The North and Jon

Quoth the raven,

I was inspired by one of @Terrorthatflapsinthenight9 's post below. I was thinking along the same lines concerning Jon Snow and the North. 

Jon died during his last moments.  I am sure the White Walkers will make his body able to move again.  Whether intentionally or by accident does not matter.  The Wildlings will be surprised to see a man with enough holes to be used as a fishing net walking around.  Most will freak and run like hell away from the castle.  Some will see Jon as a god.  Those will be his disciples or followers.  They will stalk and kill poor Bowen and the other black brothers.  Jon will become the NK at the wall. 

Jon will not be well-received by the North though.  The commander who sent Mance Rayder and the spearwives out to find his sister is not going to win support.  The way he pushed the Karstark girl (and her lands!!) to the arms of the Thenn will enrage the lords in the North.  But none of this will deter Jon from looking for Arya.  Who will accompany Jon on this mission?  Where do they start looking?  The last he heard, Arya and Theon are on their way to the wall.  I suppose the Kingsroad is a good place to start. 

7 hours ago, Quoth the raven, said:

I was inspired by one of @Terrorthatflapsinthenight9 's post below.

You know how that sounds to me :lmao: !?

I was thinking along the same lines concerning Jon Snow and the North

Easy to do if you're the same person (I understand if it's MPD/DID). And funny that you echo our complaints of JonSnow-North hatred blah blah in your choice of words.

Jon died during his last moments.

And here I'am unable to explain redundancy without a proper example

I am sure the White Walkers will make his body able to move again.  Whether intentionally or by accident does not matter.  The Wildlings will be surprised to see a man with enough holes to be used as a fishing net walking around.  Most will freak and run like hell away from the castle.  Some will see Jon as a god.  Those will be his disciples or followers.  They will stalk and kill poor Bowen and the other black brothers.  Jon will become the NK at the wall. 

I mean we use poor Janos, poor Frey, Poor Roose poor bowen etcetera et al sarcastically. This tops it all :rofl:

Jon will not be well-received by the North though.  The commander who sent Mance Rayder and the spearwives out to find his sister is not going to win support.  The way he pushed the Karstark girl (and her lands!!) to the arms of the Thenn will enrage the lords in the North.  But none of this will deter Jon from looking for Arya.  Who will accompany Jon on this mission?  Where do they start looking?  The last he heard, Arya and Theon are on their way to the wall.  I suppose the Kingsroad is a good place to start. 

And now for the stock trademark signature comment

Yet another Stark hate post, nothing new/original/more ridikulus sadly

9 hours ago, Lilac & Gooseberries said:

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: So why did you kill Jon Snow?

GEORGE R.R. MARTIN: Oh, you think he’s dead, do you?

To be fair, Martin has a tendency to give non answers to questions often designed to make people think they heard what they wanted to hear. He's gotten quite good at it. Mind you I think that "dead" or not Jon's role in the story isn't over, but that statement my Martin was definitely a non-answer.

Jon and Starks won't be well-received? Jon pushed Alys towards Sygorn? what's the next step ? probably the next thread will strongly suggest that North will rally behind the True Queen fighting the VILONOUS Starks.. just like apparently the Dornish are devastated by the rule of the Martells and making secret toasts in the name of Daenerys! 

If Bran is to become king in the end (and I think he will), he’ll need to rule in WF first. I don’t know what that will mean for Jon, but I think Bran will resume his lordship. He was well-received in ACOK as the acting lord, and Robbett/Wyman/Theon/Asha all know that he’s alive (remember, Theon confessed everything to Asha at the end of ADWD). I recently suggested that perhaps Sansa will be his regent/advisor, and that LF’s attempts to oust him will be what finally turns her against him, which could explain the god-awful season 7 WF plot.

All the ASOIAF bloggers really screwed up by never doing a deep analysis of Bran’s time as ruler in ACOK. They were too in love with the idea of him becoming a tree.

2 hours ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

All the ASOIAF bloggers really screwed up by never doing a deep analysis of Bran’s time as ruler in ACOK. They were too in love with the idea of him becoming a tree.

But why?

I never understood it.

Sure, I don't think 98% of readers thought that Bran would become the king of all Westeros in the end. But why did everyone think that Bran was not only going to become a tree but that he was never going to leave Bloodraven's Cave?

2 hours ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

I don’t know what that will mean for Jon

Jon can be the King of Winter as Jon Stark before becoming Lord of the Seven Kingdoms as Somethingsomething Targaryen while Bran assumes the lesser title and responsibilities of the Lord of Winterfell.

Just like how Robb was King and Bran still ruled Winterfell as Robb's heir. The Prince of Winterfell...I think that they called him.

Rickon would be Bran's heir and until Bran is married, Sansa would technically be his de facto consort. Kinda like a Dowager Queen is to a King.

3 hours ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

If Bran is to become king in the end (and I think he will), 

I do agree that Bran will be the ultimate ruler but in a more mystical and deity-like sense. Jon will protect humanity as the normal King and Bran will be something like a God or divine protector.

Jon is going to take responsibility for fighting the Others in an extreme way as the threat deserves. He will view having prioritised Arya over this fight as a mistake he made and will intend to learn from it and to not make it again. He will take the north and eventually the realm because he will need it all to fight the Others and they won't join the fight willingly.

