Football: Deadline Day

Raja

Since we are apparently now recruiting Australian talents (I hope I don't confuse our regular posters), @The Winged Shadow you were an Aussie, or at least in Australia, right?

Anything on Connor Metcalfe.

And yes, Jackson Irvine worked out quite well.

2 hours ago, Soylent Brown said:

Jota has already shown he's a more than capable replacement though. He presses just as much, and contributes way more goals, without appearing to bring down either of the other two's goal numbers.

If we were to move on Firmino and Origi though, sure, we'd need to find an extra someone else.

To me Jota looks more like Salah/Mane replacement than Firmino replacement. Same goes for Luis Diaz, based on what little I've seen of him. I don't know who's out there that could replace Firmino in Klopp's gameplan. Not saying that Firmino is playing best football of his life, but he is pressing, creating space for teammates and, possibly the most important, is willing to do all the grunt work and let his goal tally take a hit in order for his strike partners to fully shine. 

9 hours ago, lacuna said:

Bodø/Glimt keep punching above their weight in Europe. 3-1 away against Celtic is a fine result, all the more impressive for being in the middle of the off-season.

And the fact that they have sold their first choice CB, LB, midfield pivot and striker since last season.

10 hours ago, lacuna said:

Bodø/Glimt keep punching above their weight in Europe. 3-1 away against Celtic is a fine result, all the more impressive for being in the middle of the off-season.

On the same night that Rangers punched above their weight away at Dortmund. The green side of Glasgow is getting stick at work today. 

Clearly Bodø/Glimt are one of the great sides of Europe, dominating the team that dominated the team that dominated one of the Bundesliga’s best teams. The logic is impeccable.

That or Ryan Jack is really good (true).

2 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

On the same night that Rangers punched above their weight away at Dortmund. The green side of Glasgow is getting stick at work today. 

Family WhatsApp is going off. Really not good for my uncle Gerry’s health.

32 minutes ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

So Klopp said in his press conference that the Jota injury is 50/50, still not clear how serious it is. Could be short term or long term. A big blow if long term.

How long does it normally take to recover from ankle ligament damage? Weeks or months?

Depends on the injury.

Strained or ruptured (and how many)? 

Ruptured 6 weeks+ worst case scenario.

Strained much shorter (basically, when the pain ceases you are good to go more or less).

On 2/18/2022 at 2:58 AM, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Since we are apparently now recruiting Australian talents (I hope I don't confuse our regular posters), @The Winged Shadow you were an Aussie, or at least in Australia, right?

Anything on Connor Metcalfe.

And yes, Jackson Irvine worked out quite well.

Unfortunately, I haven't been keeping track of the A-League or the international games, so got no idea :(

Archived