the oily stone and fused stone constractions thoughout the know world and all these stories about stone warriors and stone giants and statues turn to life when there is need.

Edit: Gormon Massey was among dragon seeds, and tried to ride a dragon. And my question is why? Was he that stupid or was there a possibility he could, bc his brother tried too.

6 minutes ago, Forward-Speaker-5979 said:

This is pretty weird, but lets say that they were closer and had ties with the Targaryens, but still I find it pretty weird that they were supporting them, before the conquest. Mostly, because in the world book on many occasions, is pointed that they did't like having an overlord, let alone a King with dragons. Another thing commented in the world book and in fire&blood many times, is their ties to dragonstone.

The Kingdom of the Storm was in decline and Stonedance and Sharp Point are much closer to Dragonstone than to Storm's End, so I don't think it's weird they joined Aegon.

14 minutes ago, Forward-Speaker-5979 said:

Bar Emmon is the only house that didn't get a seat in the small counsil and we don't see them again, at least not in important events.

This could indicate they weren't just that important.

29 minutes ago, Forward-Speaker-5979 said:

We know that Hightowers were married into the Targaryen tree, possibly because of their appearance and their political power

It's never indicated the Targaryens married Hightowers because of their looks. Maegor married Ceryse for power and to please the Faith and Viserys I married for love. 

22 minutes ago, Forward-Speaker-5979 said:

why Allyssa had purple eyes? She was blessed by the gods, because none of her parents had purple eyes and this is weird as shit. Velaryons don't have purple eyes

That's a bold assumption given the lack of description for the Velaryons of that time. The Masseys seem to have pale and blue eyes, so it only makes sense for the Velaryons to have the purple ones. They were still closely related to the Targaryens after all.

26 minutes ago, Forward-Speaker-5979 said:

the origin of Addam and Alyn, remains a matter of dispute among historians to this day. Their mother, Marilda of Hull, claimed they were fathered by Ser Laenor Velaryon, but this is a fact that many found remarkable due to Laenor's known sexual preference for men. Addam was a dragon rider too, so they were probably fathered by a Targaryen.

In my opinion it's pretty clear they were fathered by Corly Velaryon. Otherwise there wouldn't have been any reason for him to make them his heirs.

11 hours ago, The Wondering Wolf said:

It's never indicated the Targaryens married Hightowers because of their looks. Maegor married Ceryse for power and to please the Faith and Viserys I married for love. 

There where other Hightowers in the tree,men and women. We know that Targaryens were carefull about their blood mixing, there were point that they didn't care about status as far as they had Valyrian traits, at least as close to Valyrians as possible. We don't know about Hightowers specificly, but they are one of the few houses that had more than one marrieges with Targaryens. 

That's a bold assumption given the lack of description for the Velaryons of that time. The Masseys seem to have pale and blue eyes, so it only makes sense for the Velaryons to have the purple ones. They were still closely related to the Targaryens after all.

That would be bold, if we didn't have some descriptions, but we have.We have more than one members with eyes as blue as the summer sea. And on top of that Martin is so descriptive and detailed about purple eyes, in every character that has them, that we have exact shades. It's pretty weird that he doesn't say anything about their eyes, but say about their hair shade often, so i think that is quiete safe to say that it's not a very comon trait of them. Valyrians have from lilac to pale blue eyes and it seems, that Velaryons are on the blue spectrum. The members, that we have exact eye colour and it's purple (all of them with Targaryen blood btw), they get a full description about their eyes, if others had them, they would get a colour too. 

In my opinion it's pretty clear they were fathered by Corly Velaryon. Otherwise there wouldn't have been any reason for him to make them his heirs.

In mine it's not. She could have hook ups with Corlys and have other hook ups too. Addam was a dragonrider and if Velaryons had the ability why didn't we have more of them and the only members  from the house that were riders were Targaryen offsprings? We know that the only dragonlords were Targaryensn (at least GRRM has said this), not all Valyrians could bond with dragons and Velaryons were from this group of Valyrians. 

1 minute ago, Forward-Speaker-5979 said:

There where other Hightowers in the tree,men and women.

There's only Garmund and Rhaena and we have no idea how that one came to pass, but it's clear it wasn't about purity of the blood, because it didn't affect the main line. Anyway, none of the Targaryen-Hightower matches were supposed to produce heirs to the throne.

