Craster is a Stark

Parallels exists between Targaryen and Stark.  It is not surprising in any way that members of the Stark family also carry on incestuous relations.  It is even possible for Jon to be the child of Brandon and Lyanna.  The families have magic which is passed down the family through their genes. 

3 hours ago, Jaenara Belarys said:

Exaggeration.....more like nothing. 

Would you have us remain silent?

2 hours ago, The Lord of the Crossing said:

This is a forum for discussion.

Last I checked it didn't include irrational hate-posts

Craster being a Stark is very interesting to me and others.

:rofl: other alias accounts you mean, finish the sentence.

The topic is not a dead end because it means Gilly and her son-brother is also a Stark.

Well you chaps are good necromancers when it comes to bull like these

24 minutes ago, Lilac & Gooseberries said:

It's very possible yes. If Lyanna was pregnant for two years.

"Seasons last for decades, adulthood age skewed, lucky few live up to 100, entirely probable that Lyanna carried around Jon for 24 moons."

An excerpt from If I was an irrational hater , available at Kindle for 2.99$

Spoiler

deadpan, not my best try

23 hours ago, Quoth the raven, said:

Parallels exists between Targaryen and Stark.  It is not surprising in any way that members of the Stark family also carry on incestuous relations.  It is even possible for Jon to be the child of Brandon and Lyanna.  The families have magic which is passed down the family through their genes. 

:agree:

The only known way to control another being is through the use of skin changing.  The Others possess the ability to skin change.  That is how they control the wights.  The blood theory is great.  I would add the Stark family's skin changing powers to the evidence.  Skin changing is another power they share.  Craster and his women have this undeveloped ability.  The little wildling boy at the wall may connect with Ghost because Jon is out of the picture.  His ability will come out because of this bond with the direwolf. 

In short, no I don't think Craster is a Stark.

However, I do think they share a common ancestor, because I think Craster is the child of a Targaryen and it's likely that Starks and Targaryens share a common proto-Valyrian ancestry (but that is a different topic).

I would suggest that Craster is likely the son of Maester Aemon.

"Have you heard nothing I've told you, Jon? Do you think you are the first?" He shook his ancient head, a gesture weary beyond words. "Three times the gods saw fit to test my vows. Once when I was a boy, once in the fullness of my manhood, and once when I had grown old.

Three times he is tested. And these three times are:

Then Lord Eddard is a man in ten thousand. Most of us are not so strong. What is honor compared to a woman's love? What is duty against the feel of a newborn son in your arms … or the memory of a brother's smile? Wind and words. Wind and words. We are only human, and the gods have fashioned us for love. That is our great glory, and our great tragedy.

The relevant test for us here is the "feel of a newborn son in your arms". Aemon is speaking from his own experience here, explicitly so, and obviously there is also a fantastic parallel to Ned and Jon.

And what do we know about Craster:

"Craster's more your kind than ours. His father was a crow who stole a woman out of Whitetree village, but after he had her he flew back t' his Wall. She went t' Castle Black once t' show the crow his son, but the brothers blew their horns and run her off. Craster's blood is black, and he bears a heavy curse." She ran her fingers lightly across his stomach. "I feared you'd do the same once. Fly back to the Wall. You never knew what t' do after you stole me."

Craster's hair is grey going white, and his eye color is not given.

"A craven can be as brave as any man, when there is nothing to fear. And we all do our duty, when there is no cost to it. How easy it seems then, to walk the path of honor. Yet soon or late in every man's life comes a day when it is not easy, a day when he must choose."
The old man laid a withered, spotted hand on his shoulder. "It hurts, boy," he said softly. "Oh, yes. Choosing … it has always hurt. And always will. I know."

There is also the added ironic fun involving Jon's baby swap potentially accomplishing the opposite of his intent, since Gilley's baby would have "King's Blood", Targaryen blood.

"Craster is a Stark"  This is known

It will be a long time before the Craster boy can skin-change Ghost. 

On 2/1/2022 at 8:01 PM, Bowen 747 said:

The only known way to control another being is through the use of skin changing.  The Others possess the ability to skin change.  That is how they control the wights.  The blood theory is great.  I would add the Stark family's skin changing powers to the evidence.  Skin changing is another power they share.  Craster and his women have this undeveloped ability.  The little wildling boy at the wall may connect with Ghost because Jon is out of the picture.  His ability will come out because of this bond with the direwolf. 

