The situation of each region of Westeros by the end of the saga ?

What do you think will be the state, political and economical situation of each region of Westeros starting from Dorne to the zone beyond the Wall ? 

Who do you think will be the ruler and state of the ruling family by the end of ASOIAF ? How many casualties and damage will each of the regions have suffered ? 

What changes will be there by the end of the saga ?

Every region, except the southernmost parts of Dorne will be blanketed by ice.  Queen Daenerys rules Westeros.  Jon and Arya are direwolves.  Bran is a tree.  Rickon is a cannibal.  All of the Lannisters, except Tyrion are gone.  I assume Tyrion gets Casterly Rock if he can fight off distant relatives.  The Tyrells will serve Daenerys and keep their lands.  Asha will rule the Ironborn.  The Freys will survive. 

Every region will have a Stark or Stark loyalist as its head. Sansa will get Casterly Rock, Rickon will get the Reach (and rule from the Hightower) the Crownlands and Stormlands will be combined and will go to Arya whether she's been turned into an effin dog or not. Theon will get Dorne of all places. Bran will be 'king' but rule from the Isle of Faces (KL will be a smoking ruin). Jon will have the task of rebuilding the Riverlands. The Vale will stay with Sweetrobin who will have tapped into his greenseer abilities by then and will have a better grip on himself and his realm. Asha will get the Iron Islands and will lead the iron born away from their reaving ways. 

Dany and Faegon will both be dead and Westeros will hate their memories for the selfish wars they brought to their shores when the real threat was from the North.

On 1/30/2022 at 12:24 PM, Terrorthatflapsinthenight9 said:

What do you think will be the state, political and economical situation of each region of Westeros starting from Dorne to the zone beyond the Wall ? 

Economics is what forms the politics.  The feudal system will cease to function when noble and common alike start freezing their butts with empty bellies. It will be primitive north of the neck.  Bolton, Baratheon, Dustin, and Karstark will be dead. Arya, Jon, and Bran will be wolves.  Everybody in the north will become wildlings led by Chief Rickon Stark.  Free from Kingslanding rule, yes.  But they will lose the benefit of civilization.  The south will return to Targaryen rule.  I don't believe the ending given by HBO.  An ending where Dany rules the south from the Iron throne makes much more sense to me.  The closing pages of the last book in the novels will have Dany starting her preparations to bring the north back into the fold. 

On 1/30/2022 at 12:24 PM, Terrorthatflapsinthenight9 said:

What changes will be there by the end of the saga ?

Read what I wrote above. 

There are different factors.

The North should be hit harder by winter. But they are more used to it. They have rather been spared by the war. And should have prepared (harvests and so on). Same for the Vale. The riverlands are the worst. And KL depends on the South for food.

Stannis army in the North is the example of how bad it is when you are at war and unprepared for winter. So for the South, it will be how bad the war is with fAegon, Euron, Cersei Dany, when Winter will come. And how far south the Others will reach.

I expect King Landing to be utterly destroyed, and much north and south of it. With heavy casualties everywhere, I expect a return of small kingdoms. And not much willingness to go to war again each other.

Archived