We have more than one members with eyes as blue as the summer sea.

Who's that? I only remember Daenaera, while Alyssa, Addam and Alyn have purple eyes. Aurane Waters has grey-green eyes, but I wouldn't compare a bastard Velaryon from the time of Robert's Rebellion with the earlier Velaryons. And if the colour of Alyssa's eyes had been inexplicable, someone would have noted that. It's likely Alyssa's grandfather Daemon was the brother of Valaena and thus son of a Targaryen, so even if the Velaryons hadn't had purple eyes from the beginning (although that's pretty likely given they are from Valryia), they (or at least some of them) could have got them through marriages with the Targaryens.

19 minutes ago, Forward-Speaker-5979 said:

Addam was a dragonrider and if Velaryons had the ability why didn't we have more of them and the only members  from the house that were riders were Targaryen offsprings?

Because there is no reason why a responsible king would allow them to claim dragons. Viserys's I dragon policy lead to the eradication of them. 

22 minutes ago, Forward-Speaker-5979 said:

We know that the only dragonlords were Targaryensn (at least GRRM has said this)

Looking at the dragonseeds, this doesn't seem true. You may need some Targaryen blood, but you don't have to be a Targaryen yourself. At least I'm sure Hugh Hammer and Ulf White weren't the sons of Targaryens. 

25 minutes ago, Forward-Speaker-5979 said:

She could have hook ups with Corlys and have other hook ups too.

There's no evidence she did. Who would be that Targaryen, anyway? There were only Daemon and Viserys I at that point.

I think that aside from the Targaryens there were also other Valyrians who migrated to Westeros, and some of them long before the Doom, such as Velaryons, Celtigars, and Masseys too. So Masseys were dragonseeds, same as Targaryens, though could be that they were a branch-House of one of the Great 40, like Longwaters, Blackfyres and Baratheons were the branches of House Targaryen. So they were dragonseeds, but they were descendants of a younger son, or something like that, and thus - they didn't had dragons. Though they were still considered pureblooded enough for the Targaryens/Velaryons/Baratheons to marry with them.

Alarra Massey was the wife of Aethan Velaryon and the mother of Alyssa Velaryon - wife of Aenys I Targaryen, and then also the wife of Rogar Baratheon. She was the mother of Jaehaerys I, and the Good Queen Alysanne, and the mother of Jocelyn Baratheon - mother of Rhaenys Targaryen the Queen Who Never Was. And Elinor Massey was considered as one of the possible marriage candidates for Aegon III Targaryen.

In my opinion, Azor Ahai was either the son or a sibling of the Amethyst Empress - the last rightful ruler of the Great Empire of the Dawn. And I think that Azor was the father of the founders of House Dayne, Hightower, Corbray, Swann, and the 40 Great Houses of Valyria (he had 44 sons in total, each of whom founded a House). So could be that all the Valyrians are originally also from the Great Empire of the Dawn, because they are descendants of the Amethyst Empress (if Azor was her son), or they are descendants of the Opal Emperor (that's if Azor was a younger brother of the Amethyst Empress and of the Bloodstone Emperor).

If Masseys were (dragonless) Valyrians from the side-branch, then it explains everything - why they tried to claim a dragon (because they had the same blood as the Targs, because they descended from the same ancestor as Targs - Azor Ahai); why they had closer ties with the Targs, instead of the First Men Storm Kings to whom they had previously swore their loyalty, etc.

On 1/27/2022 at 5:23 PM, Megorova said:

I think that aside from the Targaryens there were also other Valyrians who migrated to Westeros, and some of them long before the Doom, such as Velaryons, Celtigars, and Masseys too

We know though, that they were in westeros, since the age of heroes, so I think that Dawn is more plausible.

On 1/27/2022 at 5:23 PM, Megorova said:

In my opinion, Azor Ahai was either the son or a sibling of the Amethyst Empress

I have three posts on that if you are interested. I am pretty sure they were siblings, bc the world book says that. What I am pretty sure it's that Amethyst was the Tiger woman. 

