UK Politics: Gray's Anatomy

A Horse Named Stranger

They are trying hard aren't they? Trying to get the police to change their mind about being happy for it to be published, trying to get the civil service unions to object, trying to find a Downing Street staffer to ask to have their bit redacted ...

Given that Johnson set terms of reference that prevents the report from explicitly pointing a finger at him, there has to be some interesting stuff in it about the culture in Downing Street.

7 hours ago, mormont said:

We're talking about one of the few scandals of Boris Johnson's career that doesn't, in one way or another, involve anatomy so...

There was the whole apartment reno. 

7 hours ago, mormont said:

We're talking about one of the few scandals of Boris Johnson's career that doesn't, in one way or another, involve anatomy so...

The report will still contain the anatomy of the scandal. You can use the word anatomy outside the context of the human body, get your mind out of the dating thread. 

https://news.sky.com/story/partygate-met-police-wants-minimal-reference-in-sue-gray-report-to-events-it-is-investigating-12527038

Met now wanting (or have been told that they want) minimal reference to events they’re investigating. 
Like, um, all the lockdown breaches?

That they didnt want to investigate anyway.

Hey, be positive, the guy who played a central role in fucking up our politics, specifically on the climate, still thinks the U.K. has a chance to fix its problems. Yay, right?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/jan/27/frank-luntz-interview-pollster-us-uk-politics

Wooooo! Just received confirmation from my lawyer that my international patent application has been officially filed.

Ain't nobody nicking my idea now!

ETA: Just realized I posted this in the wrong thread. To make amends, I now declare that once I've made enough moolah, I fully intend to use my money, power and influence to reshape British democracy into a form more suited to the times we live in and the people it serves. 

1 hour ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Is it too early to ask aboout the line of succession and when our very own bfc  would be the new Dick in charge of the Met Police, so to speak.

I'd have to give a shit enough to get promoted about 7 times. Or kill everyone above me. The second option seems more plausible right now  

9 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

I'd have to give a shit enough to get promoted about 7 times. Or kill everyone above me. The second option seems more plausible right now  

But you did the math in your head. So we are on course here.

15 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

Go rogue. Get some of SpockyDog’s ‘recreationals’ and plant them on your superiors, then bust them.

Archived