MLB 2022: No Pitchers Allowed

Myshkin

On 2/8/2022 at 10:46 PM, Myshkin said:

Some legal news:

The L.A. County District Attorney will not be filing charges against Trevor Bauer. The MLB investigation is still ongoing.

MLB won't do shit. Infuriating. 

Sad news about Jeremy Giambi. 

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/33254989/former-mlb-player-jeremy-giambi-dies-47

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Lightning Lord said:

Fuck the 2020s, man. I can't even have baseball?! I was hoping to introduce my gf to baseball on our summer visit to the Twin Cities.

Baseball will be back sooner than later, and besides, why would you want to do something cruel like that? 

3 hours ago, Myshkin said:

No new CBA. Games will be canceled from this point forward

By the commissioner who holds no cards and is wearing no clothes at this point. Absolute clown show among the MLB and owners. Such greed from billionaires making money hand over fist. 

I would be sad, too. As much as I hate it, the White Sox are a pretty stacked team and would do well this season. I hope we get close to a full season... and that, somehow, every player on the Chisox sucks in what's left of it :)

@BernieSanders

The 30 Major League Baseball owners are worth over $100 billion. The value of their teams increased by more than $41 billion since they bought them. Mr. Manfred: End the lockout. Negotiate in good faith. Don't let the greed of baseball owners take away our national past time.

"Look ya wanna play ball or ya wanna Fuck around?"

Okay I changed it from golf but it works for me lol.

Newest discussion point is a 14 team post season, because postseason= advertisement money. 

Gross. Gross gross gross. Participation awards for half the league is so damn stupid. Watered down regular season just means even less interest in June through August. Greedy owners. Any of you other older men see that cloud up there blocking my view! Damnit cloud move past! Go on now! Git, cloud, git!

36 minutes ago, Argonath Diver said:

Newest discussion point is a 14 team post season, because postseason= advertisement money. 

I think a 6 team format with the top two seeds getting buys sounds reasonable -- albeit the World Series being played well into November is a clear downside.  7 teams per league sounds a bit much though yeah.

Yep I am grudgingly fine with that 6 team, top two record for each league get byes idea. I guess 14 would be top two of each division plus two wild cards? I liked that baseball staked so much importance to the long term haul of 162 games. I remember when a pennant race was a pennant race and all that.

15 minutes ago, Argonath Diver said:

I guess 14 would be top two of each division plus two wild cards? I liked that baseball staked so much importance to the long term haul of 162 games. I remember when a pennant race was a pennant race and all that.

Wouldn't that be 8 teams?  7 sounds like it'd be the 3 division winners and then 4 wild cards.  Regardless, an odd number of playoff teams (per league) is just weird.  And yeah, I do think the importance of the gruelingly long season needs to be preserved.  But with the 6 team format maybe you could do a 3 game series in the first round instead of the wild card elimination game - again with the downside of how long the postseason would be.

Archived