The best explanation as to why the Masseys of today - and presumably also the Masseys of the 1st century AC, i.e. Alarra Massey and her daughter Alyssa - are fair-haired and blue-eyed which could - but doesn't have to - indicate Valyrian blood is that they intermarried regularly with the Valyrian settlers in the Narrow Sea, starting around the time the Valyrians first took possession of Dragonstone, Driftmark, and Claw Isle, followed by the century of Targaryen rule before the Conquest, and thereafter. There is no reason to assume that they were Valyrians originally.

So far we have no reason to assume a Targaryen woman married into House Massey ... but that the Masseys intermarried with Velaryons and Celtigars would make a lot of sense. They were neighbors, after all, and we should assume that the reason why the Masseys and the Bar Emmons stood with Aegon during the Conquest is due to them having strong ties (i.e. being interrelated with) Aegon and/or his most crucial bannermen. We could also assume that some of the female descendants of the petty lord who married a younger daughter of Gaemon the Glorious ended up with a Massey husband.

It is not directly confirmed but very much implied that Aethan Velaryon and Alarra Massey were already married before the Conquest (the second Daemon Velaryon grew so old that it could have very well be born before the Conquest - and even if he wasn't it is easily imagined that Aethan and Alarra were either already married or already betrothed before the war started).

We can also assume that Aethan may have been married to Alarra because Alarra herself already had some Valyrian ancestors - be they Targaryens, Velaryons or Celtigars (or all of them through the female line). To establish the kind of hold Aegon had over the Stormlanders close to his islands we have to assume that his predecessors established a close relationship with them.

The Targaryens are the descendants of the ruling family of The Great Empire of the Dawn.  Many of the families today were descendants of those who lived within the Empire.  However, there must surely be people who lived outside the Empire.  The Empire did not encompass the world.  I dare say most people of the time were not citizens of the Empire but rather savages living like the Free Folk of the north.

16 hours ago, Forward-Speaker-5979 said:

We know though, that they were in westeros, since the age of heroes, so I think that Dawn is more plausible.

Valyrians rose to power ~5000 years ago, so this was happening in the Age of Heroes.

Evidence - "tales claim dragons once roosted on Battle Isle until the first Hightower put an end to them.[2]"

"The foundation of the Hightower is a fortress of black stone of uncertain origin on Battle Isle. The stone is reminiscent of Valyrian roads and the Black Walls of Volantis.[6] A possible Valyrian origin is supported by the claim of Maester Jellicoe that Oldtown began as a trading post for ships of Valyria, Old Ghis, and the Summer Isles, predating the arrival of the First Men to Westeros. Septon Barth claimed Valyrians came to Westeros because their priests prophesied that the Doom of Man would come out of the land beyond the narrow sea.[6]"

"King Uthor of the High Tower paid for the construction of a stone tower. Some say this fifth tower, which rose two hundred feet above the harbor and made the castle a seat worthy of a great house, was designed by Bran the Builder, while others say it was by his son, another Brandon.[6]"

Connection between the Dawn Empire (Five Forts of Yi Ti) and Valyria:

"Certain scholars from the west have suggested Valyrian involvement in the construction of the Five Forts, for the great walls are single slabs of fused black stone that resemble certain Valyrian citadels in the west … but this seems unlikely, for the Forts predate the Freehold’s rise, and there is no record of any dragonlords ever coming so far east.

Thus the Five Forts must remain a mystery. They still stand today, unmarked by time, guarding the marches of the Golden Empire against raiders out of the Grey Waste."

So the first Hightowers had connection to both - the dragons and Valyria. And the first or second Hightower lived during the same time period as Bran the Builder, who possibly also was the Last Hero that made the Pact of Ice and Fire with the Children of the Forest, and build The Wall after the end of the First Long Night.

My theory is that after the First Long Night had ended, the people from the Dawn Empire migrated in western direction - to Valyria and then to Dorne (the Daynes), southern (the Hightowers) and western (Swanns and Corbrays) Westeros - TWOIAF, YI Ti (Dawn Empire): "How long the darkness endured no man can say, but all agree that it was only when a great warrior—known variously as Hyrkoon the Hero, Azor Ahai, Yin Tar, Neferion, and Eldric Shadowchaser—arose to give courage to the race of men and lead the virtuous into battle with his blazing sword Lightbringer that the darkness was put to rout, and light and love returned once more to the world.

