MLB 2022: No Pitchers Allowed

Myshkin

13 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Idk, long term deals provide guarantees, but if you're that good and don't have an injury history, doesn't that kind of deal make sense if you're assuming every 2 or 3 years you can add $5m-$10m to the AAV?

Well, of course it depends on the longterm deal being offered.  If Correa actually got a 10 year $360 million offer, he'd be foolish not to take it from a financial standpoint.  That's no contest between the risk vs. marginal reward.  And, circling back to Judge, it's clearly much more so for him considering everything we've discussed.

17 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I doubt he signs with them, but if they overpay to get him, oh well.

I mean, yeah if the Sawks splurged on Judge there'd be about 18 trillion "why didn't they just resign Mookie?" articles, but my point there was just there's plenty of teams that could very well overpay him significantly in the fall.

20 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Who knows when his team will be willing to post him. 

4 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

How is that going to work with the international draft? 

It's not.  Sasaki is, obviously, a professional now.  Apparently he could have signed with an MLB team as an amateur, but he opted to file for the NBP draft.

12 hours ago, DMC said:

God damn Kershaw's a class act:

So there's high likelihood he would've had a perfect game, but the opportunity was stolen from him?

His manager needs to kicked in the balls with combat boots for pulling him there.

15 hours ago, kairparavel said:

We're gonna be there Tuesday night!

Tell me something I don’t know. You should know that your husband and I are in constant contact. It would not be unfair to categorize what we have as an “emotional affair”. Go Blue!

Last night's Jays-Yanks game was the most fun I've had watching a baseball game in quite some time.  The primary reason being Sevy is back!  He was dealing - as was Gausman - through five innings, striking out Vlady three times.  Great reminder why he was always my favorite of the Baby Bombers, infectious personality punctuated by his scream after the third Vlady K which ended his night.

Another fun thing about the game was the ballad of Jose Trevino.  He's the Yanks backup catcher they traded for a few days before the season because the other backup catcher they traded for in the Donaldson deal is injured.  The announcers could not stop talking about how awesome his framing was, which was indeed very much on display, especially with Sevy.  Then in a pitcher's duel he proceeds to drive in the first two runs of the game on bloop singles in his first two at bats (only his 4th and 5th of the season).  And he legit stole a base!  Just start this dude already...

3 homers one night, and the golden sombrero the next game. Gotta love baseball. But thank you Zimmer for that base-running blunder to end things. Vlad was about to get another chance.

I saw that Trevino’s framing was ranked 4th last season, where Sanchez was 56 of 59. Half the time Gary wouldn’t even attempt to get a close pitch, even with 2 strikes. It was maddening.

30 minutes ago, Ramsay B. said:

I saw that Trevino’s framing was ranked 4th last season

Yeah.  To be fair, Higgy was 12th, but he's also 1 for 18 so far.  If he doesn't start hitting by the end of the month...

Archived