On 2/4/2022 at 6:22 PM, Mourning Star said:

In short, no I don't think Craster is a Stark.

However, I do think they share a common ancestor, because I think Craster is the child of a Targaryen and it's likely that Starks and Targaryens share a common proto-Valyrian ancestry (but that is a different topic).

I would suggest that Craster is likely the son of Maester Aemon.

"Have you heard nothing I've told you, Jon? Do you think you are the first?" He shook his ancient head, a gesture weary beyond words. "Three times the gods saw fit to test my vows. Once when I was a boy, once in the fullness of my manhood, and once when I had grown old.

Three times he is tested. And these three times are:

Then Lord Eddard is a man in ten thousand. Most of us are not so strong. What is honor compared to a woman's love? What is duty against the feel of a newborn son in your arms … or the memory of a brother's smile? Wind and words. Wind and words. We are only human, and the gods have fashioned us for love. That is our great glory, and our great tragedy.

The relevant test for us here is the "feel of a newborn son in your arms". Aemon is speaking from his own experience here, explicitly so, and obviously there is also a fantastic parallel to Ned and Jon.

And what do we know about Craster:

"Craster's more your kind than ours. His father was a crow who stole a woman out of Whitetree village, but after he had her he flew back t' his Wall. She went t' Castle Black once t' show the crow his son, but the brothers blew their horns and run her off. Craster's blood is black, and he bears a heavy curse." She ran her fingers lightly across his stomach. "I feared you'd do the same once. Fly back to the Wall. You never knew what t' do after you stole me."

Craster's hair is grey going white, and his eye color is not given.

"A craven can be as brave as any man, when there is nothing to fear. And we all do our duty, when there is no cost to it. How easy it seems then, to walk the path of honor. Yet soon or late in every man's life comes a day when it is not easy, a day when he must choose."
The old man laid a withered, spotted hand on his shoulder. "It hurts, boy," he said softly. "Oh, yes. Choosing … it has always hurt. And always will. I know."

There is also the added ironic fun involving Jon's baby swap potentially accomplishing the opposite of his intent, since Gilley's baby would have "King's Blood", Targaryen blood.

Wow, Craster as the son of Maester Aemon, now there's a thought...

In theory, you could alternatively suggest that he's Bloodraven's son. No evidence, although they certainly share a lack of morals.

On 1/28/2022 at 6:29 PM, The Lord of the Crossing said:

I posted on this subject matter in 2016.  My post has been archived and no longer available but here is a link to the discussion.

The Night's King came from House Stark.  The corpse queen, who I believe will be Arya in this iteration, carefully chose this one man to be her mate.  Genetic compatibility is the reason.  They had surviving offsprings and those are the ancestors of the White Walkers.  The Starks, Craster, and the White Walkers share DNA.  Moreover, Craster is a Stark. 

Allow me to post again, for those who cannot open the link to the 2016 thread:

So Craster being a Stark, the Starks are victims of guest rights breakage at the twins and at Craster' keep. 

On 1/29/2022 at 2:56 AM, Corvo the Crow said:

He sure doesn’t look like one. Also it’s commonly known that he’s a ranger’s get, should that ranger have been a Stark, I think her methet would’ve been sent to Winterfell despite being a wildling and not shooed away.

Even Walder is more like to be a Stark than Craster.

Not necessarily.  The Starks are touchy when it comes to their family reputation.  A Stark man at the wall fathering a bastard is a blemish on the family.  The family will keep it secret. 

On 1/29/2022 at 3:53 PM, Targaryen Restoration said:

The link between Craster and the Starks through the story of the NK is compelling.  The theory is good.  Craster has kept his family line pure and his son will play a key role in the plot.  Craster is as pure a Stark as it can get.  The situation can get real interesting if his son inherits recessive abilities. 

He is an innocent baby who has magic in his pure blood.  He is a Stark and kin to the Others. Should the red woman give him to the flames this close to the Others and at the wall, yes, something bad can happen.  Like angering the Others enough to make them attack the wall. 

On 2/1/2022 at 8:01 PM, Bowen 747 said:

Bloodraven's plan will have Bran use his skin changing to take control of the wights.  Those plans will go out the window if Bran were to stab Bloodraven in the back and side with the white walkers.  Bloodraven cannot give him what he wants.  Working legs.  The white walkers might use this as bait to manipulate Bran to their side. 

Archived