Yet the Great Empire of the Dawn was not reborn, for the restored world was a broken place where every tribe of men went its own way, fearful of all the others, and war and lust and murder endured, even to our present day."

So Valyrians are the people from the Dawn Empire. In my opinion.

I am pretty sure they were siblings, bc the world book says that.

The Amethyst Empress indeed was an older sister of the Bloodstone Emperor, though it wasn't mentioned anywhere in the World Book whether Azor Ahai was also bloodrelated to them or not. I just made this conclusion on my own, that maybe Azor was either also their sibling, or maybe he was a son of the Amethyst Empress, and in this case the Bloodstone Emperor was Azor's maternal uncle.

What I am pretty sure it's that Amethyst was the Tiger woman. 

No, she wasn't. Definitely. Because the Bloodstone Emperor killed his older sister - the Amethyst Empress, while the Tiger-woman was his wife. Those were two different women - his sister (Amethyst), and his wife (Tiger).

On 1/27/2022 at 3:28 AM, Forward-Speaker-5979 said:

First, Milk-Eye gives a hint about really light eyes.

Roose has light eyes as well, plenty of people from the story do are they all from the DE?

Second, Allyssa, why Allyssa had purple eyes? She was blessed by the gods, because none of her parents had purple eyes and this is weird as shit. Velaryons don't have purple eyes, members of the house that had purple eyes were offsprings of a Velaryon-Targaryen relationship. Leanor got the eyes from his mother ,according to Archmaester Gyldayn, the origin of Addam and Alyn, remains a matter of dispute among historians to this day. Their mother, Marilda of Hull, claimed they were fathered by Ser Laenor Velaryon, but this is a fact that many found remarkable due to Laenor's known sexual preference for men. Addam was a dragon rider too, so they were probably fathered by a Targaryen. And that leave us with Allys and a big ?

1) There's an entire island of people with purple eyes.

The Lyseni are also great breeders of slaves, mating beauty with beauty in hopes of producing ever more refined and lovely courtesans and bedslaves. The blood of Valyria still runs strong in Lys, where even the smallfolk oft boast pale skin, silver-gold hair, and the purple, lilac, and pale blue eyes of the dragonlords of old. The Lysene nobility values purity of blood above all and have produced many famous (and infamous) beauties. Even the Targaryen kings and princes of old sometimes turned to Lys in search of wives and paramours, for their blood as for their beauty. Aptly, many Lyseni worship a love goddess whose naked, wanton figure graces their coinage.

2) Even if Velaryons of old does not have purple eyes, they've been intermarrying with Targaryens ever since they fled Valyria and very likely were intermarrying with Celtigars even

Fourth, the main character from the house in our story, Justin, is also white blonde, pale blue eyed member and many people comment or/and think about it.

Plenty of pale eyed blondes in the story.

Here's one Dawner for you, not so high and mighty this one

"You weren't s'posed to be here," he muttered sourly. "No one was s'posed to be here."

He was a small, dirty man in filthy brown clothing, and he stank of horses. Catelyn knew all the men who worked in their stables, and he was none of them. He was gaunt, with limp blond hair and pale eyes deep-sunk in a bony face, and there was a dagger in his hand.

If you want someone of more noble descent

Ser Barristan felt very tired, very old. Where have all the years gone? Of late, whenever he knelt to drink from a still pool, he saw a stranger's face gazing up from the water's depths. When had those crow's-feet first appeared around his pale blue eyes? How long ago had his hair turned from sunlight into snow? Years ago, old man. Decades.

1 hour ago, Megorova said:

Valyrians rose to power ~5000 years ago, so this was happening in the Age of Heroes.

No, we don't know for sure it was Age of heros. If the first date for Andals is true, 6000 ago, then the Age of heros had ended 1000 years before valyria.

1 hour ago, Megorova said:

No, she wasn't. Definitely. Because the Bloodstone Emperor killed his older sister - the Amethyst Empress, while the Tiger-woman was his wife. Those were two different women - his sister (Amethyst), and his wife (Tiger).

They were practising incest, for sure. It makes sense with the patern of thestory. If you want check the posts, but it makes sense for them to be married, bc we know that incest is cursed. 

13 minutes ago, Corvo the Crow said:

Roose has light eyes as well, plenty of people from the story do are they all from the DE?

