Football: Deadline Day

Raja

Lukaku is like another Werner, Morata or even Torres (or Shevchenko or Mutu).  How does Chelsea manage to spend so much on strikers that produce so little?  At least Werner makes some contribution to general play, and Morata somehow (how!?) recouped most of his transfer fee.

In a season with Ronaldo looking Iike an albatross at United and Messi barely scoring, Lukaku still looks like the biggest waste of money.

Liverpool squad news: Jota (ankle ligaments) and Firmino (muscle strain) are both out for a while, but nothing more specific yet for either.  And Thiago continues to be absolute class — how can we keep him fit and healthy, and then transfer his brain into Curtis Jones?  Jones has all of the technical skill to play like Thiago, if only he could read the game as fast and not take so many additional touches.  Both Jones and Ox show this insecurity of over-playing the ball too much, trying too hard to make every touch a Hollywood moment.

Typical spurs, losing to Wolves and Southampton and then beating City away :D Amazing result for us and absolutely superb performance from Kane (with Son getting the best Supporting Performance award).

15 minutes ago, Consigliere said:

So it's not going to be a Man City procession to the title. They're still favourites but it looks like Liverpool are going to push them all the way now.

Not if you listen to our Liverpool supporting boarders. 

Yes, but you wouldn't have expected Spurs (I mean seriously, Spurs?!) to be the team that ends City's run with Kane scoring two goals.

They were like the most useless thing coming out of North London this season, including Jeremy Corbyn.

13 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Yes, but you wouldn't have expected Spurs (I mean seriously, Spurs?!) to be the team that ends City's run with Kane scoring two goals.

They were like the most useless thing coming out of North London this season, including Jeremy Corbyn.

Hey, I like Jeremy Corbyn!

42 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Actually, I would have. Spurs have a pretty good recent record against City so it was not so out of the question that they had a decent chance of winning.

Archived