Book of Boba Fett: The Upstaging of Din Djarin [SPOILERS]

Rhom

Just now, sifth said:

Yea, I'm not sure what the point of those characters was. Also the guys that had to carry them around, just made the scenes with them kind of silly.

Yeah, I kept thinking how Boba should just shoot the guy holding the corner and watch the Hutts topple off the thing. Their only protection seemed to be one wookie, and a throwaway line about how you have to get permission to kill a hutt. (tell that to Leia!)

King Rancong was a beat too far for me ...

Otherwise, fine. Some goodness and some cringe. Will watch Ben Kenobi (can't wait for the backstory on the pseudonym) and excited for Ashoka.

23 minutes ago, sifth said:

So why did Boba Fett get his Rancor, when logically he should have gone for his spaceship, which would have suppressor weapons, for battling the droids?

Because his spaceship can't climb buildings or cuddle with Grogu.

54 minutes ago, sifth said:

So why did Boba Fett get his Rancor, when logically he should have gone for his spaceship, which would have suppressor weapons, for battling the droids?

Why didn't they try the grenade roll from the clone wars? or slowly walk through the giant shield and then stab at the machine. I think @sologdin pretty much explained it though. 

52 minutes ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Aow! Shamone!

You see, in the original cut that nameless pike shot first, and he was doing a barrel roll to doge. 

That was the low point of the finale for me though, really. Just so pointless and bizarre. 

49 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I mean, compared to first four episodes the last three were bangers in my book. 

I was kind of bored. I knew no one other than the noble gammoreans were gonna die, everyone had plot armor, the fights were often incredibly stupid, and it felt like a worse rehash of the first Mando ep with less humor.

The droidekas and rancor were neat? But I guess I still don't care about Boba running tattooine or that shithole planet. 

14 minutes ago, Kalibuster said:

But I guess I still don't care about Boba running tattooine or that shithole planet. 

That's just cuz you were educated on Coruscant like that craven majordomo.

I do feel like Rodriguez has, if anything, regressed as a director. The episode was mostly dumb in a good way but I think could have been done better by a different director. Some of the action beats felt slow or off: the much-mocked spin and shot is a good example. It could have worked, would once have worked in a Rodriguez film, but the execution wasn't right.

That said, the series was fun. Not on the level of Mando series one or two, but I didn't feel like I'd wasted my time. I enjoyed it.

1 hour ago, DMC said:

I blame all those damn Spy Kids flicks.

Haven't seen them all but from what I recall the first couple were shockingly quite good. 

Still weird to see Danny Trejo in a kids' movie. 

4 hours ago, Kalibuster said:

I was kind of bored. I knew no one other than the noble gammoreans were gonna die, everyone had plot armor, the fights were often incredibly stupid, and it felt like a worse rehash of the first Mando ep with less humor.

The droidekas and rancor were neat? But I guess I still don't care about Boba running tattooine or that shithole planet. 

Plot armor seems like an odd complaint given we're talking about a universe in which stormtroopers are supposed to be accurate shots except whenever they're firing at our heroes.

6 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Plot armor seems like an odd complaint given we're talking about a universe in which stormtroopers are supposed to be accurate shots except whenever they're firing at our heroes.

Yeah… I don’t worry about it.  I think if you’re worried that Mando and Boba can stand in an open shooting gallery with no concern while the endless waves of mooks are picked off when they have good elevated cover; then you missed the point of the show.

9 hours ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Was no one else bothered that Boba's rocket launcher just automatically refilled itself? 

That's the real reason he flew back to his palace. Reload and then remembered his rancor needed to go for a wee.

10 hours ago, sifth said:

I expected him to get into his ship too. I know this is a kids show (along with other star wars shows and movies) but sonmetimes it lacks logic 

Archived