1) There's an entire island of people with purple eyes.

2) Even if Velaryons of old does not have purple eyes, they've been intermarrying with Targaryens ever since they fled Valyria and very likely were intermarrying with Celtigars even

Plenty of pale eyed blondes in the story.

Here's one Dawner for you, not so high and mighty this one

If you want someone of more noble descent

Roose's eyes are pretty sus, but not for this reason, first.

Second, an Island that had Valyrian blood, from people with purple eyes. We haven't seen a person with purple eyes, when none of the parents had purple eyes. 

The plenty blonde and pale blue eyed people, are from the coming of the Andals, first men houses with so light colouring is not very common in the story. And third, the main point it's that Targaryens and Velaryons were ok with mixing blood with them, not that they were just blond. 

Plus, in Fire and Blood when Albin is talking about the first night, he talks about first men like they were not a part of it.

Edit: And they are in an area close to Tarth. A place we know we had people, possibly, from Dawn. Galadon had the Arthurian name like the Daynes and he had slayed dragons, like the Hightowers. And Mornes were a very very old house before the storm kings and Durran, with a name that is reminiscent of the mountains of the Morne, Asshai and Dawn.

The plenty blonde and pale blue eyed people, are from the coming of the Andals, first men houses with so light colouring is not very common in the story. And third, the main point it's that Targaryens and Velaryons were ok with mixing blood with them, not that they were just blond. 

Nope. Plenty of blondes before them in Westeros, Lannisters for example.

Here's Myr, formerly a walled Andal Town and Myrmen

The origins of Myr are murkier. The Myrmen are believed by certain maesters to be akin to the Rhoynar, as many of them share the same olive skin and dark hair as the river people, but this supposed link is likely spurious. There are certain signs that a city stood where Myr now stands even during the Dawn Age and the Long Night, raised by some ancient, vanished people, but the Myr we know was founded by a group of Valyrian merchant adventurers on the site of a walled Andal town whose inhabitants they butchered or enslaved. Trade has been the life of Myr ever since, and Myrish ships have plied the waters of the narrow sea for centuries. The artisans of Myr, many of slave birth, are also greatly renowned; Myrish lace and Myrish tapestries are said to be worth their weight in gold and spice, and Myrish lenses have no equal in all the world.

Yet there are always a few who walk the roads that others shun, seeking after fortunes in the bleaker corners of the world. And so it was with the Andals who made their way to Dorne. Some contested with the First Men who had come before them for the choice lands along the Greenblood and the coasts, or ventured into the mountains. Others established themselves in places where no man had gone before them.

Amongst those were the Ullers and the Qorgyles; the former raised a grim, stinking seat beside the sulfurous yellow waters of the Brimstone, whilst the latter established themselves amidst the dunes and deep sands, fortifying the only well for fifty leagues around. Farther east, the Vaiths raised a tall, pale castle in the hills, at the juncture of the two streams that formed the river that soon bore their name. Elsewhere in the realm, the Allyrions, the Jordaynes, and the Santagars carved out holdings for themselves.

These are the sandy dornishman, mostly purer Andals. Salty ones are a mix of FM, Andal and Rhoynar while Stony ones are said to be a mix of Andal-FM yet they fared the best against the invasions so they should be the least mixed ones and yet these are the fairest ones. Why? Because it's the Andals who are darker.

Archmaester Hake tells us that the kings of House Hoare were, "black of hair, black of eye, and black of heart." Their foes claimed their blood was black as well, darkened by the "Andal taint," for many of the early Hoare kings took maidens of that ilk to wife. True ironborn had salt water in their veins, the priests of the Drowned God proclaimed; the black-blooded Hoares were false kings, ungodly usurpers who must be cast down.

Here, House Hoare. They have heavily intermarried with Andals and yet are black of hair and  black of eye or rather, they are not black of hair and eye despite heavily intermarrying to andals but rather because of it.

I seriously wonder where all this GEotD stuff comes from. We get a small section in World book that’s there mostly for world building purposes and to draw some parallels and suddenly out of nowhere lots of outlandish stuff appears and most of it  ara based on nothing but other outlandish stuff which themselves are based on yet another stuff of that kind. Dig deep enough and there’s nothing beneath. You don’t have to dig  wake the Balrog deep either.

