Craster is a Stark

I posted on this subject matter in 2016.  My post has been archived and no longer available but here is a link to the discussion.

The Night's King came from House Stark.  The corpse queen, who I believe will be Arya in this iteration, carefully chose this one man to be her mate.  Genetic compatibility is the reason.  They had surviving offsprings and those are the ancestors of the White Walkers.  The Starks, Craster, and the White Walkers share DNA.  Moreover, Craster is a Stark. 

Allow me to post again, for those who cannot open the link to the 2016 thread:

There is something special about Craster's bloodline because the Others accepted his boys.  Many wildlings would gladly make that sacrifice to satisfy the Others and keep them away and yet the Others do not accept their sacrifice.  There would be no need for the wildlings to flee if they can keep the Others happy with the gift of an occasional baby boy.  So the baby's bloodline is clearly important.  The Others do not want just any male baby.

The Night's King was a Stark.  The female Other sought him out.  Why him in particular?  Because of his bloodline.  If the first white walkers were created from Stark stock, it would help explain why.  Only a Stark can be converted to a white walker.  The blood has to be compatible. 

IMHO Boltons would be better candidates as relatives of Others. After all even some of southerners seem to know about reputation of ruling house of Happyfort as humane and philanthropist house. Besides they seem to have some very odd traditions like flaying people alive and hunting people for a hobby. Also Roose sometimes behaves more like a supernatural monster than average human. 

The hyperlink is not opening on my browser.  Could possible blocked by corporate's group policy on the desktop.  I too believe Jon is the Nights King and Arya is his future corpse bride.  There will be enough nuance so that it isn't purely evil.  Jon we already know is motivated by love for Arya and the Starks.  All of the despicable things he perpetrated at the wall was because of his over devotion to the family.  Jon will discard all sense of duty and let the wights in to get even with the Boltons and the Freys.  

7 hours ago, The Lord of the Crossing said:

I posted on this subject matter in 2016.  My post has been archived and no longer available but here is a link to the discussion.

The Gods (read with an 'M' here) must be crazy!

Fun film franchise too, of the same name...

So since your older hate-post has been archived (me clutching my heart) you couldn't bump it up. So you guys decided it's high time since the last Stark hate post rolled out. Kudos! But please, the bullshit keeps getting stale, I miss the good ol' days were each post was more ridiculous than the last. The pros amongst you got banned or what? Don't worry, use one of your numerous alts, but this time at least remember to change the name and avatar. Almost got caught last time

38 minutes ago, Lilac & Gooseberries said:

Happy now?

Never

39 minutes ago, Lilac & Gooseberries said:

Can we stop having new Start or Jon hate posts?

C'mon, you've been here long enough to know the answer, just enjoy the fun, they being earnest about it is the ultimate irony.

I believe Craster is a branch of the Stark family tree. History cycles.  Jon is the Night's King.  The corpse bride will either be one of the two, Val or Arya.  Val is closer but there is no love between her and Jon.  Arya works on corpses.  She is studying corpses or how to make corpses.  Arya is literally the queen of corpses.

As far as I remember we dont have any known member of house stark joining the night's watch that could be craster's father. For me it just doesnt sound right that he was a Stark. Maybe a Bolton, but that would be just too obvious. And bloodlines make sense, but I'm not convinced it has to be a Stark bloodline. It has to be something else.

he might have Stark blood. but I agree that Jon seems to be set up to become Nights king. 

I also speculate that Nights king was actually the Last Hero and the horror stories about him are just how his story has evolved over the years. if you look at two heros of the current story - Jon and Dany- one is killed although he was doing basically anything in his power to protect the realm and the other one is told to be a merciless tyrant although she is farthest thing from that. 

11 hours ago, Lilac & Gooseberries said:

Of course he is! Also Tywin is a Stark, the Mountain is a Stark, the slavers of SB are all Starks, Euron is a Stark, Cleon the Butcher is a Stark etc. All the villains in the books are Starks. Happy now? Can we stop having new Start or Jon hate posts?

A lot of the advocates of Craster being a Stark are just trying to villainize house Stark sure, I don't think that means everyone is or the OP in this instance though. 

22 minutes ago, Lord Lannister said:

A lot of the advocates of Craster being a Stark are just trying to villainize house Stark sure, I don't think that means everyone is or the OP in this instance though. 

The bigger issue is, what's the point? Craster's dead. So unless Monster at the Wall is the secret heir to Winterfell or something, this branch of speculation appears to be a dead end.

37 minutes ago, Nathan Stark said:

The bigger issue is, what's the point? Craster's dead. So unless Monster at the Wall is the secret heir to Winterfell or something, this branch of speculation appears to be a dead end.

I dont think craster is a Stark, but devil's advocate, if craster is a stark and stark blood is somehow necessary for making Others, the NK and the Others always have a chance to resurface till Starks exist. Apart from Stark hate, this could mean a sort of open ending for the story, where the whole process could start again with newer characters (of course this iteration of the story may not be complete so this line of thinking only serves fanfiction)

21 hours ago, The Lord of the Crossing said:

The Night's King came from House Stark.  The corpse queen, who I believe will be Arya in this iteration, carefully chose this one man to be her mate.  Genetic compatibility is the reason.  They had surviving offsprings and those are the ancestors of the White Walkers.  The Starks, Craster, and the White Walkers share DNA.  Moreover, Craster is a Stark. 

The link between Craster and the Starks through the story of the NK is compelling.  The theory is good.  Craster has kept his family line pure and his son will play a key role in the plot.  Craster is as pure a Stark as it can get.  The situation can get real interesting if his son inherits recessive abilities. 

On 1/28/2022 at 10:50 PM, Lilac & Gooseberries said:

Happy now? Can we stop having new Start or Jon hate posts?

Oh, sweet summer child. It ain't over till the fat lady sings (and the end of the series arrives, a prospect that looks farther away, by the day) and even then it'll have some people whining. 

18 hours ago, TheLastWolf said:

I can sympathize, but there's only so much we can do 

Exaggeration.....more like nothing. 

On 1/28/2022 at 6:29 PM, The Lord of the Crossing said:

EDIT: I decided to post what I composed back then for those who can't open the link to the archive.

There is something special about Craster's bloodline because the Others accepted his boys.  Many wildlings would gladly make that sacrifice to satisfy the Others and keep them away and yet the Others do not accept their sacrifice.  There would be no need for the wildlings to flee if they can keep the Others happy with the gift of an occasional baby boy.  So the baby's bloodline is clearly important.  The Others do not want just any male baby.

The Night's King was a Stark.  The female Other sought him out.  Why him in particular?  Because of his bloodline.  If the first white walkers were created from Stark stock, it would help explain why.  Only a Stark can be converted to a white walker.  The blood has to be compatible. 

On 1/29/2022 at 1:52 PM, Nathan Stark said:

This is a forum for discussion.  Craster being a Stark is very interesting to me and others.  The topic is not a dead end because it means Gilly and her son-brother is also a Stark.  That said son-brother remained at Castle Black.  Jon will regret switching babies should he ever learn that the boy at the wall, the one he is putting in danger, is a Stark. 

1 hour ago, The Lord of the Crossing said:

This is a forum for discussion.  Craster being a Stark is very interesting to me and others.  The topic is not a dead end because it means Gilly and her son-brother is also a Stark.  That said son-brother remained at Castle Black.  Jon will regret switching babies should he ever learn that the boy at the wall, the one he is putting in danger, is a Stark. 

That's a pretty convoluted twist in my opinion. But sure. I suppose all crackpots are created equal.

Archived