Fate of Daenerys' followers

By the end of the series, once the current game of thrones and the Long Night are over, what do you think should be the state and fate of Daenerys' followers whenever they came with her to Westeros or stayed in Essos ? 

What will be the fates of Ser Barristan, of the Dothraki raiders and handmaiden, of the Unsullied, of her meereenese advisors and forces and of the others ? 

Do you think that most of them will have survived or will be dead by the end of ASOIAF ? Will these stay in Westeros or will they prefer to return to Essos and to lands and cultures they are familiar with ?

1 hour ago, Terrorthatflapsinthenight9 said:

By the end of the series, once the current game of thrones and the Long Night are over, what do you think should be the state and fate of Daenerys' followers whenever they came with her to Westeros or stayed in Essos ? 

What will be the fates of Ser Barristan, of the Dothraki raiders and handmaiden, of the Unsullied, of her meereenese advisors and forces and of the others ? 

Do you think that most of them will have survived or will be dead by the end of ASOIAF ? Will these stay in Westeros or will they prefer to return to Essos and to lands and cultures they are familiar with ?

Since he was a POV of convenience I sort of suspect that Selmy will be Killed in an alley by a couple of street thugs  killed off once another POV becomes available to cover events in Mereen. With all of the people on their way to Slavers Bay at the end of Dance, he might not get many more chapters than Quentyn.  Personally I'd like to see him write in the White Book again some day, but I don't think I should get my hopes up.

5 hours ago, Terrorthatflapsinthenight9 said:

Daenerys will reclaim her father’s throne and rebuild Westeros after the Long Night. Those who accompany her from Essos will settle at Westeros and repopulate the land mass. There will be very, very few of the people who lived under Baratheon rule left alive. Winter, eights, and Starks would have killed most of the Westerosi. The only Stark left alive will be Bran and Rickon. 

24 minutes ago, Moiraine Sedai said:

Daenerys will reclaim her father’s throne and rebuild Westeros after the Long Night. Those who accompany her from Essos will settle at Westeros and repopulate the land mass. There will be very, very few of the people who lived under Baratheon rule left alive. Winter, eights, and Starks would have killed most of the Westerosi. The only Stark left alive will be Bran and Rickon. 

This dose of koolaid brought to you by the Cult of the Dragon Goddess. Accept the savior Daenerys and the freedom she offers or be purified by dragon fire.

i don't know about the rest but I suspect Barristan and Daario will be two of Dany's betrayals .. I don't have anything to support this but these men are respectively the one Dany trusts the most and the one she loves the most . therefore it's these two men who have the true power to hurt her and GRRM is utmost without mercy... poor Dany..

The Dothraki will stay behind in Essos to fight slavery.  The easterners who were slaves of the Ghis will migrate to Westeros and become the new people of that land.  Daenerys will begin building a new Empire of the Dawn but it will rise in the West this time. 

Barristan will lead the armies of the Queen but his age mean he will not see the Dawn again.  Daario is catapult missile.  He's not making the journey west.  Jorah will make it west but Bear Island will be held by the White Walkers.  He too is of an advanced age.  He won't live long enough to see the Dawn.  Missandei and Greyworm are young.  The Bloodriders are young.  Young enough to live to see the Dawn. 

I enjoy talking about Daenerys, the dragons, as well as her people.  She is the Moses of A Song of Ice and Fire. Mereen is the biblical Egypt.  She will lead the slaves out of Mereen into a new land, Westeros.  They will build new homes and settle.  Westeros will need rebuilding after all. 

11 hours ago, Unit A2 said:

I enjoy talking about Daenerys, the dragons, as well as her people.  She is the Moses of A Song of Ice and Fire. Mereen is the biblical Egypt.  She will lead the slaves out of Mereen into a new land, Westeros.  They will build new homes and settle.  Westeros will need rebuilding after all. 

All this time I thought I was reading high fantasy! Instead it's "The Book of Dany" from the Bible! Thanks George!

