UK Politics: Gray's Anatomy

A Horse Named Stranger

Yes, we are going round in circles here. I can only repeat my previous post:

1 hour ago, A wilding said:

So you are following Johnson's line that it is complete coincidence that it happened to be Starmer, that it happened now, and that some of the demonstrators were shouting that he was a paedophile protector and shouting Saville's name.

2 minutes ago, A wilding said:

Yes, we are going round in circles here. I can only repeat my previous post:

Yes we are going around in circles, because as usual nobody wants to see what actually happened vs what they assumed happened. One person shouted something in a crowd of people who were there to protest against something completely different. Thats all you need to know. 

4 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

Yes we are going around in circles, because as usual nobody wants to see what actually happened vs what they assumed happened. One person shouted something in a crowd of people who were there to protest against something completely different. Thats all you need to know. 

So you buy purported “plausible deniability”?  Like Trump telling the crowd on 1/6 they “will not win anything with weakness” when the intent to rile up the crowd is perfectly clear?

1 minute ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

So you buy purported “plausible deniability”?  Like Trump telling the crowd on 1/6 they “will not win anything with weakness” when the intent to rile up the crowd is perfectly clear?

It's not surprising that someone decided to pop in and mumble something aboutTrump. *rolls eyes*

I had already pointed out the Trump parallel of course:

1 hour ago, A wilding said:

We know from the USA how it works. "New world order", "deep state" and "paedophiles" are all synonymous to these nutters, and since the pandemic "vaxxers" has been added to the list. Johnson's "paedophile protector" slur tapped into all this.

And Johnson knew this perfectly well, which is why, backed into a corner, he came out with it out of the blue. As we know from the advisor who finally developed a conscience and resigned, this was not off the cuff, but was a preplanned move made to achieve the effect it did.

And the move has probably even been successful. He has got a backlash, but it is mostly from "the usual suspects" who are never going to support him, and on the whole his base is rallied and energised by seeing the left being riled up. Some of them will have been further energised by seeing Starmer being mobbed even. And meanwhile the far right are being added to his support, a not insignificant factor for a Tory leader these days, especially when they are being bolstered by messages being sent out that far right views are acceptable.

Yeah this conversation is odd. 

I posted on this thread numerous times pretty harsh things about Boris, that I think he should quit and is incompetent. Suggesting I'd just some troll defending him is really quite silly, and just shows a real blindness.

All thats happening here is that people are unable to see past their own hatred and rage, so will buy into any media line that blames Boris for anything, whether it's true or not. It's not hard to use your brain to look at the actual facts before saying something in here but it's frightening how many posters here are unable to do so. 

3 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

Yeah this conversation is odd. 

I posted on this thread numerous times pretty harsh things about Boris, that I think he should quit and is incompetent. Suggesting I'd just some troll defending him is really quite silly, and just shows a real blindness.

All thats happening here is that people are unable to see past their own hatred and rage, so will buy into any media line that blames Boris for anything, whether it's true or not. It's not hard to use your brain to look at the actual facts before saying something in here but it's frightening how many posters here are unable to do so. 

So… does minimizing Johnson’s (current) shitty behavior just make you feel better?

1 minute ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

So… does minimizing Johnson’s (current) shitty behavior just make you feel better?

How many silly questions in a row have you posed to me in the last few days?

Where is the evidence that the protest yesterday was due to what Johnson said? If you, or anyone else can substantiate it I'd be interested to hear it

Johnson naming  Rees Mogg 'Minister for Brexit Opportunities' is trolling of the highest order.

Perhaps this will prompt more news coverage of the 'opportunities' JRM and his Dublin hedge funds have already exploited. lol.

10 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

Where is the evidence that the protest yesterday was due to what Johnson said? If you, or anyone else can substantiate it I'd be interested to hear it

The protest was not necessarily due to what Johnson said; the assault on Keir Starmer was.

25 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

How many silly questions in a row have you posed to me in the last few days?

Do you have the same opinion about Trump whipping up the frenzy that led to 1/6/2021?

9 minutes ago, Mosi Mynn said:

Blimey, mate - I'm done.  

I suspect a lot of people think like this - it's frightening.

Why? I've asked you questions time and time again, you don't want to, or are not able to answer them. You've made a ton of blanket nonsensical statements with absolutely nothing to back them up. Do you want to actually do that?

Looking at the reshuffle, it seems Johnson's response to his backbench MPs expressing alarm about his leadership is: we need new whips to keep the backbench MPs quiet.

Shooting the messenger, comes to mind. 

Archived