Ashara is Dawn

Corvo the Crow

Seher(Arabic) and Sahar(Hebrew) are words that mean Dawn. Their root word s-h-r means “to be enchanting, fascinating, or captivating”, “to dazzle”, “to hold one's attention or anticipation”, “to hope or long for”. Basically descriptions of Ashara, the captivating beauty that haunts with her eyes.

The word “sihir” meaning magic also comes from the same root word.

seher - Wiktionary 

سحر - Wiktionary

9 hours ago, Corvo the Crow said:

Seher(Arabic) and Sahar(Hebrew) are words that mean Dawn. Their root word s-h-r means “to be enchanting, fascinating, or captivating”, “to dazzle”, “to hold one's attention or anticipation”, “to hope or long for”. Basically descriptions of Ashara, the captivating beauty that haunts with her eyes.

The word “sihir” meaning magic also comes from the same root word.

seher - Wiktionary 

سحر - Wiktionary

Im not sure GRRM is aware of linguistics in that way or into it. Possibly. Though I would think he would play with LBN if he was, as it links Elves via the root Alb found in the Alban kingdoms of Scotland and Italy. Alban being a flip of Laban, the Hebrew word for "White, and Milk". Found in words like Lebanon named for its snow capped mountains. Elves being the Children of the Forest in ASOIAF.

I like the idea though and is totally possible.  I just always wonder how much GRRM knows about those subjects

Ashara is no more than the unrequited love interests of Eddard Stark.  One of the personal sacrifices he had to make for his family to survive the rebellion.  He honored the promise to Tully at the cost of his love life.  Her tragic suicide followed.  Ashara was indeed a fallen star. 

Archived