Dany is the heir to the throne of Westeros.  They will do just fine.  I don't expect it to go without conflict with the remaining people but it does not mean they won't overcome this resistance.  It will be mass migration.   

Dany will die and second life as a dragon, when she does the souls of all those who died in her name will join her in a second life inside of the dragon. Their souls will too contribute to the size of the dragon and the heat of its flame which will be what defeats the ice dragon and saves the world from the Long Night. The whispering stars in her dreams/visions are the lost souls of those she will save by creating a place for inside of the dragon.

This isn't anything that hasn't been done before, this is how dragons belonging to dragon riding families work, but as Dany fans are so eager to make her out to be a one of a kind special case that has never happened before, I will point out this probability.

Dragons are fueled by human souls set on fire, they get bigger and bigger as they absorb more and more souls until they eventually die when the souls burn up, run out of fuel. That is why the Targaryens/Valaryans who were second lifed dragons are all faded out ghosts with pale fire swords in Dany's waking the dragon dream. They had their time, their souls were on fire and they second lifed dragons, they lived their dragon life then their fires petered out, the dragons they were died. The bigger, brighter, fiercer, more monumental a person is in life, the longer/hotter their fire burns in death. Now, when Dany second lifes the dragon, all the foreshadowing suggests that because she's Dany and she's the greatest, strongest, fiercest most influential prophesised saviour-dragon ever, the dragon Dany is going to become will live forever, that is the fire of her soul unlike ever other Valyrian before her is going to never ever run out. Her fire is eternal.

And that's the summer that will never end that Azor Ahai is prophesised to bring about in their triumph over the darkness. The eternal fire of her soul. The sun of the world she creates anew. An eternal life for all those who believed in her and followed her.

On 1/29/2022 at 2:03 AM, Unit A2 said:

Think of it as her claiming back Westeros but with a pleasant twist.  

I believe Barristan is GRRM's twist and he will betray Dany for fAegon. He will die someway. One too many wrong choices of kings (and queens).

I think Daario has already betrayed her. He was there only for sex. Some way he will die too.

The Dothrakis are just beasts in human form. Winter will kill them unless they change.

If they survive, the Unsullied could join the Night Watch or what will replace it after the LN. No other way to integrate Westeros IMO.

The Red Priests and Blood Mages and whoever is on R'hllor's team will die in their war against Ice. The sellswords, those surviving the war and not sentenced for rape or banditry may find new lives in Westeros.

Wrong decisions always have a price with GRRM. But I hope those who tried their best for good, like Missandei, will find a safe way out of this nightmare.

Even without the show, Daenerys ending up as queen of westeros seemed too obvious to me. Anyone fighting from the throne from the war of the five kings seems unlikely to end up on the throne to me. As for Barristan, either he dies or finds someone else to serve. The unsullied could find lords to serve in Westeros or they could be a part of the crown army should they agree to stay in Westeros. With the Dothraki, the problem with them is that their way of life is not just objectively amoral, but it's also against Westerosi laws. So unless they they agree to abide by westerosi law, they couldn't live in Westeros. If they agree, there is no reason they cannot retain the non illegal aspects of their way of life in westeros.

I believe most of her closest counsellors (Barristan, Jorah, Missandei) will die during the wars Dany has to fight. After her death, the remnants of the Dothraki will negotiate a free passage to Essos. The remnants of the Unsullied will become a new Nights Watch or return to Meereen. Her freed slaves will integrate to Westeros, especially in the East.

A good percentage of Essos will be her followers.  Just the ones who were slaves will number in the millions.  There is enough space in Essos for them to live on.  Dany's small council of advisers will travel with her to Westeros.  Jorah and Tyrion will be sent to the wall for their crimes.  Barristan, Daario, Greyworm, and I believe the Tattered Prince will be the generals of her military.  Daario, TP, and Greyworm will obviously return to the east after the throne has been secured.  Barristan will be Hand of the Queen. 

Archived