Football: Deadline Day

Raja

It's pretty funny that Vestergaard and Soyuncu have proven so bad that Rogers prefers to play two defensive mids at CB instead of pair them up.

Tielemans also dropped, Dewsbury-Hall looks like a good stand-in/replacement though. Different kind of player, but also pretty good at progressing up the middle and he keeps the ball safe pretty well considering how high-risk Leicester's overall style is.

Taking Daka off for Iheanacho rather than playing them together is an odd decision - Daka's been very isolated and Iheanacho being quite a lot slower isn't gonna have any more luck chasing the low-percentage through-passes. He might be able to hold up and play a Maddison or Lookman through better, but that'd be even more likely with Daka ahead of him...

I don't really like whinging about refs but Oliver has bought into the crowd and sent Martinelli off. This stuff doesn't happen to other teams to the extent that it does to us, some of it is us flirting with danger but I don't see this stuff with other teams.

It's a silly thing to do from Martinelli, to be sure but refs don't send people off for that.

4 minutes ago, Raja said:

I don't really like whinging about refs but Oliver has bought into the crowd and sent Martinelli off. This stuff doesn't happen to other teams to the extent that it does to us, some of it is us flirting with danger but I don't see this stuff with other teams.

It's a silly thing to do from Martinelli, to be sure but refs don't send people off for that.

Oh yeah, completely agree.  The double yellow card seemed out of line.

But still - was like he lost his mind for a minute.

1 minute ago, Whiskeyjack said:

Oh yeah, completely agree.  The double yellow card seemed out of line.

But still - was like he lost his mind for a minute.

I'd love to see the rules as well. There's talk on twitter that you can't give two yellows like that. You one hundred percent don't see someone else sent off if they do that.

What he did really does not merit a red card, I think Oliver's lost his composure there.

20 minutes ago, Raja said:

I'd love to see the rules as well. There's talk on twitter that you can't give two yellows like that. You one hundred percent don't see someone else sent off if they do that.

What he did really does not merit a red card, I think Oliver's lost his composure there.

You can get two yellows there. It's rare, and it was rather harsh, but it's possible.

First Yellow: interfered with the throw in. 

Second Yellow: tactical foul to stop a counter.

You don't see it happening that often, but how often do you see a player trying to interfere with a throw in and then committing a tactical foul to stop the counter in the same sequence of play?

Archived