UK Politics: Gray's Anatomy

A Horse Named Stranger

Yeah, i'm absolutely certain that all these high profile paedos who were exposed after they died operated exclusively alone. Unlike every other group of paedos across the societal specrrum, they did not work in disgusting little gangs, sharing kids between them. Oh, nooooooo. It's only plebby paedos who do that. 

45 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

Yeah, i'm absolutely certain that all these high profile paedos who were exposed after they died operated exclusively alone. Unlike every other group of paedos across the societal specrrum, they did not work in disgusting little gangs, sharing kids between them. Oh, nooooooo. It's only plebby paedos who do that. 

Wait ...  the Andrew who once was a Prince hangin' w/Epstein, Maxwell & Companies?]

Anyway, it's long been known in pop music pro circles that this is what the 1960's and 1980's rock scene was for sure, the one out of which Saville etc. came.  The musicians even wrote a lot of their hits about the joys and perks of having at those under 16 girls . . . .  It was particularly rife in Britain's pop music culture.

Weren't most of those songs really anticipating being able to get at those virginal girls the moment they hit 16, when it became legal (in most jurisdictions) even if still creepy AF?

Technically even the former Prince's hook up was legal in most places so long as it was fully consensual and not forced, coerced or chemically facilitated.

13 hours ago, Spockydog said:

Well, the Catholic priest ones didn’t operate (mostly) like that. It was far more siloed, probably because they had plentiful access to victims. And like the Catholic priests, I expect those covering for them were doing so because they were “good people “ or to protect institutions ahead of victims, rather than because they were participants. The Catholic Church system shows insight into how this can work institutionally. 

6 hours ago, The Anti-Targ said:

Weren't most of those songs really anticipating being able to get at those virginal girls the moment they hit 16, when it became legal (in most jurisdictions) even if still creepy AF?

I mean, the songs might have been about that, but 'baby groupie' was a phrase for a reason, and Lori Maddox 'dating' Jimmy Page from age 14 is near enough a matter of public record. 

To be fair, while this incident was ill advised I think it's not absolutely wild or out of order. She was in the middle of an emotionally charged meeting, listening to bereaved fathers, whose daughters had committed suicide, when she got the result and she told them that she had a positive result. Now, at that point she should definitely have just ended the meeting but I can understand that breaking off in the middle of somebody telling you a story like that could feel in the moment a bit cruel. 

13 minutes ago, mormont said:

To be fair, while this incident was ill advised I think it's not absolutely wild or out of order. She was in the middle of an emotionally charged meeting, listening to bereaved fathers, whose daughters had committed suicide, when she got the result and she told them that she had a positive result. Now, at that point she should definitely have just ended the meeting but I can understand that breaking off in the middle of somebody telling you a story like that could feel in the moment a bit cruel. 

Should she not have been isolating if awaiting the result of a test?

42 minutes ago, mormont said:

So, she took the test just before walking through the door into that meeting? Because every time I have taken a test, the result takes about twenty seconds.

47 minutes ago, mormont said:

Her mistake was to have the precautionary test less than half an hour before the meeting, so that she did not find out the result until after she had gone into it. It is not rocket science to get that right, I have managed it tens of times, and it implies that there is still a rather casual attitude to the rules amongst the government, even now.

24 minutes ago, ljkeane said:

Only if she took a test because she had symptoms. It was apparently a lateral flow test she'd taken.

It takes 30 mins tops to get a lft result. For the sake of 30 mins, grieving parents (who may care for vulnerable people) have been exposed to covid.

27 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

Really though, we are well past the point of having to take lateral flow tests before every meeting. 

Since it turns out she was positive, the lesson here is the opposite of this.

10 minutes ago, Derfel Cadarn said:

It takes 30 mins tops to get a lft result. For the sake of 30 mins, grieving parents (who may care for vulnerable people) have been exposed to covid.

That's a little melodramatic. She apparently asked them if they wanted to carry on and they said yes.

Archived