20 hours ago, Corvo the Crow said:

When I read about emperors of Yi Ti I thought  that some of the like Lo Tho, called Lo Longspoon and Lo the Terrible, the twenty-second scarlet emperor would be relative of Boltons. Or dude who literally ate brains of living people with spoon would be very good candidate as a ancestor of Boltons.

5 hours ago, Corvo the Crow said:

I seriously wonder where all this GEotD stuff comes from. We get a small section in World book that’s there mostly for world building purposes and to draw some parallels and suddenly out of nowhere lots of outlandish stuff appears and most of it  ara based on nothing but other outlandish stuff which themselves are based on yet another stuff of that kind. Dig deep enough and there’s nothing beneath. You don’t have to dig  wake the Balrog deep either.

Yeah it seems to come from 2 misconceptions: the Five Forts and the gemstones.

The Five Forts seems to have been built with dragons and people thinks they were built by the Bloodstone Emperor which would means that they were the first dragonriders. They think the GEotD built the Five Forts because in TwoIaF we can read:

The Five Forts are very old, older than the Golden Empire itself; some claim they were raised by the Pearl Emperor during the morning of the Great Empire to keep the Lion of Night and his demons from the realms of men...
The World of Ice and Fire - The Bones and Beyond: Yi Ti

It's similar to how people claims that Bran the Builder build a lot of stuff but here's what GRRM has told us about those legendaries figures and such claims:

Much of those details are lost in the mists of time and legend. No one can even say for certain if Brandon the Builder ever lived. He is as remote from the time of the novels as Noah and Gilgamesh are from our own time.
https://www.westeros.org/Citadel/SSM/Entry/The_Wall/

Oh, and he did mention that he put lots of legends into the books such as Bran the Builder. Bran the builder is supposed to have built the Wall, Winterfel, and Storms End. GRRM mentioned that he has become a legend so that people will look at a structure and say "wow, it must have been built by Bran the Builder" when it actually was not. This is GRRM's attemt on creating a world with myths and legends so if at some point you see, "They say it was built by Bran the Builder or Lann the Clever" realize that its part of the mythos. . . .
https://www.westeros.org/Citadel/SSM/Entry/ConJose_San_Jose_CA_August_29_September_22

So did the Great Empire of the Dawn build the Five Forts? Probably not, we've heard their legend about the Long Night and there is no mentions of such construction when it was needed the most. Not really weird, the Five Forts would have been useless against the Others, they could have walk between them easily since there is no giant wall...

Then we have the gemstones.
People think that the ghosts with gemstones eyes in Daenerys dream were the emperors of the GeotD because they were named after gemstones. Be named after gemstones doesn't mean their eyes were the same colours. In Yi-Ti we have the Yellow Emperors and the Orange Emperors, do they have yellow and orange eyes? No.
Colours are important for Martin, here's how and why he uses them:

The best fantasy is written in the language of dreams. It is alive as dreams are alive, more real than real … for a moment at least … that long magic moment before we wake.

Fantasy is silver and scarlet, indigo and azure, obsidian veined with gold and lapis lazuli. Reality is plywood and plastic, done up in mud brown and olive drab. Fantasy tastes of habaneros and honey, cinnamon and cloves, rare red meat and wines as sweet as summer. Reality is beans and tofu, and ashes at the end. Reality is the strip malls of Burbank, the smokestacks of Cleveland, a parking garage in Newark. Fantasy is the towers of Minas Tirith, the ancient stones of Gormenghast, the halls of Camelot. Fantasy flies on the wings of Icarus, reality on Southwest Airlines. Why do our dreams become so much smaller when they finally come true?

We read fantasy to find the colors again, I think. To taste strong spices and hear the songs the sirens sang. There is something old and true in fantasy that speaks to something deep within us, to the child who dreamt that one day he would hunt the forests of the night, and feast beneath the hollow hills, and find a love to last forever somewhere south of Oz and north of Shangri-La.
https://georgerrmartin.com/about-george/on-writing-essays/on-fantasy-by-george-r-r-martin/

Martin: Yeah, it's a little bit greek fire, it's a little bit napalm, it's a little bit nitroglycerin. It has the coolest characteristics. And it's, it's jade green, it burns with green flames. Why? Because I thought that would be cool.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/game-thrones-george-rr-martin-final-season-prequel-series-status-1200003/

So currently we have the Yellow Emperor and the Orange Emperor but if Martin wanted something more fantastical for an ancient kingdom he would not not go with the Purple Emperor or the Green Emperor but with the Amethyst Emperor or Jade Emperor, same for a crazy dream.
Yi-Tish people are the descandants of the GeotD and they don't have Valyrians eyes.
Valyrians aren't the descendants of the GeotD.

