UK Politics: Gray's Anatomy

A Horse Named Stranger

Just now, The Anti-Targ said:

I guess she's good at not saying anything when talking, which is quite the virtue in a politician.

Doing a Vicky Pollard impression during every interview is perhaps less of a virtue.

Wow, what an absolutely useless waste of carbon. 

The worrying thing for the Conservative Party is that this cretin is just the tip of the iceberg. Some of their 2019 intake are as crazy as the Republican loons on the other side of the pond. 

6 hours ago, polishgenius said:

A totally normal answer to that first question by ol' Nadine. 

I get that she is a Tory MP and a defender of Boris Johnson.  Is she known for refusing to answer perfectly clear questions and getting indignant at being asked simple non-loaded questions?

17 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

I ger that she is a Tory MP and a defender of Boris Johnson.  Is she known for refusing to answer perfectly clear questions and getting indignant at being asked simple non-loaded questions?

It's as if lying to say what the audience wants to hear is so second nature, that she (and BJ when asked about where he spent Christmas) gets confused when it's a simple question where the closest thing to a "right" answer is whatever the truth happens to be.

25 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

I ger that she is a Tory MP and a defender of Boris Johnson.  Is she known for refusing to answer perfectly clear questions and getting indignant at being asked simple non-loaded questions?

Having watched bbc this morning I think she came on to talk about some online security bill, and was annoyed she was being asked about whether she’d talked to Boris that morning. She’s well known for being unprofessional and spouting off, and it’s not like it was an unreasonable question given what’s going on

25 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

She’s a moron who appears belligerently drunk in her recent interviews. Despite being the Minister for Culture, she seemed to think thr advertisment-funded Channel Four was License-fee funded, like the BBC.

She’s perhaps mostly famous for eating an ostrich anus on I’m A Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here.

The country would have been better served had the producers fed her to the ostrich.

19 minutes ago, Derfel Cadarn said:

She’s a moron who appears belligerently drunk in her recent interviews. Despite being the Minister for Culture, she seemed to think thr advertisment-funded Channel Four was License-fee funded, like the BBC.

She’s perhaps mostly famous for eating an ostrich anus on I’m A Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here.

The country would have been better served had the producers fed her to the ostrich.

Wow…

58 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

I get that she is a Tory MP and a defender of Boris Johnson.  Is she known for refusing to answer perfectly clear questions and getting indignant at being asked simple non-loaded questions?

She is part of the new political culture - that began in Russia, before taking root in the US and spreading over here - where lying to everyone, be it the press, the people, or themselves, represents their day-to-day modus operandi. The lying is so entrenched that they are hyper averse to saying anything truthful, even when asked the most basic of questions. It's pathetic, and they should be ashamed. 

7 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

She is part of the new political culture - that began in Russia, before taking root in the US and spreading over here - where lying to everyone, be it the press, the people, or themselves, represents their day-to-day modus operandi. The lying is so entrenched that they are hyper averse to saying anything truthful, even when asked the most basic of questions. It's pathetic, and they should be ashamed. 

Agreed.

22 hours ago, Werthead said:

The fuel crisis is a major issue but it might be interesting because the price of fitting solar panels to the average UK house has fallen to around £5,000-5,500, which with the new energy bills means that you can now pay that back and get into profit in four to five years rather than ten, and with the second wave of price hikes coming in October, that might fall to three years. I've now got my landlord finally thinking about it seriously.

Irish rather than UK but we got solar panels fitted in August, and it’s amazing how many days they generate electricity. I was working from home on Friday so using electicity all day long and we still fed back into the grid. We are considering a second battery. It’s a bog standard semi with 2 velum windows too, so only 7 panels. Obviously we are lucky enough to cover the cost up front but I think it will definitely be saving money sooner rather than later. Vimes boot theory again I guess.

anyway, I’ve become an avid listener to Matt Chorley and Hugo Rifkind on Times Radio (yes yes, Murdock ). Pmqs on a Wednesday are very entertaining

Archived