UK Politics: Gray's Anatomy

A Horse Named Stranger

52 minutes ago, Which Tyler said:

This is pretty much as expected. If delaying like this is some sort of tactic by Boris to buy more time ( which given the push to create more popular policies quickly it might be) then it’s also a really bad one, because everyone can see through it. Just go mate.

He can't survive this,  I mean he won't quit but they will have to replace him.  

I guess he may survive a few more weeks, which will just damage the Tories all the more in the long term.  but the full report will come out at some point even if the police drop / clear him the 12 investigations they are doing.

What kind of workplace doesn't already have a 'clear and robust policy' on drinking at work? That's wildly unprofessional.

The more I find out about workplace culture in No 10, the more I'm amazed they're not regularly appearing at employment tribunals. I'm guessing that's because they just pay people off (with public money).

God, he's so cringe.

"I get it and I will fix it." "I know what the issue is." "Yes, we CAN be trusted!" "We said we would get this country through covid and we did"

Maybe he'll step down if he's promised a huge good-bye bash?

20 minutes ago, Mindwalker said:

God, he's so cringe.

"I get it and I will fix it." "I know what the issue is." "Yes, we CAN be trusted!" "We said we would get this country through covid and we did"

Maybe he'll step down if he's promised a huge good-bye bash?

He’s delaying to buy time for Carrie to reclaim the new wallpaper

I'm not up to snuff with all the scandals.

Last month the GLA oversight committee summonsed and received a significant number of documents – including emails to and from Arcuri – from a London tourism and promotional agency as part of an inquiry into whether Johnson abused his position as London mayor to “benefit and reward” the American businesswoman.

Arcuri was given access to foreign trade missions led by the future prime minister and sponsorship for her events business, raising questions about conflicts of interest.

Arcuri is also said to be cooperating fully with a separate investigation by the GLA’s ethics watchdog that raises the prospect of Johnson facing an investigation for a potential criminal offence of misconduct in public office.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/jan/29/fresh-revelations-about-jennifer-arcuri-affair-threaten-to-damage-boris-johnson?utm_term=Autofeed&CMP=twt_b-gdnnews&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1643530563

I had not kept up with UK politics until recently. I forgot how fratboyish, albeit entertaining, Parliament can be. I do miss the previous speaker, though.

3 hours ago, mormont said:

What kind of workplace doesn't already have a 'clear and robust policy' on drinking at work? That's wildly unprofessional.

The more I find out about workplace culture in No 10, the more I'm amazed they're not regularly appearing at employment tribunals. I'm guessing that's because they just pay people off (with public money).

You mean like drinking is only permitted on days that on the letter y?

Just now, Kalibuster said:

Wow, it's so quaint to see a country that has a leader beset by scandal and the expectation is that the leader has to go

So neat

Very nice

Watch and learn:P

Oh, and “Cultural Secretary” Nadine Dorries bravely decided to give an interview half-cut on something.

12 minutes ago, Kalibuster said:

Wow, it's so quaint to see a country that has a leader beset by scandal and the expectation is that the leader has to go

So neat

Very nice

Get ourselves a little bit of that old fashioned Parliamentary representation and maybe we'll just need to send the whole kit and caboodle back the mother ship, eh?   Maybe solve a few problems...  :P

Archived