Dorne and Daenerys

What do you think will be House Martell and the dornish's views on and attitude toward Daenerys Targaryen, once she finally arrives to Westeros with her followers ? 

What will be their reactions upon hearing the news of Quentyn's death in Meereen and of him having been killed by dragonfire ? 
Will this, and their possible rally of Aegon, cause House Martell and Dorne to be Daenerys' enemies and to oppose her becoming queen of the Seven Kingdoms ? Or could there be some sort of conciliation ? 
If Daenerys ends up fighting against Aegon and winning, do you think that dornish would accept her becoming queen ? Could she and her forces try to invade Dorne like Aegon the Conqueror and Daeron Targaryen did, if Dorne opposes her and her claim to the Iron Throne ? With what success ?

“I told him it was folly. I begged him to go home. Your bitch of a queen had no use for him, any man could see that. He crossed the world to offer her his love and fealty, and she laughed in his face.”

“She never laughed,” said Selmy. “If you knew her, you would know that.”

“She spurned him. He offered her his heart, and she threw it back at him and went off to fuck her sellsword.”

Dany lost Dorne when she refused Quentyn. They will support FAegon since he is the only one who can repay them for their support. As for Dany invading Dorne, since Dorne was able not only to fight Aegon and kill one of his dragons along with one of his Queens Dany has no luck. She should learn a lesson from her family's history and stay out of Dorne.

3 hours ago, Terrorthatflapsinthenight9 said:
What do you think will be House Martell and the dornish's views on and attitude toward Daenerys Targaryen, once she finally arrives to Westeros with her followers ? 

What will be their reactions upon hearing the news of Quentyn's death in Meereen and of him having been killed by dragonfire ? 
Will this, and their possible rally of Aegon, cause House Martell and Dorne to be Daenerys' enemies and to oppose her becoming queen of the Seven Kingdoms ? Or could there be some sort of conciliation ? 
If Daenerys ends up fighting against Aegon and winning, do you think that dornish would accept her becoming queen ? Could she and her forces try to invade Dorne like Aegon the Conqueror and Daeron Targaryen did, if Dorne opposes her and her claim to the Iron Throne ? With what success ?

The Martells will be gasping for their last collective breath before too long.  Daenerys dodged a problem by distancing from the Martells.  The Martells are trying to pick a battle with the Lannisters, a much stronger family.  Not everyone in Dorne is on board with war.  Civil war will break out in Dorne before the arrival of Queen Daenerys Targaryen. 

24 minutes ago, The Lord of the Crossing said:

The Martells will be gasping for their last collective breath before too long.  Daenerys dodged a problem by distancing from the Martells.  The Martells are trying to pick a battle with the Lannisters, a much stronger family.  Not everyone in Dorne is on board with war.  Civil war will break out in Dorne before the arrival of Queen Daenerys Targaryen. 

- why their last breath? they tragically lost 2 of their family members but that's not worse than other houses. during the War of the Five Kings they stayed out of war. no dornish man or woman suffered from that war unlike Riverlands , Westerlands , Reach (recently) , Stormlands (recently) and North.

- Lannisters are wealthier to be sure(how much Arianne's wardrobe seem to contradict with that!) , but how are they a much stronger family with all the casualties they had in war and with Cersei on top?

- and how exactly isn't everyone in Dorne on board with the war? if you are referring to Arianne's sample chapter , it seems they just worry about Iron Born and the possibility of war at their home, not war in itself. besides , what can Daenerys offer them? Civil War ? (they won't do that when they can fight others) ... war with others outside of Dorne? (they are already doing that).

House Martell is ineffective.  Arrianne is just another airhead like Sansa. 

Dany will have better allies.  The two Dornish studs left behind in Meereen will throw their support behind Dany.  The Martells and Fake Aegon will be left without powerful allies. 

1 hour ago, The Lord of the Crossing said:

Dorne will be in a mess just like the rest of Westeros before Her Majesty arrives.  The Martells are not going to pose much of an obstacle. 