Why didnt you just post this in the unpopular opinion thread.

All your writing is gibberish and it’s neither a theory or a fact with evidence, it’s simply your personal opinion, therefore this couldve been posted on the Unpopular Opinion Thread.

But I’m guessing you don’t care, you just wanna see these forums burn with cancer and toxicity.

Don't count on Jon regretting his decision to prioritize Arya over the safety of Westeros.  Jon is not an intellectual.  His feelings for Arya is too strong.  His last fleeting thought were of Arya and revenge.  Those are what make Jon tick.  Arya and revenge.  His moral side will disappear when he comes back as a Wight.  He will be violent and brutal.  The fact that Jon is a wight will not go without being noticed.  

1 hour ago, Bullrout said:

Don't count on Jon regretting his decision to prioritize Arya over the safety of Westeros.  Jon is not an intellectual.  His feelings for Arya is too strong.  His last fleeting thought were of Arya and revenge.  Those are what make Jon tick.  Arya and revenge.  His moral side will disappear when he comes back as a Wight.  He will be violent and brutal.  The fact that Jon is a wight will not go without being noticed.  

No. Fire is warmth is love, such as that Jon holds for his family and most of all Arya. Cold is duty. Jon's arc is to seemingly turn totally to cold and to duty, it is woven all through everything down to the big chunk of ice he lives under/in/on. Ice is becoming his armour. All warmth is fleeing from him. He never felt the fourth knife, only the cold. The decision to try and rescue Arya, based on what a fire priest saw in her fires, got him killed, tore apart the NW and will bring the north to war. And it isn't even Arya. Returned Jon will be seemingly void of warmth, Arya will be to him a pawn, a marriage piece to seal an alliance to help the war, he will not muss her hair and that she won't want the match he makes for her won't dissuade him.

4 hours ago, Bullrout said:

And after reading your post, we all conclude that you are.

2 hours ago, chrisdaw said:

No. Fire is warmth is love, such as that Jon holds for his family and most of all Arya. Cold is duty. Jon's arc is to seemingly turn totally to cold and to duty, it is woven all through everything down to the big chunk of ice he lives under/in/on. Ice is becoming his armour. All warmth is fleeing from him. He never felt the fourth knife, only the cold. The decision to try and rescue Arya, based on what a fire priest saw in her fires, got him killed, tore apart the NW and will bring the north to war. And it isn't even Arya. Returned Jon will be seemingly void of warmth, Arya will be to him a pawn, a marriage piece to seal an alliance to help the war, he will not muss her hair and that she won't want the match he makes for her won't dissuade him.

Et tu...?

5 hours ago, The Young Maester said:

But I’m guessing you don’t care, you just wanna see these forums burn with cancer and toxicity.

We're the fire brigade ;)

6 hours ago, Moiraine Sedai said:

Jon will be the lone wolf until Nymeria gets back to the North. Jon is not coming back a man. The only way he comes back is as a wight like Coldhands.  

Just wondering where the usual team (main playing 11) was and the vice-vice captain shows up

The Crows and the Stannis contingent will definitely freak out and ride to the south when they see Jon get up again.  The wildlings are backwards enough to see this as a resurrection and drop to their knees in front of Jon.  Jon will resume his plan to confront the Boltons.  He will only find the remains of the Baratheon army and the broken Theon.  Theon will tell him the truth about Jeyne and Jon will return to the wall to become its NK.

On 1/31/2022 at 4:08 AM, Quoth the raven, said:

I am sure the White Walkers will make his body able to move again

Someone will have to deal with the Others. I would not be surprised or freaked out if Jon was to return as something like this infamous NK. The Others are coming for something. For this Song of Ice and Fire. I guess they are Ice, sent by the Old Gods (the demons of the Lion of Night). Their grudge is with the Red Priests, their fiery god, the blood mages and the dragons. I believe humankind best chances of survival is if the Others finish their business quickly and leave. This business possibly includes punishing unjustified wars and never ceasing revenges, abuses like torture and slavery, and so on. Plenty of cases to be angry with humankind conduct. And requiring correction.

If Jon is to guard the realms of men and avoid another 10K years of mindless and petty wars and abuses, he has better to be freaking out for anyone trying. I would prefer to have a nice and soft Jon. But we have to be realistic. If GRRM killed him, it was not to leave him unchanged.

@BalerionTheCat  The Targaryens have been in exile for the better part of 16 years.  The dragons have been gone for more than a century.  The Others are not reacting nor are they defending.  They are making the first move and they bring death and cold with them.  They do not have the moral upper hand if this is what the conflict is about.  The dragons took a Westeros that was involved in perpetual wars and turned it into a place where there are long periods of peace.  The Others are not enemies of the dragons if they are really on a moral crusade. 

It is known that the Others favored Craster. Craster's sons are turned to their kind. The Stark-Craster connection means these boys may have claims to Stark lands.  A very loose claim, I grant you, but a claim nonetheless. 

On 1/31/2022 at 7:40 PM, TheLastWolf said:

Just wondering where the usual team (main playing 11) was and the vice-vice captain shows up

Who's the captain? Widowmaker? 

On 1/31/2022 at 7:40 PM, TheLastWolf said:

We're the fire brigade ;)

On 1/31/2022 at 12:56 PM, Moiraine Sedai said:

And what a fun job it is. 

Archived