And I guess it's an ancient civilization and the Bloodstone Emperor story is pretty cool and it's mysterious, that's part of the appeal.
And like you said, there aren't much informartions so it's easier to build a story/theory around that but it's just some worldbuilding, I'm pretty sure Martin knew about the origins of the Others and the Dragonlords when he started writing the books so it's unlikely that the GeotD are the solution since they have never been mentioned in the main books and aren't that important in the world book either.

36 minutes ago, TheBlackSwan said:

Anyone who advances GEotD theories should definitely concede that it's mostly tinfoil speculation, but the speculation is there for a good reason. 

I do take GRRM at his word when he says that his world is not nearly as well developed as Tolkien's, and that the completeness of his world is mostly a mirage. Nevertheless, The World Book isn't simply worldbuilding for the sake of it, it's loaded with teasers and vague hints to tantalize readers about the larger story.

Are there plenty of red herrings, and details so vague as to lead people into the wilderness? Yes, definitely. But the clues about some great magical empire that was largely erased from history are all over the world book. We don't know for sure that they were dragonriders, yet there seems to have been some people who preceded the Valyrians who could make and shape fused stone.

All of the cultures in the far east have some clues about a common ancient past, with Asshai being the most curious of all. A  city that happens to be the largest city on the planet by far, now cursed and uninhabitable. Surely we will learn more about Asshai in the story proper, either indirectly through instruction by Marwyn, or directly through greensight or maybe glass candles. All of the clues of this area and surrounding locations, and elsewhere, such as Battle Isle, likely orbit around this central deep mystery of Asshai, birthplace of dragons.

Take each individual theory with a whole bunch of salt, but they're all understandable attempts to tie together the various threads that GRRM has mischievously laid in his world book.

20 hours ago, Corvo the Crow said:

Lannisters for example.

Lannisters are Andals descendants, confirmed by GRRM himself

"Houses descended from the First Men tend to have simple short names, often descriptive. Stark. Reed. Flint. Tallhart (tall hart). Etc. The Valyrian names are fairly distinct are well: The « ae » usage usually suggests a Valyrian in the family tree. The Andal names are . . . well, neith Stark nor Targaryen, if that makes sense. Lannister. Arryn. Tyrell. Etc. Of course, you also need to remember that there have been hundreds and in some cases thousands of years of interbreeding, so hardly anyone is pure Andal or First Man."

Archive of the interview

21 hours ago, Corvo the Crow said:

These are the sandy dornishman, mostly purer Andals.

The purer Andals are the stony Dornishmen and they are the fairest

"The salty Dornishmen had the most Rhoynish blood, the stony Dornishmen the least <...> The stony Dornishmen were biggest and fairest, sons of the Andals and the First Men, brown-haired or blond, with faces that freckled or burned in the sun instead of browning."

A Storm of Swords, Chapter 38, Tyrion V.

21 hours ago, Corvo the Crow said:

Why? Because it's the Andals who are darker.

The Andals are tall and fair-haired people

"The Andals were the first, a race of tall, fair-haired warriors"

A Game of Thrones, Chapter 66, Bran VII.

"And those who would not be slaves but were unable to withstand the might of Valyria fled. Many failed and are forgotten. But one people, tall and fair-haired, made courageous and indomitable by their faith, succeeded in their escape from Valyria. And those men are the Andals."

The World of Ice & Fire, Ancient History: Valyria's Children

Regarding the Masseys, I think they are simply First Men who intermarried with Velaryons or even Targaryens at the time of the Conquest and thereafter, as Lord Varys suggested. House Dayne is, in my opinion, the only House that originates directly from the Great Empire of the Dawn, the others are Andals or First Men houses except the Targaryens, Velaryon and Celtigar who are of course Valyrians.

Archived