20 hours ago, Terrorthatflapsinthenight9 said:

You need to separate and distinguish between the Martells and the rest of Dorne.  An alliance with the Martells was not going to work from the start.  All Doran and his family wanted was revenge.  He wanted even Tywin's children dead.  An alliance with them will exclude Tyrion from joining the team.  Just because the Martells do not warm up to Daenerys does not mean the other Dornish family will not.  Many will support her claim.  

22 hours ago, Lilac & Gooseberries said:

Dany lost Dorne when she refused Quentyn. They will support FAegon since he is the only one who can repay them for their support. As for Dany invading Dorne, since Dorne was able not only to fight Aegon and kill one of his dragons along with one of his Queens Dany has no luck. She should learn a lesson from her family's history and stay out of Dorne.

She might not have a choice.

If Euron attacks her and Victarion somewhere in the Stepstones or in the Summer Sea, Dorne may be the only place for her forces (which are almost exclusively land-based) to go

Just now, BlackLightning said:

She might not have a choice.

If Euron attacks her and Victarion somewhere in the Stepstones or in the Summer Sea, Dorne may be the only place for her forces (which are almost exclusively land-based) to go

It's not up to her. She lost Dorne. Her needs means less than nothing now.

9 minutes ago, Lilac & Gooseberries said:

It's not up to her. She lost Dorne. Her needs means less than nothing now.

No, you're not understanding.

What I was trying to say is that Euron's interference might force Dany to make Dorne her foothold on the continent.

That is to Dany's invasion of Westeros may start in the deep south with Dorne.

She might move her court to Dragonstone or Summerhall. But her armies won't make it that far. They might be forced land in Dorne and be forced to march and/or fight their way through Dorne in order to get to central Westeros.

24 minutes ago, BlackLightning said:

No, you're not understanding.

What I was trying to say is that Euron's interference might force Dany to make Dorne her foothold on the continent.

That is to Dany's invasion of Westeros may start in the deep south with Dorne.

She might move her court to Dragonstone or Summerhall. But her armies won't make it that far. They might be forced land in Dorne and be forced to march and/or fight their way through Dorne to get to central Westeros.

Then she will lose. If Aegon was beaten and lost one dragon and one Queen, Dany's dragons will not have luck.

13 minutes ago, Lilac & Gooseberries said:

Then she will lose. If Aegon was beaten and lost one dragon and one Queen, Dany's dragons will not have luck.

You're right. She will lose.

But the circumstances would also be different this time around. Much different.

We're talking about the dead of winter: the worst winter that the world has ever seen and then there will sword-wielding ice demons and zombies about to worry about. Plus, most of the Dornish army won't be home seeing as they would've just helped Aegon take the Iron Throne. If they are home by that time, they'd be tired. And I doubt that the Prince of Dorne (who is infirm) will be expecting an invasion from the east.

7 minutes ago, BlackLightning said:

You're right. She will lose.

But the circumstances would also be different this time around. Much different.

We're talking about the dead of winter: the worst winter that the world has ever seen and then there will sword-wielding ice demons and zombies about to worry about. Plus, most of the Dornish army won't be home seeing as they would've just helped Aegon take the Iron Throne. If they are home by that time, they'd be tired. And I doubt that the Prince of Dorne (who is infirm) will be expecting an invasion from the east.

the Dornish didn't need their army first time around. they just didn't fight and let the desert do the job. I suppose winter desert would even be worse for Dany and her armies since dragons don't like cold, rain and snow.

18 hours ago, Quoth the raven, said:

House Martell is ineffective.  Arrianne is just another airhead like Sansa. 

Dany will have better allies.  The two Dornish studs left behind in Meereen will throw their support behind Dany.  The Martells and Fake Aegon will be left without powerful allies. 

Dorne will be in a mess just like the rest of Westeros before Her Majesty arrives.  The Martells are not going to pose much of an obstacle. 

There won’t be much left of House Martell after their battle with Cersei and the Lannisters. To expect them to battle Daenerys and her forces over the death of an idiot who was trying to steal a dragon is not supported by the story. 

