Book of Boba Fett: The Upstaging of Din Djarin [SPOILERS]

Rhom

23 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Back to the discussion we had on the volume of beskar for the spear vs what appears to be a chain link hauberk of some sort; I'm trying to remember, but wasn't there a line back in season one when Mando was first leveling up that when he brought in beskar he could request some of it for an item for himself but the rest of it went into a communal pool of some sort?

Yes, but it's unclear how many foundlings are still in the covert since there are now only two adult Mandalorians. On re-watch I think only the spearhead was used to forge the chainmail or whatever it is for Grogu. The rest maybe is still in staff form. I can see the Armorer go yeah I'm keeping this. It may not pierce beskar as just a staff, but it will crack heads and break arms and ribs. 

1 hour ago, Corvinus85 said:

The rest maybe is still in staff form. I can see the Armorer go yeah I'm keeping this. It may not pierce beskar as just a staff, but it will crack heads and break arms and ribs.

That sounds like a pretty lame technicality on behalf of the armorer.  But hey, maybe she's a lawyer too.

9 minutes ago, DMC said:

That sounds like a pretty lame technicality on behalf of the armorer.  But hey, maybe she's a lawyer too.

She already fights with her beskar tools, so that technicality has been exploited. A staff would simply give her more reach. 

1 minute ago, Corvinus85 said:

She already fights with her beskar tools, so that technicality has been exploited.

True.  But then she should forge one with her own beskar instead of confiscating Din's staff under some moral pretext!

29 minutes ago, DMC said:

She was pretty knowledgeable about the intricacies of Mandalorian law.

Mando could have an episode of every Disney+ show.

Andor, Season 1 episode 3:   Foundling Mando, hiding in that container for an hour while his clan is slaughtered

Obi-Wan, Season 1 episode 7:  Teen Mando after his first bounty hunt, spends his earnings partying in the Mos Eisley cantina.  He is told this is not the way by an old hermit named Ben.

Ashokha, Season 1 episode 4: Mando misses Grogu, tries to substitute that lone wolf and cub dynamic with a Porg.

11 hours ago, SpaceChampion said:

Mando could have an episode of every Disney+ show.

Andor, Season 1 episode 3:   Foundling Mando, hiding in that container for an hour while his clan is slaughtered

Obi-Wan, Season 1 episode 7:  Teen Mando after his first bounty hunt, spends his earnings partying in the Mos Eisley cantina.  He is told this is not the way by an old hermit named Ben.

Ashokha, Season 1 episode 4: Mando misses Grogu, tries to substitute that lone wolf and cub dynamic with a Porg.

Clearly the Mando episode in Ahsoka will be about Sabine painting his armor. We will literally watch Mandalorian paint dry.

Well, that episode had EVERYTHING.  Luke, Grogu, R2, Ahsoka, Din, Cad Bane, Raylan Givens, Frodo's mithril shirt, the training remote, Luke playing with his lightsaber while he's supposed to be training Grogu for no apparent reason.  Oh!  And Boba and Fennec were in a scene!

So that was another great episode of The Mandalorian...................that is the show we're watching right, lol

This is sort of insane. I've never seen a show ditch it's main character and have the plot of the show be taken over by the much more popular character in it's spinoff series, before. Not that I'm complaining, because I love Din Djarin and Baby Yoda.

What is this show? lol, Boba was in it for 30 seconds. But loved all the appearances. Of course Dave Filoni was going to have Ahsoka in his episode. Should have expected it. Did not expect Cad Bane. Another great live action depute of a Star Wars character. He doesn't look quite as good in live-action but at least they brought the voice actor back.

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

Why not both, Luke? 

And yeah, they clearly didn't have enough material for Boba to stand on his own. But so long as Fennec survives, I'm good. 

I think they're setting up a scenario where ultimately Grogu chooses to be a Mandalorian and joins Din.  Which is why Din's new ship conveniently has a second cockpit set up where the droid is supposed to go.  And when Kylor Ren's mini-purge happens, Grogu isn't there.  

1 hour ago, Corvinus85 said:

What is this show? lol, Boba was in it for 30 seconds. But loved all the appearances. Of course Dave Filoni was going to have Ahsoka in his episode. Should have expected it. Did not expect Cad Bane. Another great live action depute of a Star Wars character. He doesn't look quite as good in live-action but at least they brought the voice actor back.

I thought Cad Bane looked great.  I wasn't sure how they'd pull it off, but I was pleasantly surprised.  He definitely exuded an appropriate menace, and Olyphant really helped sell it as well.

4 minutes ago, Frey family reunion said:

I thought Cad Bane looked great.  I wasn't sure how they'd pull it off, but I was pleasantly surprised.  He definitely exuded an appropriate menace, and Olyphant really helped sell it as well.

He did look pretty good. His skin was paler than in the cartoons and I wish he had a bigger hat. The mouth was a bit weird.

Archived