Football: Deadline Day

Raja

Those freaking donkeys.

Ofc, we concede the 2-1 shortly after the start of the second half (after a corner ofc). (56th minute)

Nearly concede the equalizer, but instead we play out a nice counter to make it 3-1 Kyereh (66th)

And we concede the 3-2 after another set piece flying into our box (73th minute)

And now we are hanging onto a narrow one goal lead in a game that should've been dead and buried in the first half. Effing donkeys.

:tantrum:

I am one goal away from going full soylent.

Full time. I'll take the win, but FFS, what those donkeys do with my blood pressure. 

Without knowing the significance of PG's shit, I can still claim with some confidence, that he is probably correct.

World Club Cup is a glorified friendly competition, nobody in Europe cares about. So we are backing to PG's shit.

Altho, FIFA kinda cares about it, coz it's making them money, and there's a rumour about football fans in South America actually caring about that competition. So not sure, whether PG's shit can compete with that, or whether it's just a myth pushed by officials to justify the existence of that event.

3 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Idk how much the club WC matters, but :commie::commie::commie:!!!!!!

Europeans usually say it doesn't matter- though it does when they win, or their rivals lose (English tend to care a lot less than the others, but that's because for most of history they didn't even acknowledge European football existed, let alone in other continents, and even today many barely pay attention to anything not PL-related).

The tournament lost a big part of it's luster since Bosman law in 1995 though (by that, I'm including the Intercontinental Cup the CWC replaced it), since the competition was much more even (and South Americans winning more often than not), while today Europeans tend to win 99% of the time- with South American players.

34 minutes ago, Teng Ai Hui said:

If an MLS team could ever qualify for the CWC, I would pay more attention.

They could if they win the Concacaf champions. I'm not familiar enough with North American football as to why they rarely even come close, if it's lack of interest, inferior teams to Mexicans, or both.

1 hour ago, Winterfell is Burning said:

They could if they win the Concacaf champions. I'm not familiar enough with North American football as to why they rarely even come close, if it's lack of interest, inferior teams to Mexicans, or both.

it's a strange one. certainly mls sides are not of the quality of the inevitable Mexican club that wins it. but on top of it the round of 16 ends up being during mls preseason. these squads are generally not fit and prepared for it so it becomes an afterthought. 

it is fun though. it's been a bit since they compete but i really enjoyed a Tuesday or Wednesday evening watching dc united host who the fuck from where the fuck via really cheap tickets and getting stupid with friends. 

Archived