16 minutes ago, EggBlue said:

the Dornish didn't need their army first time around. they just didn't fight and let the desert do the job. I suppose winter desert would even be worse for Dany and her armies since dragons don't like cold, rain and snow.

The Dornish certainly needed their army the second time around with Daeron I

Dragons seemed to do fine in cold, rain and snow during the Targaryen era. They might not have liked it but they were still effective.

Winter desert? A winter desert would either look like the Sahara on a very windy, cold night OR like Antarctica. Cold and harsh but navigable and flat.

But I don't know. Icy conditions along the Nile and snowfall on sand dunes outside Baghdad is a very hard concept for me to wrap my mind around?

The text seems to suggest that Dorne is the one place in Westeros that can grow food in winter. But that's a normal winter.

What would a bad Dornish winter look like?

5 minutes ago, BlackLightning said:

The Dornish certainly needed their army the second time around with Daeron I

Dragons seemed to do fine in cold, rain and snow during the Targaryen era. They might not have liked it but they were still effective.

Winter desert? A winter desert would either look like the Sahara on a very windy, cold night OR like Antarctica. Cold and harsh but navigable and flat.

But I don't know. Icy conditions along the Nile and snowfall on sand dunes outside Baghdad is a very hard concept for me to wrap my mind around?

The text seems to suggest that Dorne is the one place in Westeros that can grow food in winter. But that's a normal winter.

What would a bad Dornish winter look like?

in my imagination winter desert is more like a windy snowy Sahara rather than Antarctica. meaning that without any caves or trees to be used as shelters , it'll be quite disturbing especially for infantry . 

as for dragons they worked well enough in winters (although , as far as I recall most wars were during autumn?) but who knows what this winter will be like?... that's all for George to say :dunno: maybe he'll write it in a way that Dany will conquer Dorne

13 minutes ago, EggBlue said:

in my imagination winter desert is more like a windy snowy Sahara rather than Antarctica.

That's the thing lol

My brain malfunctions whenever I try to imagine a layer of snow on top of couple feet of sand. Much less in the Sahara

Whenever I have gone to a beach, it's always been somewhere tropical or subtropical. Like Miami, LA or Virginia Beach. And I've never gone to the beach during winter. Is there anyone here who is from Canada, New England or Chicago who could enlighten me. What happens when winter covers sandy beaches with snow and ice? Are northern beaches even sandy to begin with or are they rocky?

18 minutes ago, EggBlue said:

as for dragons they worked well enough in winters (although , as far as I recall most wars were during autumn?) but who knows what this winter will be like?

The first Dance of the Dragons happened in winter. Well, it started in autumn but it ended well after winter began. I think the ugliest parts of the war (Maegor torn apart in Bitterbridge, the storming of the Dragonpit, Aemond scouring the Riverlands, the Winter Wolves, etc.) happened during wintertime.

The Lysene Spring marked the beginning of spring and it happened at the end of the regency.

On 1/30/2022 at 9:13 PM, Terrorthatflapsinthenight9 said:

I expect that Arianne will come to fiery end at Daenerys’ hands.

”She [Nymeria] burned as bright as any man and so shall I”.

21 hours ago, The Lord of the Crossing said:

Not everyone in Dorne is on board with war. 

Most in Dorne are in favour of war tho.

19 hours ago, Quoth the raven, said:

The two Dornish studs left behind in Meereen will throw their support behind Dany.

Those two studs keep badmouth Dany at every turn and blame her for their misfortune. Why would they back Dany now?

4 hours ago, Widowmaker 811 said:

You need to separate and distinguish between the Martells and the rest of Dorne. 

The only reason Dorne gives a shit about the Targaryens is because the Martells give a shit about the Targaryens.

The Dornish joined the Realm because the Martells willed it so, the Dornish fought for the Targaryens because the Martells desired so, even when the Dornish were pissed at Rhaegar Targaryen they still fought under his banner because his wife was a Martell and his children were half Martell.

Without the Martell support, no Targaryen has any leg to stand in Dorne. There's no reason to union without the Martells.

Archived